Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:11 PM
BMB is offline BMB

BHD Full version" Hosting problems ????

Been hosting and testing the full version since release , and there has been some problems with the game so far that i can't explain why its doing it.

The first problem that i encountered was when hosting a dedicated server hosting "TDM" and playing on another pc hooked to the same network.After playing and hosting for quite some time without minimal problems , i decided i needed a break when i came back the server had locked up and wasn't hosting anymore ??

Now this happened twice each time after i left the server from my other pc that i came back to find that the server stopped . The other problem that i encountered was dial-up players were being punted out automatically when their ping was to high.The first time that one of my friends was auto punted on a dial-up connection we were the only two people in the server and it was after i shot him that he couldn't respawn and then was punted.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what can be changed with the game settings ??? Or is this a bug that we have to wait until Nova decides that there needs to be an update ??

I was hosting 16 players on a dedicated server , and i should be able to with the cable connection that i have here's the results of a recent test that i did on my connection

2003-03-24 22:53:30 EST: 1027 / 449
Your download speed : 1027306 bps, or 1027 kbps.
A 125.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 449185 bps, or 449 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Check your screen saver settings make sure you havent got a screen saver kicking inn as this will happen if you leave the computer for a lenth of time - That might be the reason for the server lockup.
If I think of anything else you could check ill edit this post.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
yea it will take over.

best bet is disable the screen saver select "none"
i have play game gone away screen lockup.

same gose for my DVD/Tv-card too screensave kick-in lockup or screen gose all-black also.

i have a web-cam it take over my tv-card so now days i don't use it at all. lol

that big screen you have for you PC have the greatist button of all time call a power button turn it off leave the screensaver to none.home user really don't need it,use the mightie power button on your montor
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-26-2003 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:07 AM
BMB is offline BMB

Sad

Still another test gone bad when i hosted a dedicated server hosting TDM , I played until it was time to call it a night and when i left the server it was pretty much full with players.Now i did edit the file thats in the game directory thats called
dfv.cfg with notepad people were saying that you can edit the file with in that folder that controls the ping that may punt people when their pings are to high. But thats the only thing that i recently changed last when testing , I'm going to try and host TKOTH to see if theres any problems with that .I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with one of the maps and when it rotates thats when i get this "SYSDUMP".Now i did already have my screen saver off and thanks for the suggestion but it wasn't that at all , I'm hoping that theres someone else that may have this problem thats already solved it ???? that they can post their solution to my problem

Is there anyone out there thats hosting a full time dedicated server thats had no problems ???

Thats the end result of what i want to obtain is to be able to host a 24/7 dedicated server
Old 03-29-2003, 09:15 AM
Frontrunner=WoM is offline Frontrunner=WoM

Send a message via ICQ to Frontrunner=WoM
Im having the same problem. The server runs fine for a long time. Then it just gets a sytem dump out of the blue. Im running a 24/7 server as well. Somtimes it lockes my computer up to the point i have to re-boot.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
support@novalogic.com
Subject: help hosting not working good

in the e-mail tell them what is happing when you host Maybe they can fix it.

and any other items you having trouble with.

P.s include your system
1.) Video-card.
2.) windows System or mac if using.

they may e-mail a reply back ask for more info
give them 1-2 weeks to reply.
most of the time they reply in 1-week.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-29-2003, 01:46 PM
BMB is offline BMB

Already emailed them the details to my problems , and also asked them if theres something within the game settings that i could change that would make things better.But i see there's already a new update and i tried out hosting overnight with the new update , now the server didn't crash and nothing happened.But the only thing it wasn't tested out with a full server "16players" for a period of time .So hopefully tonight when i get home from work and try it again with the server full of peeps it won't crash .

If any of you read this message and want to test my server out my server name is "BringMoreBullets" it's a dedicated server running on a very fast cable connection .

And when i do receive a reply to my email from "NOLOGIC" i will post the reply here for you all to read
Old 03-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Freak =SOS= is offline Freak =SOS=

Are you guys running the patch? Our server was doing the same thing, patched it, now we are not having any sysdumps. On the ping rate punt open dfv.cfg in the BHD directory and look for a line called "maxping = 1500", you may try and change that but be sure to back up that fule before you do. I am nit sure what that does but looks like it discounts anyone with a real high ping. Lots of other gems in there too like fatbullets, and oneshotonekilll.