Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 10-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

I am of the understanding giving credit dosent count for much legaly, all it does is help establish lack of intent to steal and may go to your character.

I suspect that this would be a really complex case where you hold copyright to the placement of objects in relation to the terrain but not the map itself
Old 10-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Shughart is offline Shughart

To be honest, most companies wont do anything.
There are thousands of layouts out there that are using images that they aren't supposed.
If you go to www.webhostingtalk.com and go to the Templates forum and look at the Hosting layouts, 99.99% of them use images they're not supposed to.
Some of the best designers there are use images they're not necessarily supposed to.
Yes, a lot of people use stocks but if you can't find the image you're looking for then you most often enough try google and dont bother checking if the image is copyright or free.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:04 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
well, i think its ok if you use there images in a reasonable manner (ie... not saying that you MADE those delta force soldiers or something along those lines, or you DREW that cartoon/anime character)
Old 10-24-2003, 05:34 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Shughart
To be honest, most companies wont do anything.
There are thousands of layouts out there that are using images that they aren't supposed.
If you go to www.webhostingtalk.com and go to the Templates forum and look at the Hosting layouts, 99.99% of them use images they're not supposed to.
Some of the best designers there are use images they're not necessarily supposed to.
Yes, a lot of people use stocks but if you can't find the image you're looking for then you most often enough try google and dont bother checking if the image is copyright or free.
Although, do you know if they got the premissions for it??
And yea its allready been said that companys might not care, still they can take leagal actions and if they findout your making money of their work you will most likely be sued or like-vice!

My photography website

Old 10-24-2003, 05:37 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
well, i think its ok if you use there images in a reasonable manner (ie... not saying that you MADE those delta force soldiers or something along those lines, or you DREW that cartoon/anime character)
A responsible manner would be to ask for premissions

My photography website

Old 10-24-2003, 05:41 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
just havin a healthy debate here , i see your point about the maps (i'd get po'ed too), i think i'll forget about it and just put a copyright for novalogic about all the soldiers are theres, all other is mine or yours (whoever made hte layout your putting the images onto)... i think that solves it....

BTW dont you have to pay $$ to get a copyright (as to where you can take legal action for it)?
Nope! You can take leagal actions against a person even though you payed no $$$, but it might be hard to prove! Thats why most companys pay to get their "thing" copyrighed which will give them proof that they came up with that "thing" much easyer to take leagal actions by doing that!

My photography website

Old 10-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

To thoes in question about our images, please refer to our copyright .

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-25-2003, 01:53 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
it would cost me about 200 bucks (american) to get a copyright...this will include a "watermark" on all the images...

which i will get done when i get a chance to do it...in my current status i cant...too busy with work and a deployment to get around to it now...maybe in a few months...lol

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 10-25-2003, 09:54 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
panther's(dfhq's) copyright is what im talkin about
Old 11-02-2003, 10:03 AM
spinal is offline spinal
[Insert Title]

oh,

hi,

look at this, www.ubk.8m.net would the intro pic i put together, be alright, or is that a copyrighted thing & i would hv 2 get rid of it?

Gaming Rig

AMD 64 3200+ venice skt 939
Akasa ak-913 Evo 33
Abit an8 fatal1ty nforce 4 ulutra
OCZ 1gb pc3200 dual channel Platinum
Ledtek geforce 6800ultra 256mb ddr3
Seagate barracuda 160gb
Plextor px-716a
on-board 5.1 sound
Logitech X-530 surround sound

Last edited by spinal; 11-02-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:25 AM
-1PARA-

Any picture you havent gotten permissions or taken (ie with a camera) is copyrighted by the owner and maker of the picture etc... if someone will sue you? Probebly not...

My photography website

Old 11-02-2003, 02:15 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

i would put something along the lines, somewhere, tha thte soldiers and other stuff was made by novalogic