Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Another Warning From NOVALOGIC!

1) You are responsible for your account.

2) Use 3rd party software at your own risk.

3rd party software can be "NO CD Cracks," "Trainers," Network Assistance Utilities, matchmaking utilities, non-Novalogic MOD tools, etc.
3rd party software can install trojans, WORMS, and viruses on your system.
3rd party software can capture and distribute your login information (steal your account).

3) Protect your account

Do NOT give out your account information/password.
Do not type your login information into anything other than the Novaworld login pages in the game or on our websites.

4) Accounts and/or stats lost due to theft can not be recovered.

5) We reserve the right to not restore any accounts/characters that become banned or suspended due to unauthorized activity.

Source: NovaWorld
Old 11-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Worm is offline Worm

Send a message via ICQ to Worm
Re: Another Warning From NOVALOGIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK

3rd party software can be "NO CD Cracks," "Trainers," Network Assistance Utilities, matchmaking utilities, non-Novalogic MOD tools, etc.
3rd party software can capture and distribute your login information (steal your account).

3) Protect your account

Do not type your login information into anything other than the Novaworld login pages in the game or on our websites.

5) We reserve the right to not restore any accounts/characters that become banned or suspended due to unauthorized activity.

Source: NovaWorld
NL doesn't sound very appreciative of the effort made by MODmakers to enhance players' experience do they? If NL had designed their applications along the lines of DF1 where you could join a server via IP, half of the MODs wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

In addition, threatening ppl will only serve to alienate them in the long run and in today's competitive games market, the last thing they would want to be doing is disaffecting their customer base.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:23 AM
_|()R|Z is offline _|()R|Z

Send a message via ICQ to _|()R|Z
Re: Re: Another Warning From NOVALOGIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by Worm
NL doesn't sound very appreciative of the effort made by MODmakers to enhance players' experience do they
no but it is nice that they warn noobs not to install & run every program that they find.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:42 PM
*PR* Admin
Unregistered

i agree that users must take care about what they are downloading, in generally not only 3rd. party software that is doing something for the DF community..

i can say that i was lucky with all programs downloading on the main community pages including here, no worm or spysoft
no backdoor or trojan or any other virus is on my PC...

and the admins of the main community pages are taking care that this will not happen....

so to all noobs...you may download on the main community pages and thier affialates with a minimized risc of getting bad software, but you should always use a virus detecting software and a firewall to ensure it yourself..

regards

SH*PR*
Old 11-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Gene starwind is offline Gene starwind

Nova's warning

i have to say that this is very annoying! you'd think that nova would appreciate the effort for all those mod makers that make their reputation better, it is because of those mod makers the game is a challenge, i have to dissagree in part with novalogic but you know they could be right,
if they didn't want us to download mods why didn't they put the unlocked edtor and dialogue files on their games?
when the editor is locked the maps that are made can be pathetic, and unrealistic unlike those with the mission editor that is unlocked, some one should talk to nova about this

who aggrees with me?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:10 AM
_|()R|Z is offline _|()R|Z

Send a message via ICQ to _|()R|Z
Re: Nova's warning

Quote:
Originally posted by Gene starwind
i have to say that this is very annoying! you'd think that nova would appreciate the effort for all those mod makers that make their reputation better, it is because of those mod makers the game is a challenge, i have to dissagree in part with novalogic but you know they could be right,
if they didn't want us to download mods why didn't they put the unlocked edtor and dialogue files on their games?
when the editor is locked the maps that are made can be pathetic, and unrealistic unlike those with the mission editor that is unlocked, some one should talk to nova about this

who aggrees with me?
try reading the original message again.....
Old 11-19-2003, 12:01 PM
DeadBoltdf2 is offline DeadBoltdf2

Send a message via ICQ to DeadBoltdf2
LOL, I would never have been able to play had it not been for IP4DF2. The in-game lobby never worked for me from day one. BHD is the only in-game lobby that works for me to date.

I can understand a general warning but they leave us all hanging as to what their actual position is and what consequences (if any) there are to using 3rd party tools.

And where does the realm of 3rd party tools end (icq, download managers, network tweaking)?

They have, for the longest time, had an advisory that trainers and the like should be downloaded with caution. It is disappointing to see them try to extend this to the helpful tools as well without really clearly stating the position and reason.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Gene starwind is offline Gene starwind

i have read through the message:

3) Protect your account

i have a programme on my pc that protects everyhting,
data, bank details, reports, the lot my account cannot be stolen,
but surely the map editor that is unlocked cannot cause any problems, because nova did unlock it, didn't they? if you have any further info let me know
Old 11-21-2003, 05:10 PM
GravyFace_BMF is offline GravyFace_BMF

Send a message via ICQ to GravyFace_BMF
sounds like a scare tactic to me.

Proprietary software developers are usually pretty cautious about 3rd party developers encroaching on their turf.

Third party add-ons, services, and partnerships represent a fairly lucrative market opportunity for dev shops and publishers, but since our DF community coders are writing such good apps, theres no need for a $19.95 autopinger utility.

The also know they have weak CD protection/server authentication so maybe they can frighten a few people from downloading and using no CD cracks.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:04 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene starwind
i have a programme on my pc that protects everyhting,
data, bank details, reports, the lot my account cannot be stolen,
but surely the map editor that is unlocked cannot cause any problems, because nova did unlock it, didn't they? if you have any further info let me know
Nope Novalogic does not put out the unlocked editor. ( Unless in my time off abscence they turned around 180 degreeds with there stance. )

And no matter how well you think your files are protected, if a program is written by humans it can be hacked by humans.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 11-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
Nope Novalogic does not put out the unlocked editor. ( Unless in my time off abscence they turned around 180 degreeds with there stance. )
The Unlocked editor came in the New Update M8.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:28 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
cheers for the heads up... hmm me think me needs to update BHD. lol
its good i put in the last sentence. lol

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-21-2003, 10:05 PM
~?~ is offline ~?~

Send a message via ICQ to ~?~
Old 01-04-2004, 05:05 PM
=TDLF= Pl@tinum is offline =TDLF= Pl@tinum

Update rules
Old 01-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will to the good players keep up the fire do it fair game play. to them who love to cheat you get what you ask for a lot of trouble don't even test a trainer out thats all it takes, and watch what you download off the internet don't everything free.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
type-o Not everything free
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]