Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:24 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

BB this was writen by 1 of your countryman

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan . Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America .

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
< BR>
So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan . Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America .

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
< BR>
So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

So what do you think BB? Your country is the only country that has supported America in every war/ A fact I just learned
Old 12-03-2006, 05:48 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
that is the best essay of words i have read in a long time. on without our corrupt politics it is so true.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Re: BB this was writen by 1 of your countryman

Quote:
Originally posted by KU43

So what do you think BB? Your country is the only country that has supported America in every war/ A fact I just learned
Its awesome piece of writing, but i disagree with the quoted part. I dont know were that fact came from but its not right, there are more country's supporting the US. It shouldnt be counted by sending troops because then you have to make the full list of country's that have send out troops to help out.
Helping someone out is also with materials, or making sure there is a transit harbor / airfield. And the list is way longer with all forms of lending a hand, giving support..

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

The "letter" was probably written some right winged religious fanatic. Easier to quote one confused person than over look the sentiments of masses. FYI UK and Pakistan are integral part of war on terrorism.

Edit: The original letter I mean

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1

Last edited by DevilDog#1; 12-03-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Yeah Australia is something like the only country to by allied with the US in all major military crisis of the 20th Centuary (ww1, ww2, vietnam, korea and gulf war 1)

Although i agree with parts and disagree with parts, theres not much point debating it as the premise is wrong anyway, i wasnt written by an aussie dentist, it was written Law Professor at Mason Univerity in Virginia in a articel titles "What is an american: a primer" (see National Review 25th September 2001)

I wonder if all those people tried to get into the country whether immigration would see it that way hehe
Old 12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

our borders are wide open. just ask the 20 million mexicans already here. and if you need more proof watch a thousand a day hop fences to join their buddys. to add insult to injury in california they ran mexicos flag up a flag pole with an upside down american flag under it. still are elected officals do nothing.
our governor here in arizona gives them drivers license. she dont understand the illegal in illegal alien.we have hospitals shuting down from treating them and none pay their bill. last year my family had two cars totaled by these low lifes. both were hit and runs. they caught one who had his car hiden in his backyard. those lazy pieces of **** phoenix cops turned him loose scott free. to much paper work.if i did my duty to protect this country from enemys both FOREIGN and domestic i would run out of ammo before i reached the end of the block.
if 9/11 was done by terrorist you would think the borders would be the number 1 concern. a few months ago are RINO (REPUBLICAN IN NAME ONLY) john mc caingave a speach to 1,500 illegals witch makes him guilty of aiding and abeding the enemy. some are caught, some arn't mexicans. they are from iran or syria with forged papers from chavase (spelled wrong) but you wont hear that from are american hating media. i live less than 20 miles from the biggest nuclear plant in the u.s. but as i've said our elected officals dont give a rats ass.
we have fema setting up stockades in every major city. they will also use all the new schools. they are all being built like prisons. we are told it's to keep people out but that can work both ways. 9/11 has been used to steal our rights, and invade two countrys. home land security is a bad joke. under our new laws a jay walker can be clasafide as a terrorist and can be jailed as long as our government sees fit and denied the rights of trial. 9/11 was a sucker punch to the people of america by tyrants. and i dought they were from the middle east
Old 12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Hey KU how you been? Taking a vacation bud?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

KU, is it just me, or is every damn post you make a political bashing post?
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

I agree with some parts and disagree with others. There's a big flaw in what he wrote and somewhat a paradoxial like statement. And it seems as if plenty of countries are forgotten in the war on terrorists (I say terrorists as terrorism is inpossible to fight). But thats how the world is made up, the small wheels are not seen, only the bigger wheels!

My photography website