Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Smile Battlefield Vietnam new mod is out EA.Games

Return to the Pacific for More Intense WWII Combat the largest FREE official Battlefield download to date

You’ve blasted away in fierce and memorable battles for control of Wake Island, Iwo Jima, and the Philippine Islands. Later this summer, Digital Illusions and Electronic Arts will bring you back to the Pacific Theater with three upgraded WWII maps that take full advantage of the Battlefield Vietnam game engine. This new WWII Mod enhances the action of the Battlefield 1942 Pacific maps by adding realistic tropical landscapes, more detailed vehicles and kits, an awesome new weapon, and new character skin options. To top it off, it’s all free!

Re-mastered scenery brings island landscapes to life on Wake, Iwo Jima, and in the Philippines. Make your way through tangled vines, grass, and trees as you search out the enemy in these dramatic new settings. Dense overgrowth and streams influence the tactical situation on these islands like never before; the enemy cannot be seen easily, and the terrain challenges the maneuverability of both American and Japanese vehicles.

Detailed Vehicles and a Deadly New Weapon
The popular warships and vehicles from the original Pacific maps are back, and they look better than ever. Each has been completely rebuilt to take advantage of the Battlefield Vietnam game engine’s graphic capabilities. As before, the effective use of vehicles can shift the dynamics of the battle in your favor. This time, however, you can blare the Battlefield 1942 theme–or one of your own mp3’s–as you charge the enemy position!

Infantry weapons and kits have been upgraded with new animations, giving them the more realistic feel of those featured in Battlefield Vietnam. An awesome new weapon kit has also been added to the mix—the mighty flamethrower! Devastate enemy defenders as you clear a path for your team’s advance. Turn up the heat on those caught out in the open or manning artillery, and clear out bunkers and other enclosed positions.

Player Customization and Improved Gameplay
The WWII Mod includes character head and body skin choices–the same feature seen in Battlefield Vietnam. Now you can choose to be a salty, combat-experienced Marine, a staunch die-hard Japanese island defender, or a fresh-off-the-transport green recruit. All are rendered with stunning new graphics, escalating Battlefield’s award-winning realism. Furthermore, these soldiers have the ability to fire their weapons from open vehicle positions. With a rifle or rocket launcher in hand, you’re no longer just a silent passenger.

Other improvements include the ability to view a three-dimensional version of the in-game map and the capture timer. Activate the 3D map and it’s easy to spot your team’s positions and flags without distracting yourself from the battle. The capture timer provides important intelligence on flag status—you’ll know when territory is being contested, and exactly how long it’s going to take to liberate it.

The Islands Come Alive
The enhancements offered by the Battlefield Vietnam WWII Mod intensify the action in the Pacific. This comprehensive re-mastering of three of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 is a must-have for any fan of the Battlefield series. With the largest free official Mod ever, the Battlefield franchise has again proven itself to be the best in multiplayer arcade-style warfare.

Stay tuned to these pages for the coming of the Battlefield Vietnam WWII Mod.

Home page: Battlefield: Vietnam
New mod are free to get no cost at all. included updates get the mod/update: "click-here"
1.) v1.1 Update - 135MB
2.) v1.1 Update Dedicated Server - 130MB

incase no one knows it there are a lot of squads who do play both Novalogic.inc game and AE-Games most play the combat serials of these 2 great games, DF: Serials and BF: Serials.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-30-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:24 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

This sounds great!

My photography website

Old 07-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Chief ADFP

best part all the new mod EA-Games they come out with is free thats with update toboot. unlike Novalogic.inc you have to buy them new mods
Old 08-01-2004, 01:13 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
That is the 1.1 patch. It is not the ww2/Bf1942 mini-mod.

The mini-mod isn't out for some time yet.
It will be a damn sight more than 135 meg too.

It isn't exactly a new mod either, it is revamped levels from BF1942 made to fit the Vietnam engine.
Basically BF1942 with trees.
All very exciting for people who think Vietnam is poo compared to 1942, but hardly reason to get excited by nova bashing.

There were two poor expansion packs for BF1942 with minimal extras for maximal money.
Nova has only ever done 1 expansion pack and with it you could play others even if you didn't wish to buy it thereby not polarising the community in the way that BF'42 expansion packs did.

For those that are interested there are screenshots of the forth coming (not yet released) min-mod

http://www.eagames.com/official/batt...nity_update_14

Last edited by zza1pqx; 08-01-2004 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:49 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Intersting stuff this guys as I just purchased B.V. last Friday and I have to say that the game play knocks spots off J.O. I.M.H.O. I look forward to all the various mods that come out for thid excellent game.

Regards
Old 08-01-2004, 06:56 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

I like bf1942 more that vietnam (only played vietnam 1ce) bf1942 was a different game for me (not a modern war 1) i kinda like the historical weapons ect. Makes game better and nothing can beat ramming a aircraft carrier into a battleship ? (Any 1 whos done that will know what happens hehehe)
Old 08-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Chief ADFP

BADDOG you have or had JOTR & BF:V what one is better both are new on the street, i got JOTR but it not working out to good should i go get BF:V what says you m8t

dose BF: V blow JOTR away what says you BADDOG
Old 08-01-2004, 10:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Hi Chief!

Always good to hear from you bro! As for J.O. or B.V.? I did have J.O. but I thought it was a dreadful game but B.V. is a, (in my opinion), a far better game with great single and multi play options and excellent graphics, it has much more atmosphere for a game too as it's based on real events from the Vietnam conflict.

Warmest Regards
Old 08-01-2004, 10:39 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
It isn't exactly a new mod either, it is revamped levels from BF1942 made to fit the Vietnam engine.
Basically BF1942 with trees.
All very exciting for people who think Vietnam is poo compared to 1942, but hardly reason to get excited by nova bashing.
With other words a mod haha
It doesnt matter if its made on a privious game, its still a mod as it modifies the game

My photography website

Old 08-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Chief ADFP

thanks BADDOG
asking it has PunkBuster in it too? (BF:V)

On JOTR did you see other bad guy or players with lime green spots on them? like Green stars flashing off & on their body' i scope in on them they are about 150+ meters out i seen it. some buildens had this too, upper 1/2 top in them buildens.

===========================================
Mods are a good thing it booster a dead game beone what it is. as in Battlefield:1942 it was made into a Starwar game it has everything that Starwars has in it and more last mod they was working (should be done by now) they was add-in planets to it (worlds) into the game with fix's to the old mod for starwars to fix glitches.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-01-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:13 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Hi Chief!

Yes B.V. has punkbuster installed and it really is a cool game!

Warm Regards
Old 08-02-2004, 07:38 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA*
With other words a mod haha
It doesnt matter if its made on a privious game, its still a mod as it modifies the game
Thank you for your dictionary description of the term MOD.
I wonder sometimes how I get through the day without the sound expert advice on the use of the English language from you guys here at NovaHQ.
Thanks again Mr Trigger.

We have a game server over at HGG which can run BF'42 and BF:V plus modifictaions.
Currently it sits empty as no-one seems to want to play the old BF'42 (although we will be playing Pirates Mod a bit this week), but certainley no-one on the Hussars enjoys Vietnam at all.
I think if you arent enjoying JO:TR then its worth a look at BF:V because it seesm that there isn't a question of which is best, but rather a question of which do you prefer?

I think Vietnam is terrible and I am enjoying JO:TR a lot. I know a LOT of guys who think the opposite as well.

If JO:TR isn't for you CHIEF I would give BF: Vietnam a look.
If nothing else, the cool music you can play while you are flying a Phantom to give napalm death to a few charlie gooks is top entertainment in a box.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Chief ADFP

i planing on getting BF:V soon after JOTR turn out soo badly and the Tech support from nova is no good for it seem a lot of 3rd partys cashing on it to sale book and helping hand to help people out is a new low blow.

as for EA Game support i had some trouble with BF: 1942 they got me going in 5-8min getting it to work right. i do have to locate my name and password for it lost it some time all go.