Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:45 AM
RoDent is offline RoDent

TFD>EXP...punts other players...why?

I downloaded the EXP for TFD and followed all the instructions in the read me file/text/doc. But when ever i hosted up one of these EXP missions nobody could join without getting punted? The other players that tried to join (in pw games) were aware that EXP is needed to play and they had it installed just the same as i did but still got punted. What is it that we have somehow managed to do wrong here, or what is it that is causeing this problem?
Old 03-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
guy
you have exp-added in thats cool
i have to check to see maybe there some other thing could be you or they have a older exp for it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-07-2003 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:22 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

Was it a repeated punt or did they try only one time? I'm not sure which TFD Exp pack you're refering to, was it the one made by Terranova? If so, you might try emailing MajorHeadache@DFArena.com and pass along all, ALL, of the pertinant information to him and I'm sure he can help. As for the pertinant info, I mean you will have to tell him exactly what happened, what map or maps you were running and all that.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:49 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

It is the EXP:LW.....but when you read further in the readme text it says not to unzip EXPTFD.EXE into your TFD folder. This EXP was downloaded from the TFD section and it runs fine when i play it. Only prob. is other's can not join. Anyone who has EXP installed get punted everytime they try to join. I tried joining someone's game with EXP and before i got in i got the sound of GAME OVER and it brought me back to the menu.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:50 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

^ sorry the version was made by FwO Raven
Old 03-08-2003, 10:49 PM
DFLW Map Maker

Hmmmm.. slightly confused here..

This is for TFD right?

You downloaded the DFLW Exp pack and installed it into this?

If this is for TFD then you needed to install the DFTFD Exp pack, not the DFLW Exp pack, this is where your problems are caused from - it's the wrong one.

Afraid to say you'll have to save your PLAYER.SAV file (this contains your keymapping for your keyboard and game stat's that the game keeps on it's own) and then delete the game and reinstall.

After you reinstall, go HERE to download the DFTFD Expansion Pack at DFArena - this one was creaated by TerraNova-EXP.com and it should solve your problems.

Hope this helps,

~~~
Almost forgot, in order to have people come into your server, both you and they have to have the SAME exp installed or you'll run into these type problems again...
Old 03-08-2003, 11:13 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

ok...i downloaded the EXP for TFD from the TFD section..not LW. When i opened up the file(readme) it explained about the diff maps etc..pertaining to LW(this was all in the TFD section for downloads..even the zip.file says TFDEXP) but then the executable file was called EXPTFD.EXE.not EXPLW.EXE Confused yet? I AM..lol. Anyways i already uninstalled and tried again, same thing. Going to do it again but use the Download you suggested and i will keep you posted as to how it works or... if its just the fool behind the keyboard. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-09-2003, 12:05 AM
DFLW Map Maker

Ok.. also, like the readme says, just make a folder on your desktop, extract the file there and run it from there, do NOT put it in your TFD or NovaLogic folder.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:29 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

here is what i've done so far.Uninstalled all info related to TFD ie: TFD game,TFD folder and Novalogic folder. re-installed game, updated game. Created new file folder on destop called TFD files and extracted EXPTFD.EXE into it. Ran the program from there.The program Auotmatically installed needed files into Crogram files/novalogic/TFD.Re-installed the no-cd 8 player patch. Tried to host game....no one could join>punted everytime they tried. I tried to join other EXP games....i got punted. Only games that i could join where ones like Depends N,Depends D....but to my knowledge they are built on a stock terrain and i have played them before i even had EXP. I have repeated this entire process 4 times but to only have the same problem occur. This time though....i have not installed EXP or the no-cd 8 player patch in hopes that perhaps i am missing something here and i won't have to uninstall right away and just go from where i am.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:57 PM
DFLW Map Maker

One more question - I may have missed this above in the other posts: Are you running Windows XP? If so, turn off it's firewall, this might be the cause also.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Chief ADFP

there is something you have to know some time a host in other area use DF-Fav or a cheat blocker all people going into their server have to have this may not what you needed
but its a bet of info too.

reason for punt:
1.) cheat blocker/DF-fav
2.) spec terrian they using like exp type map.
3.) auto-punt lag time mostly you get this after been in it for 2-15min.
4.) skin of you instill skin (mod) can punt you if host disable it and you are using it or try to. in the folder "SMALL.PFF" file size should be 96,160Kb in size this is normal without skin.
5.) maybe firewall i really don't know much about that part at all remember hearing some thing a guy had trouble with it long time algo. (window Xp has its owne firewall turn it off)
6.) host punts a player out.

Sorry if its don't help much
Old 03-09-2003, 10:20 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

ok...1st. AW= no Win.Xp. here's my system in general. 900ghz Pent.3,20gig HD(12.4gig free/available),Win 98 2nd edition,384 memory,ATI Radeon 7000, SB audio. NAV 2002.
2nd Chief adfp= i do not have the DF FAV and do not run any cheats or have any of those programs. (i hate cheaters with a passion!) Ans as above i run WIN 98 2nd edition. Hope this info will help in anyway to me solving this problem i have.
~~ allmost forgot: i've never tried any maps for EXP in TDM's/KOTH etc.. as i play about 98% of the time co-ops. Also i never even get to see the game if i join another persons server. I can only see and play these games in single player or hosting but then again when hosting....people get punted. Sooner or later...I WILL GET THIS TO WORK IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER..!!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Chief ADFP

ok you don't know what DF-Fav or a cheat block is or how they work.

DF-fav
basic they do is bypass NL no log-in gose to public/password by the IP# you can save a listing of server who are hosting and can keep it down to 5-game area or up high as you like
a spec item this DF-Fav has is it block trainers from being use by the user.you can use it to host with too if you do all other parties have to a cheat blocker or DF-Fav if not they be punted out.

not if the host disable it.

Cheat blocker is a anti-cheat tool
made by the same guy he make's them both Cheat blocker & DF-Fav.

host who is using "dailup not cable/DSL/ fast connect"
one more if you hosting game using dailup connection it can lag i host dailup 56k alot of people get punted out my upload is not that great even with 56k they may have a great connect but if dailup is slow they can get punted out from it.

thats why it was listed up as for punted out from a host or a player gose.both parties have to have it enable to play.

if you don't have it that cool please don't get mad about it was listed as one of them items that can get one punted out thats all. if you think they can be one reason for punted out think again there are many reason for it.i don't know what you have added to the game or maybe you fore gotting something thats why the list was more then one item long

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-10-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:55 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Yes i am familar with df. Fav and cheat blocker as i used them when playing DF-2. I do not have any of these programs installed on my pc.anymore....and i do not have any TRAINERS/CHEAT programs installed on my computer. I Have high speed DSL, so i think i should be ok there. But yes i agree that there are many other ways to get punted and appreciate all the feed back in regards to this problem/issue.By the way almost forgot...my small.pff file was 96,160kb with just the game. When i installed EXP this changed to 148,507kb which from my understanding is expected/normal.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Chief ADFP

ok glade only was trying to help sorry if it not much other info cya later on in the killing fields

i go by chief-adfp and i only one use tag also of C/R stand for Cheat Reporter try to support novalogic.inc and follow good players you see me say hi i'll do same.

i only report real cheater's i see