Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Sigurd ACP release date

Quote:
We are pleased to announce the release date for Sigurd Anticheat will be on Monday October 22nd- 12AM GMT UK TIME (6PM Central US Time)

Further announcements may follow this one or be posted on the Sigurd forums.

http://www.sigurd-project.com/forum/...ic,1176.0.html
Let's hope it turns out awesome and brings a bit of hope to BHD.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

all seems fishy to me releasing something like this when BHD is on death row...

if it works, gr8, but ill let others test it b4 i get it
Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Its been in the works since before Argus went bye bye. they actualy tried getting Argus developers to assist in Sigurd but without any real response.

I just wish they included support for other games than BHD like shi1ey PunkBuster does.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
PunkBuster is not a free service, novalogic, inc drop them like dead.

but for ACP free tool is great ether way to fight low lifers
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
lol - be interesting to see how it works. With what those "low lifers" can do these days they probably will get around it with in days - if not sooner...

No program will replace an admin who is properly doing their job
Old 10-20-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
lol - be interesting to see how it works. With what those "low lifers" can do these days they probably will get around it with in days - if not sooner...

No program will replace an admin who is properly doing their job
Agreed. Humans will always outsmart the computers - well, for now I guess, lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Programs* I mean - not PCs!

Chris
Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Oh i outsmart my PC everyday, bloody thing is always second guessing me with "Are you sure..." and i need to tell it where to put things!

Nova gave Punkbuster very little support, Argus NONE, and Sigurd NONE. If Sigurd devlopers collected chams and other cheats and found out how they work then making Sigurd to look for those tell tale signs then it could possibly work quite well for some time.

Lets hope for the best and hope they soon support other games.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
supposily Sigurd has been cracked 2 hours after it got out lol

Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
yep.

And if you still choose to install it, pay close attention to the EULA for sigurd - Your trusting every file on your hard drive and in ram to them.

I personally am not going to run it.

IcI
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
BB

ah isnt that handy... having access to ur pc files hmm.. knew there wud b catches

all for nothing by the looks of it
Old 10-22-2007, 12:51 PM

That's probably exactly why Nova don't release game updates to fix cheats. Because people are still gonna make bypasses for the fixes, and there are gonna be more and more cheats eventually - so they like to ban cheaters on the spot alternatively.

Personally, if I were Nova, I would have at least given anti-cheat program developers some support...

Chris
Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM
ESRIDER is offline ESRIDER

================================================== ===========================

PLEASE READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA") BEFORE USING THISSOFTWARE. BY USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMSOF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PROMPTLY CEASE ALLFURTHER INSTALLATION OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE.

BY INSTALLING, ENABLING AND/OR USING SIGURD SOFTWARE, THE LICENSEE ISCONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF
LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, ACCEPTANCEMUST NOT BE SPECIFIED BELOW AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE
SOFTWARE.

The terms of this EULA shall apply to all versions, editions, and futureupdates of Sigurd software and constitutes a legal agreement between you andThe Sigurd Project.

THE SIGURD PROJECT RESERVES ALL RIGHTS NOT SPECIFICALLY GRANTED HEREIN.
Licensor grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to useSigurd software only for non-commercial entertainment purposes. Licensee maynot disassemble, decompile, redistribute (in any form), create derivativeworks of, or modify Sigurd software in any way. Licensor reserves the rightto terminate the license at any time and for any reason or no reason at all,
and without notice to licensee. Additionally, upon breach of any term of thisagreement, the license granted under this agreement shall automaticallyterminate without any additional notice to licensee.

Upon termination of the license, licensee shall destroy all copies of Sigurdsoftware in the licensee’s possession. Licensee acknowledges that Sigurdsoftware is optional and is not a requirement in any respect for using orenjoying games that integrate Sigurd software technology. Licensee alsoacknowledges and agrees that Sigurd software is self-updating, which meansthat future updates will download and install occasionally, automatically andwithout any notice as a normal and expected function of Sigurd software.

Licensee further acknowledges and accepts that Sigurd software may beconsidered invasive. Licensee understands that Sigurd software inspects andreports information about the computer on which it is installed to otherconnected computers and licensee agrees to allow Sigurd software to inspectand report such information about the computer on which licensee installsSigurd software. Licensee understands and agrees that the information thatmay be inspected and reported by Sigurd software includes, but is not limitedto, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of thecomputer on which Sigurd software is installed.

Furthermore, licensee consents to allow Sigurd software to transfer actualscreenshots captured from licensee’s computer during the operation of Sigurdsoftware for possible publication. Licensee understands that the purpose andgoal of Sigurd is to ensure a cheat-free environment for all participants inonline games. Licensee agrees that the invasive nature of Sigurd software isnecessary to meet this purpose and goal.

Licensee agrees that any harm or lack of privacy resulting from theinstallation and use of Sigurd software is not as valuable to licensee as thepotential ability to play interactive online games with the benefits affordedby using Sigurd software. Occasionally Sigurd may collect information from

your computer system. This information may include, but is not limited too:
Process information, and/or ISP connection information. By installing Sigurdonto your computer and/or running it you agree to let this happen. Sigurdcannot and will not be held responsible for any damages arising from usingits software.

SIGURD SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KINDINCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT IT IS FREE OFDEFECTS, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT IT IS MERCHANTABLE. LICENSORDOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF SIGURD SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED
OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT WILL MEET LICENSEE'S SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS ORDESIRES. LICENSEE AGREES THAT NEITHER SIGURD, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS,
SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, ORSUCCESSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER INVOLVING Sigurd SOFTWAREIN ANY WAY. FURTHERMORE, SHOULD ANY VERSION OF SIGURD SOFTWARE INCLUDINGFUTURE VERSIONS PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY WAY, LICENSEE ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST,
IF ANY, OF LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY TYPE AND TO ANY DEGREE.

THIS DISCLAIMER SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THE LICENSE OF SIGURD SOFTWARE
BY LICENSEE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE LICENSE IS TERMINATED BY SIGURDPROJECT OR LICENSEE.

This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Licensor and Licenseeand supercedes any prior statements, whether written or oral.

you best read it before you start complaining cuzz they cant be sued,u agree to send them all info on ur pc
Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
other word gave them have all right to look over everything in your system, they don't limited on what they will not scan or check for.
Quote:
means that future updates will download and install occasionally, automatically and without any notice as a normal and expected function of Sigurd software.
this only part i don't care for there should be a notice do you wish to update at this time or later! not like it be done behind your back files get install into your system without your ok you have to keep in mind it your software but it their hardware it being install into. could mean fine many have in the pass had to go to court on it, get around it they let the end user select to install updates when they come up.

there are option for this
1.) end user open the game to startup, Sigurd would check if there any new update if there is will give the end user notice of any updates release.
2.) Sigurd starts up and the end user have a option to check for update that may have been release.

bad thing installing files or update behind end user back is a bad thing a lot of adware software do thing and we all know how people feel about files getting install without end user ok to install or download these added new files.

don't have tobe a listing what file only a notice there are newer version release do you wish to download and install at this time.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-09-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 PM

very fine point
Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 PM

This is actually pretty common.

Argus was the same way with the autoupdates I believe, and from what I understand this EULA is pretty much the same as punkbuster's
Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 AM

well i just think them knowing and seeing all documents all ur pics and any thing on ur hard drive is a bit overboard this is just a game ,is it worth giving up ur privacy,and if it is then so be it for you or whoever,im not saying dont download im just saying that since u read the eula you cant cry later when a down on his siguard employee decides to still ur identity and sells it for a 100 bucks,cuzz with them having this info it will happen someday.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:51 AM
BB

he has a good point.. and tbh i found it fishy how they spent so much time making an anti cheat program for a game thats, well dead.

its sh.t anyway.. was cracked before the release day was over
Old 11-10-2007, 10:09 AM

I agree with both of you... I'm not using it lol.

For me the EULA with punkbuster would be more acceptable because it is run by a company, not a bunch of gamers.

And it was cracked with in 30 min of it coming out

I don't see why they need to scan every file on the drive - seems to me they should just limit it to the BHD folder, running process list, and the folder for any of the processes that look suspicious.

What makes BHD dead?

- There is 5 pages of servers (with the big list selected)
- Over 1000 players still playing

- My server along averages 25-30 people in it every night, others are still getting up in the 40's

- BHD squads are forming every day (wether or not they stay formed, don't know)

Seems pretty alive to me.

My only complaint with BHD is that the current generation of players complain to much and are too quick to assume some one is cheating
Old 11-10-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
I agree with both of you... I'm not using it lol.

For me the EULA with punkbuster would be more acceptable because it is run by a company, not a bunch of gamers.

And it was cracked with in 30 min of it coming out

I don't see why they need to scan every file on the drive - seems to me they should just limit it to the BHD folder, running process list, and the folder for any of the processes that look suspicious.

What makes BHD dead?

- There is 5 pages of servers (with the big list selected)
- Over 1000 players still playing

- My server along averages 25-30 people in it every night, others are still getting up in the 40's

- BHD squads are forming every day (wether or not they stay formed, don't know)

Seems pretty alive to me.

My only complaint with BHD is that the current generation of players complain to much and are too quick to assume some one is cheating
Yes I agree with ya, totally.

You see, Nova's actually right for once - that's exactly why they ban cheaters on the spot when seen cheating rather than using anti-cheat utilities.

Humans are better detectors than programs - live with it (lol but you could always have both).

Chris