Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Windows Update KB4048955 may be the MED killer

I'm uninstalling some Windows updates because my sound drivers are affected badly, but I also found NL mission editors were crashing on start.

I randomly selected an update to uninstall, but I forgot to note which one it was 'cause my 'genius' is severely limited. After the reboot, I tried to start a MED and it went fine. Attempting to figure out the designation of the MED killing update, I noticed that Windows update KB4048955 is now waiting to be installed, so I'm assuming that's the one I just uninstalled.

I'm asking lolfake or stompem or anybody that can't get the MED to start to uninstall Windows update KB4048955 and report the results.

Thanks!

Edit: So immediately after uninstalling my sound drivers to attempt reinstalling them to see if they work correctly again, I had to reboot, during which KB4048955 reinstalled itself. After, I abandoned working the sound driver and uninstalled KB4048955 again and KB4055237 as well, thinking I'll figure out how to block them after, and after rebooting, found I have no access to them at all now, and KB4504022 has no deinstall option, and the MEDs won't start again.

I'm livid.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-09-2017 at 08:14 AM.