Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
midas is offline midas

Sad looking 4 help & advice

I have been playing df2, tfd, lw for a while now and having a lot of fun. I am looking to improve my game and wonder where I can get some basic tactical advice and some answers to about a million questions which are proberbly quite basic. I am not in a squad (dont think Im ready) but want to work toward it. There are still a lot of things I simply dont understand yet. Hope someone can help.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i reckon you should start off with a few of those million questions you have

i do have a sniper manual and tactics manual on my comp which i will upload and post some links but i can't do it right now. (both written for df games).

i think it would really be worth going for a squad / gaming community. it adds so much to the game and you will learn 100x more stuff than on your own. but choosing the squad is the toughest part. the ux* guys that post around here seem to have a good setup.

fire off some q's when your ready, the guys around here have enough experience to field pretty much anything
Old 08-10-2004, 07:21 PM
midas is offline midas

Thanks for reply, I usually play ctf on df2, generally do ok but wonder if I need broadband as I struggle to shoot people. I fire of a whole mag and seem to miss, they fire of a round and slot me. Of course it may be that Im just not that good. Im still learning a lot and I dont expect to be brilliant overnight. I do want to get more involved in the df scene. Im wondering if my comps powerfull enough? Have I got the right connection? How do I join a squad? Im also looking for some basic field tactics (the how not to get shot all the time type)
Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

what speed is your connection?

generally the slower your connection the harder the game can be. this is because you don't actually see the game how it really is according to the server.

if a guy is running you need to shoot infront of him because that is where is really is. your connection is lagging behind, you will come across the term 'lag' a lot with games.

a fast connection like broadband reduces lag and what you see in the game is pretty accurate so you shoot a guy pretty much where he is and he will die.

getting used to how far infront of a player you must shoot just takes some practice.

playing on a server in your own country makes things easier aswell.

i expect your comp spec is fine especially if your playing df2 but make a list of your specs so we can check em out
Old 08-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

sry if i sound a bit patronising, i dont know how much you know about this stuff
Old 08-10-2004, 07:45 PM
midas is offline midas

Not patronising at all, I dont know that much. Not sure about connection speed, Im on a normal aol account and log into nova world, dont know any different. Comps an emachine 420, 2.60ghz intel celeron, 256 mb ram, 80gb hard drive, with 3d agp intel extreme graphics. The game used to jerk around (lag I think) on my old comp but seems pretty smooth on this.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

hmm are you just on 56k / dial up?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:58 PM
midas is offline midas

Presume so. If I am and its a problem, what can I do to improve my connection speed? What is a recomended minimum?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

any kind of connection upgrade (except 64k ISDN) will see an incredible improvement in game play.

it depends on what country you're in as to what you can get. in theory the faster the better w/ increased cost. i think you would be happy getting 512kb/s connection or above, which is approx 10x faster than dial up. but once you get a faster connection, you will never be able to face going back to a slower conection
Old 08-10-2004, 08:06 PM
midas is offline midas

Im lancs, UK, Who do I need to talk to about a faster connection? Do I really need broadband to compete in a serious way?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

you dont need to but it certainly helps.
and generally if you like using the internet for whatever, then i'd definatley consider it. if u talk in the general section about connection you would get more opinions (not many ppl read the df2 section :/ ) but everyone would recommend changing off dial up.

just some info:

if you get cable in your area >> http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/internet.htm

if you cant get cable then you would have to get ADSL, i just connected with pipex >> http://www.solo.pipex.net/
Old 08-10-2004, 08:23 PM
midas is offline midas

Thanks for your time and help Steve. I will look into things and see what I can do. Have a lot more questions but I think I will work on this one for the mo. and in the meantime I will just keep practising. Got work tomorrow so will go now. Thanks again and I hope To talk again. Are you UK?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

np midas

just post more questions whenever, that's what this place is for

currently in sheffield, but from st. helens which ain't too far from u
Old 08-10-2004, 08:27 PM
midas is offline midas

Thanks again, just been to pipex, not bad price, will get it sorted. seeya soon.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:07 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
your a very smart man steve, dont let anyone tell you that you dont know computers.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 08-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

I played for 4 years on a modem...and I thought I kicked ass. Then I moved to Texas almost 2 years ago and got broadband. 3.5 megs HD here I come

Once you make that switch up you will do anything to keep broadband lol.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
wow its been that long bustin? lol glad to see ya back and how did you enjoy jolly ole england
Old 08-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Not trying to offend anyone here...but I am glad to be back in the US.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
'øütkä§t‚«§²Ð» is offline 'øütkä§t‚«§²Ð»

Send a message via ICQ to 'øütkä§t‚«§²Ð» Send a message via Yahoo to 'øütkä§t‚«§²Ð»
I think wha Steve said about joining a sqd or community is good advice....or go to maps that give u hard competition..but dont sit in a map if ur gettin murdered....just takes away from the game n adds stress...i believe we played in a map together 2day....u've got some skills....on a 56k dial up...u usually want to "lead" ur shot about a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.....hint though...use ur knife...dial-up has a lil advantage with the lag when knifing...i just switched from 6mth of 56k to cable....if u can get cable or dsl...do it...will improve gameplay....best advice is to just go out and practice....can always learn new stuff along the way...get at me n i'll show u some excellent "trainer" servers to hone the skillz...pc