Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-17-2003, 07:08 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

Smile The Truth About LAG

I have played this game with 3 different typs of internet connections. I have played on cable, DSL, and AOL. I have experienced the effects of lag from both sides...as a lagger and also as a non lagger. This is what I have experienced:

When I have lag it does not help me to stay alive at all. On the contrary, my lag causes my death as I shoot at shadows. I shoot where the enemy was, not where they are now. As a result they kill me with the greatest of ease.

When I play with a high speed connection my kill rate increases 500%. Once my lag is gone, I shoot where they are and they die where I shot them. I have also noticed that when I fight someone who has lag, they tend to not even be looking in my direction when I kill them. They are always looking at the spot I just moved away from.

Have you ever noticed that people will always complain when they die because of lag, yet they refuse to accept that they can kill because of lag. When lag is working in their favor, people tend to forget it exists. If you have ever shot someone who didnt die...is it so hard to believe that someone else may have shot you and you didn't die?

The very mention of the word skill in a conversation about this game makes me laugh...because the conditions are so unbalanced that it is impossible to judge skill. It may not make your ego feel good to hear this, but accept it. You are not as good as you think you are. You just have a better internet connection.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Re: The Truth About LAG

Quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal
I shoot where they are
You aren't supposed to shoot when they are, you lead them. Depending on your connection how much you lead them. So it doesn't matter.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 02-18-2003, 06:48 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Re: The Truth About LAG

Quote:
When I play with a high speed connection my kill rate increases 500%. Once my lag is gone, I shoot where they are and they die where I shot them.
I would like to view that. I find it hard to believe. Ive played on 56K and DSL now and the only thing i encounter is that my maps load faster. I had a horrible time @ the beginning playing @ DSL cause they kept killing I was still in the idea of having 56K. The only thing that changes is the aiming. like Trilogy stated.

You say you play better due to having a better conection speed. You dont gain game experience by just upgrading your internet account. You gain experience by playing alot.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

First of all...you dont have to lead someone who is close to you. Bullets travel fast enough to kill someone 20 feet away before they can move. Leading is for snipers.

Second...Until you have played this game on a variety of computers you have nothing to base your judgements on. As is the case in life, people only know what they see from their own perspective. When you are able to see through the eyes of another you become aware of your own errors.

Is it so hard to believe that this game is not perfect? My kill/death ratio when I play on DSL averages around 45 kills and 11 deaths. When I play on AOL I average 9 kills and 27 deaths.

You can't tell me that my own personal experiences are not a reality....because no matter what you say it does not change the results. Put aside your ego....it's only a game...look at it with an open mind and maybe someday someone will be able to provide a game that is more fair to all and thus more fun to play.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Leading is for snipers.
Maybe that's your problem? I lead all the time, even with a 4.5mb/s cable connection.

Quote:
Second...Until you have played this game on a variety of computers you have nothing to base your judgements on.
Played on Prodigy 56k, Qwest DSL (512k) and now Midconet cable (4.5mb/s) and 3 diffrent systems. All that changed was how much I had to lead and less graphics lag etc... I also didn't die as quick as I do on cable.

No matter how much you try and attack the high speed players, you will not win. There are so many players that will dissagree with you and people that will dissagree with us. Delta force was build in the 56k era and revoles around it. I had no problems what so ever with 56k. And I bet if I went back to 56k I would be even harder to kill.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-18-2003, 04:31 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
first: You do have to lead when sum1 is close.... Not all the time but sumtimes yes.

2nd: dont go the variety I begun with a comp like vidcard geforce 1 200 Mhz 64 Mb ram
then ther was a faster comp with GF2 500 Mhz
GF3 500 Mhz
now i have Gf4 ti 4600 128 DDRram 1.2 Ghz CPU 512 DDRram

played on 4 systems.

3rd: I nvr said anything bout your personal things not beeing reality. It reflected my opinion. Te only thing i said was that experince at the game wasnt gained by a newer /upgraded comp.

And i never said anything bout beeing a "perfect" game.
nothing is perfect, nothing.

And which ego you are talking about? as far as i know i didnt say things which conducts to having a big ego. If so tell me maybe im getting that point then. Im not a sum1 that resides in a english speaking country.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 02-19-2003, 09:11 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

you dont really sound like a experienced 56k'er... most 56kers know that you need to take a few minutes to see how far ahead you need to aim - for every fps game. i have played with 56k online for 6 years, and now i have had a 2.5 meg in/out connection for one year, and seriously, i dont notice any difference in killing/death rate in most games, but then again there were some games with ****ty net code when the ping goes over 100, like half-life *cough*, so i dont have anything to compare there.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:12 PM
DJ_Kling is offline DJ_Kling

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Kling
What they need is a dedicated high-speed server. People who are all on 56k are fine, people all on highspeed are fine, its when you mix and match and the server tries to compensate that you have problems
Old 03-13-2003, 01:38 PM
H͆MÅÑ«§WM» is offline H͆MÅÑ«§WM»

Smile Lag is real..

I agree with crazy. I used to be on dial-up. 56K through DF1. Heck, RivaRat had a 19.2K connection in DF1 .

It usually took me a couple of minutes to "get the feel" for the lead-time. Now that i have a cable I still have to lead, but not by as much as when I was on dial-up. lol Truthfully the ONLY time i've ever aimed directly at someone was when they were either coming directly at me, or directly away from me.

I also think that the server plays a big part in the lag time. Speed, memory, type of NIC, connection, etc.

The only thing grotesquely wrong with Humanity is the Humans...
Old 03-20-2003, 10:38 AM
}DHS{ WaYnGcHuN is offline }DHS{ WaYnGcHuN

Send a message via AIM to }DHS{ WaYnGcHuN
I have yet to experience real problems with lag vs. kill/death ratio, and I constantly switch between a 56K and a DSL connection. Sure it takes me a couple extra minutes on the 56K to get in the "groove" (simple term for knowing how much to lead and when to fire), but in the end lag doesn't really effect someone who has skill with the game. While you may have that problem, maybe it's ebcause you haven't spent a lot of time on a 56K, compared to those who have played on one for years (or in my case, 28K up until 3 years ago when we got 56K)