Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 01-10-2002, 03:47 PM
HOLYGHOST*XYZ* is offline HOLYGHOST*XYZ*

DF2 & XP pro

I have installed and fully updated my DF2 (downloaded full update from Novalogic.com) into my Windows XP Professional (Full Install, not upgrade). When I click on the DF2 icon to begin the game, I get the following error:
The procedure entry point netcomm_VoxStopAudio could not be located in the dynamic link library Netcomm.dll.
There is a Netcomm.dll file in my DF2 folder. Is there a fix for this or am I destined to stay with Win98 SE in order to play my DF2????

My system is comprised of:
AMD Athlon 1GHz CPU
Abit KT7A RAID M/B
(3) 40Gig Seagate Barracuda H/D
32MB Nvidia TNT2 Model 64 video card
SoundBlaster Live Value soundcard
256 MB RAM
Lucent V90
48x CDROM
CD Burner
NIC Card
Floppy
Windows XP Professional (Fully Updated)

I have completely reinstalled the game and updated it but still get same prompt as soon as I attempt to start the game and YES I have XP drivers for all of my hardware.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
do u know that 'netcomm_VoxStopAudio ' is

seems its causeing some conflict with df2 (obviously lol). i now a lot of sound cards conflict with stuff, is that what it is?

see if u can update the drivers for ur sound card if thats what it is
Old 01-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

mabee try right clicking on the DF2 exe and select the winME/98 compitability mode

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-14-2002, 04:20 PM

THANKS but......

Thanks for both of your replies, I have tried the compatability mode setting but with no luck Panther, I am using most current XP drivers out for the SoundBlaster Live Value card StevieB so that idea is out but thanks a million for the suggestion though.

I gave up and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again BUT WITHOUT the update to DF2 this time. It works fine, I even went in and beat a few single player campaign maps and a couple single player quick missions too. I am currently running the update AGAIN but this time I am letting NL update it from their update from within the game instead of the FULL UPDATE I downloaded from their support/update site online.

It seems that I only have this error AFTER I run the full update that I got from their site. Hopefully the update within the program will work. I'll keep this thread updated in case anyone else has this problem also.

Holy Ghost*XYZ*
Old 01-15-2002, 12:34 PM

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

I have determined that you cannot update DF2 using the full update file from the NL website support/update area while running XP. After several attempts at installing DF2 and running the update via the fully downloaded update file, I kept getting the error but when I uninstalled and reinstalled then updated from within the DF2 program itself, the error never showed. I tested this theory again on a fresh harddrive and got the exact same results. Apparently the full update changes this Netcomm.dll file in a way that prevents DF2 from running. I hope this helps the next guy trying to install DF2 into his XP.

p.s. - I only ran the full update because 56k dialup on this file takes approx 110 years....(actually like 90 minutes) and I have a DS3 at work with a zip drive and could bring the file home and try to update it.

Peace, cya on the paintball field !!!

Do you play paintball and live in Florida?
SpaceCoast Paintball