Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:11 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Uplink (PC)

Uplink is a unique game that started a genre, uplink is a game about hacking, yes in Uplink you are a hacker in true hollywood style. Working for the Uplink Corporation in 2010 you take on jobs for money, simple jobs are like copying and deleting files from a rival company or the like. As you become more proficent with your hacking skills you are able to take on more and more jobs, and as such you will need to spend you hard earned money on upgrading your hardware and software so you can hack in and give yourself a masters degree in information technology systems, or make an enemy bankrupt or yourself rich.

The game wont make full use of your 9800 pro, but who needs graphics when you have to try to delete access logs while at the same time trying to disbale the proxy by increasing the amount of the CPU dedicated to it, so you can get in and shut down the mainframe, all while they are tracing you? Oh and if your caught, you will be imprisoned and there is no way where you can go back to a previous save, you have to start all over again...

This game is addictive, once you start playing you will feel the rush as you only have 10 seconds to delete the file before your caught, the satisfaction felt when you shut down a bank mainframe is well, exhilerating. 5 firends of mine have gotton Uplink because i showed them 15 minutes of it at a party.

The uplink GUI is skinnable, so if blue is not your thing, you can download many other GUIs of the Uplink fansites.

I got uplink years ago, and its still my favourite game after all this time. I highly recomend it to anyone.

Uplinks official homepage - www.uplink.co.uk
A demo of uplink can be downloaded at http://www.uplink.co.uk/demo.html