Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain Gay marriages for UK now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4493094.stm

I wonder where this will take us as a society?

Regards
Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Under the law, couples who want to form a partnership must register their intentions with local councils. Unlike marriages, the signing of the legal partnership papers does not need to happen in public.
they can hind the fact if they wish so no one knows of it.

it says:
Quote:
The first ceremonies under the Civil Partnerships Act can take place in Northern Ireland on 19 December, followed by Scotland the next day and England and Wales on 21 December.
are they nut so or what Scotland people are really going to stand for this, not count out Northern Ireland ether? were they may even go over broad totally

don't think the public would like this at all in them two areas. London maybe be it be ok there.

don't think a gay men or women would last long in the U.K Arm service ether. a man shows up saying he gay or taken liking to other men, he will not last long, they are bulls when it come to ladys type only for men in the service. think they be dead before the week is over no lie. i serve in the U.K Air born unit in Scotland OMG they love women a lot and hate anything other think about it totally, besides other thing too.

TDY-Training for 6mo with them.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

from what ive heard in my area everyone is outraged of the fact theres going to be a "gay parade" and apparently theres plans to disturb it..

im totally against it..

marriage is supposed to be between a man and a women, not the same sex..
Old 12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

sighs...I guess I'm just not politically correct..

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I really have no problems with it.. It dosen't affect the way I live..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
marriage is a man and woman, its disgusting..

Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i dont care at all, why should i care what other ppl do? what right do i have to tell others how to live their lives?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
YES!

the gays are spreading the world and away from the USA!!

good luck uk finding out how to stop it...

Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

If only the Priests were allowed to get married to opposite sex!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
zaitsev is offline zaitsev

i'd ike to know how this effects everyone? and why everyone thinks its ok to be a busy body and interfer in others lives? so what if two chaps or two women get married, how does it effect you? i dont like alot of things in life but i get on with my life and enjoy it without the need to butt into others lives and tell them how to live
Old 12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Terry is offline Terry

personally i think gays are blody filth! and not just men, i think lesbians are disgusting also (lol i guess that makes me sounds odd, or even GAY?)

althought i may find it disgusting, i dont have a problem with it providing they dont prance around the street acting like puffs, like a couple of people did in my old school and college, that really done my head in!

if they keep themselves to themselves, i have no problem with it.

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
i say let them go no as long as some guy doesnt try to get me involved with him,

DAMNIT I HAVE A GAY UNCLE AND A LESBIAN AS AN AUNT,

arent i in trouble...

Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by ShArP ™
YES!

the gays are spreading the world and away from the USA!!

good luck uk finding out how to stop it...
Wrong it started in Asia gay right movement (were they pass the into law) about 3yrs before it hit the U.S.A. then the Gay Law pass it into law SF-Calif freaks.

think if you get a lot of people together who sin like crazy! or break the law. they can get it pass into law if they have a lot of money to front it with so they can do it without breaking the law.

let hope the sick-o who have sex with underage kids don't get thier day in court were they have a right to do the dirty thing with under age kids.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

i agree with what p and sb said...

Although i find it amusing that people will quite ignorantly forget that the institution of marriage that they believe will be ruined by homosexual marriages, in the purest sence, has been demolished by the advent of the ability to divorse and the divorce rates.

Basically i think that the idea of marriage as a religious ceremony joining two people has largely gone out the window gue to the decline in religious beliefs in the past 50 years, its now just a legal way of recognizing a partnership of two people, and that is even in decline, due to increased rights for de facto couples...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
It's the principle of the matter. It takes away the "specialness" of a real marriage and takes something that is sacred down to an awful depth. There's a reason homosexuals are scorned in society and often stay in the closet...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:16 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
i agree with what p and sb said...

Although i find it amusing that people will quite ignorantly forget that the institution of marriage that they believe will be ruined by homosexual marriages, in the purest sence, has been demolished by the advent of the ability to divorse and the divorce rates.

Basically i think that the idea of marriage as a religious ceremony joining two people has largely gone out the window gue to the decline in religious beliefs in the past 50 years, its now just a legal way of recognizing a partnership of two people, and that is even in decline, due to increased rights for de facto couples...
I'd have to say that I disagree fundamentaly with what you say there Mike as marriage is one of the main pillars of any society and in most societys the vast majority of couples, (men and women) stay together for the length of their lives.

In my own case and in the case of all of my close relatives we have all been in long term marriages and intend to stay together for life the fact is the vast majority of people do get married and intend to raise children together as a family although there has been a rise in divorce rates here in the U.K. there is also a lot of re-marriage amongst divorced people.

One of the main reasons for this is companionship as well as love and there are an awful lot of lonely people out there sadly.

The raising of the status of so called "gay marriages" to the same level as normal marriage between men and women simplly reflects a middle class obsession with being politically correct and a ridiculous attempt to be all things to all people which never works and never will as equality is a wonderful idea but in the real world never works as there are obvious differences between people that cannot be wished away by passing any laws.

The religious aspect of many marriages is in fact here in the U.K. on the increase especially amongst the new ethnic groups who have arrived in our country and have deeply held religious beliefs that require a religious ceremony to santify a union between a man and a woman.

In my local area many muslim organisations have condenmed outright this move to acceptance of "gay marriages" and I have no doubt this move will polarise out society still further.

For myself I have no axe to grind with any one's choice in their sexuality as I worked with homosexuals in the civil service and I realise as most of us do that humanity is made up of many complex relationships.

Warm Regards

Steve/Baddog
Old 12-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Chief ADFP

all i have to say to this is mainly a nation turn to sinful ways will sooner fall from inside then any outside force.

it happen in pass it and it will happen again history says it all.

being gay and saying it ok? is not cool and down right spiteful if you ask me.

i have gay people i know they don't think of getting marry at all, they even think its a joke them pass it so other gay people can get marry to each other.

they told me at lease 5 of them says; their mom and dad got marry and had kids, a real gay marriage can't even have kids like normal people can, should not be marry at all. they even taken it one step in the right direction they said get a freak lawyer make a contract with each other.

you like to be gay couple cool don't vomit in my face about it.
be nice i be nice back, but a warning don't cross the line with me, i will speak my mind about it you may not like it but freedom of speech is there too.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP ™
Wrong it started in Asia gay right movement (were they pass the into law) about 3yrs before it hit the U.S.A. then the Gay Law pass it into law SF-Calif freaks.

think if you get a lot of people together who sin like crazy! or break the law. they can get it pass into law if they have a lot of money to front it with so they can do it without breaking the law.

let hope the sick-o who have sex with underage kids don't get thier day in court were they have a right to do the dirty thing with under age kids.
those asains always start something back...

wasn't meaning to hurt any feelings if there is any asains in here...

Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 AM
zaitsev is offline zaitsev

i find it funny all the people saying its a sin

let he who is without sin, cast the first stone

i also surgest you read your bible about

Ruth and Naomi

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."

David and Jonathan

"...Jonathan became one in spirit with David and he loved him as himself."

"...the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul"

"From that day, Saul kept David with him and did not let him return to his father's house."

"...and they kissed one another and wept with one another until David recovered himself."

i think it all comes down to that your all very insucure of your own sexuality, homosexuality is not contagious, being around someone who is homosexual wont make you suddenly gay, and all gay people dont suddenly fancy you because your the same sex

and no im not gay, the way i see it, if there are more gay chaps, then there are more single women for me
Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I hope you're not suggesting that any of those people you listed were gay or bi. In fact, I'm sure you're not.