Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-25-2002, 01:00 AM
Gecko is offline Gecko

Confused How to play on 2 machines behind a router at the same time

Ok, I have a slightly complicated issue here and I'm a bit lost on how to make it work correctly if it will work at all.

First, I have a couple of boxes setup in my office that are connected to a SOHOWare BroadGuard Router. The router is connected on the WAN side to the ethernet connection provided in my office by my landlord. This connection is connected to a switch and router that are then connected to a T1 line.

The landlord's tech has assigned one private IP address to me and it is on my router. I then have the router assigning IPs to my boxes via DHCP.

The problem I have is this........one box can connect to NovaWorld and play with no problem. As soon as we attempt to connect with the other box, the first one gets kicked off (CI.)

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm assuming it's an issue of trying to connect via the same IP address. Any way to get around this?
Old 09-25-2002, 01:11 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Hi there Gecko!

You've rightly identified the problem. But tell me do you get kicked out when you try to join the same server or you host and someone from the one of the boxes try to join? I believe the only way would be to play with individual Port settings of the router. I think only the tech can do that. Here is what I'm talking about.

I personally have SMC router and had the same problem. Played around with Port settings and works like a whistle

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-25-2002, 01:17 AM
Gecko is offline Gecko

It happens when we try to connect to the same NovaWorld server.

I have full control over the SOHOWare router. What port settings did you work with that fixed the problem?
Old 09-25-2002, 01:31 AM

They were called Server IP under Virtual Server. I was also having problem "Talking" on MSN messanger. So killed two birds with one stone

Quote:
Old 10-07-2002, 07:56 PM
lowridese is offline lowridese

more on Virtual Server?

hello, i have a dlink router and am trying to host a land warrior game on one box and play on the other for best performance. I am behind a nat firewall, i read last night that if you play around with the virtual server settings and port settings that you got it to work on novalogic. Ok i tried this and went to the novalogic site and got the port settings needed and i set them up but no luck, anyone else have any suggestions? i set them up to let the both machines have access to that port inbound and outbound.....thanks for any help it would be greatly appreciated.
Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 09:10 PM

Hi there! Welcome to DFHQ.Net!

Are you running just the router or do you have a software firewall also running on wach machine?

Quote:
Old 10-07-2002, 09:14 PM
lowridese is offline lowridese

i am just running the hardware firewall....hopefully i can set it up right...thanks....i thought abling the ports to come in and out on the different ips would work but it didnt..thanks..just wondering how you setup yours...
Old 10-09-2002, 11:00 AM

I went first went to NL's page, like you did, and then to the manufacturer's site to check the port settings. Found a value in between the two settings and played around for day or so.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
hi i have a new 1
log-in to DF:TFD that work out ok,
then try to connect to a game server in novaworld get this goofy thing coming up on me? as follows:
"Statistic service are currently disable,please try again"

what is this all about i try all of them server's in DF:TFD novaworld server are they all gone bad or offline been a whole week now and i am not the only one it doing this to
a lot of people can't get in at all.

man DF:TFD starting really suck, do to a lot of maints & server going down like crazy maybe i get PS2 give up on it all together really getting sick of it all.

P.s DF:LW are good to go all the way no trouble at all ref; novaworlds server for this game area.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-10-2002, 01:40 AM

PROBLEM:
I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into the Novaworld games?

RESOLUTION:
DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers. Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN.

To connect to Novaworld each computer joining MUST have its own distinct IP address. This is the address that your ISP gave you and not the one on the subnet of the router.

If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.

Source: NL

Quote:
Old 10-10-2002, 11:02 PM
ÐÀRK ÅÑGÊL ÇÇËF is offline ÐÀRK ÅÑGÊL ÇÇËF

Send a message via AIM to ÐÀRK ÅÑGÊL ÇÇËF
maybe this might help

i run 3 computers on one cable modem off of a linksys 4 port router

i only have trouble with one getting booted if one of the machines are hosting and the other 2 are joining
all i have to do for hosting is set the(DMZ)host for the computer that is hosting and turn off the (BLOCK WAN REQUEST)

but all 3 can join a nova server with out have trouble
sometimes if the lag is bad one might be kicked out (CI)

my router uses one ip address.
for the 3 computers.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bast**** die for his." -Patton

ÐÀRK ÅÑGÊL ÇÇËF

www.ccefsquad.com
Old 11-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Moobrack01 is offline Moobrack01

Send a message via ICQ to Moobrack01 Send a message via AIM to Moobrack01 Send a message via Yahoo to Moobrack01
I also run three computers on a network, running through a USB network HUB - the main machine has to run a programme called Nat32 to be able to let the other machines access the internet.

I was wondering if there was any way around myself not being able to host games, and also not joining the games hosted by the other computer whcih runs Nat32.

Thankyou
http://www.game-den.co.uk/gds/forum
Old 12-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Apoolyon*FAS* is offline Apoolyon*FAS*

Ive hooked two computers up with a linksys router, one of them i serve and play on...the other one i can play on at the same time...you need to port forward one computer through your router, the settings are 17478. It took a while to figure out but it works, Ive set it up on a friends computer network also. Email me if you need any help
Old 12-22-2002, 03:14 PM
Alistair is offline Alistair

Interestingly enough if Novalogic releases a patch to update their netcoding to utilize DirectX9 its possible without having to port forward to any other computers. Unfortunately they aren't likely to do this as it would be forcing their fans with older operating systems (95, NT4) into upgrading in order to play. The first implementation of this is potentially BHD, but I doubt they'll do as unless they plan on doing some reworking of their netcoding again.