Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Win Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headsets!

The extremely nice people over at Icemat.com have kindly offered us TWO sets of Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headsets to give away to our lucky members.

Information about the headphones can be found > HERE <

Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset consists of in-ear earphones and a unidirectional microphone.

The headset is specifically designed for a multitude of uses including MP3-players, laptops, the Sony PSP and other consoles (sound isolation allows for low volume settings) as well as IP-telephony (separate microphone).

So how can you bag yourself one of these nice prizes? After much deliberaton we decided that we would give you two very easy chances of being successful.

Chance #1

Simply reply to this thread stating why you should win an Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset. Easy huh?

Make us feel sorry for you or make us laugh to get noticed. Maybe you have NHQ tatooed on your chest, that will surely get some bonus points

You must have more than 50 posts on the forum to have a valid entry.

You have until the end of Sunday 12 November 2006 to submit your post.

NHQ admin will decide the winner, and our decision is final.

Chance #2

We thought we would give the hard working mappers out there an extra chance to win.

All map makers who submit a map to the site from today (including the creators of the maps approved today) until the end of Sunday 12 Novemeber 2006 will be eligible to win an Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset.

One map maker will be chosen at random to win and will be the owner of a brand new Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset.

Best of luck to all

Thanks once again to http://www.icemat.com/

Last edited by Steve; 10-30-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

well i will throw my hat in, plus its my birthday nov 7, and ill be 17!

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

well..

My mic dosnt work anymore, the headphones on it are very pooooooor quality, and I have to tape the microphone arm in place to talk right. Many times my mates on vent say they cant tell me from a guy or a girl.. lol
Old 10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Firstly, believe it or not, I get nothing for Christmas or my birthday, or any other special occasions.
No fireworks, no prostitutes, nothing.

Secondly, I sit on this PC everyday... thinking WTF am I here?!

Thirdly, same old games, same old sites, same old crap...

Foruthly, I don't have a high spec PC like the other 95% of yous... I just put up with heaps of crap at school today, and my ''girl'' is turning into a sl*t Imao... after reasonable amounts of me and my friend flirting after school!

Fifthly, I go back home, only to realize what the hell am I doing?

Sixthly, I don't have headphones. I'd love to have one. That way I can get the sounds in my ears and make what's around me ''realer''.

Seventhly, I try and do a lot of hard work to get me busy like doing maps for BHD and participating in projects such as the BHD Wiki, etc.

And lastly, I feel like a speck of dirt sometimes...

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Lol, i have a dell, and my headphones just broke totally, the wires got pulled out :S!!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
every now and then, i get on teamspeak, or my xbox, and send voice messages to other people, i replay my voice message to myself thinking, hey i sound like a douche. i dont sound as cool as other people on microphones, but no matter how many times i try to resay my message trying not to make a loser of myself, i just have to give up, my poor win95 mic (for teamspeak), and my one peice cheapo xbox headset make me sound like a ******, and im not very happy with myself. My SOCOM headset from my ps2 is kinda messed up (from what ppl tell me on teamspeak) and that i sound sorta like a robot. not only that but i have a sound problem with the mics i have, i tinker for hours trying to make my voice loud enough to be heard in the first place, and when i do talk loud enough to break through the threshold, thats when i sound like a real douchebag, i cant use the mic i got. i think other people hate me online, im a loser. i cant help but to think what other people's lives are like with their supertastic puters, and their cooltacular headsets. im 14 and never dated, my only gf is my hand and i cant help but to think that its gonna be the only thing that i can ever penetrate for a long time. heck, most of all i wanna focus on making my voice heard well, and with clarity, most of all, not sound like a douche.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready

Last edited by Steve; 11-01-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:56 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Mstenger404
i cant help but to think what other people's lives are like with their supertastic puters, and their cooltacular headsets. im 14 and never dated, my only gf is my hand and i cant help but to think that its gonna be the only thing that i can ever penetrate for a long time. heck, most of all i wanna focus on making my voice heard well, and with clarity, most of all, not sound like a douche.

wow we have a winner lol, my life isnt as bad as you guys make yours sound

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

well, where will i begin?

bout a year ago i forgot to take the headset off my head (we all do it dont we??.. lol) but it was the last time that 1 of the cables was going to hold on, now ive got a dodgey headset that has a loose wire, so if i move my head too much it disconnects and reconnects from the pc, causing any application that uses sound to crash (pain in the fookin arse tbh..)

its been sellotaped, glued and a few other things.., i dont have the money to get a new 1, and definatly wont 4 the next oh, say 2 years.. (sum of u kno y)

so.. theres my post.. please rid me of these b...tard headphones
Old 11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
HellBoy is offline HellBoy

Send a message via ICQ to HellBoy
Honestly I should win the headset. I have a host of reasons but here is the primary one.

Two nights ago my sister in law visited and was in the kitchen with my wife. They were sharing a cup of coffee while I was in a server gaming. I was also on Ventrilo. This is hard enough due to desktop speakers replaying what I say on my desktop microphone.

Unbeknownst to me, my two years old niece ahd come into the room behind me as I tore into a few players online. I was doing my usual trash talk and received a reply from a friend of mine in response to a very lucky headshot.

He replied "Hey Douche Canoe! Turn off your aimbot" I inquired as to this canoe type I had not yet heard of. He politely explained that a Douche Canoe was a larger industrial size version of douchebag.

Moments later I recieved a plastic cup off of the top of my head (thrown at full speed I might add). I turned to inquire why and was met with a verbal barrage from both the wife and her sister. Something about my darling little niece asking mommy what a "Douche Canoe" was. Hehe.

If I don't get these headphones my gaming career could be in dire straights. Help Me Nova-HQ!

Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i can't wait to get one of them soon i can hear much better of other girls talking hot to me online with. blow my mind steve j/k

sorry i'll pass on them type, not one who care for ear plug head sets they seem to make me feel a lot of heat in my ear's. they do look great by the way.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-01-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
dunny_uk is offline dunny_uk

im uploading maps as we speak....
cud do with a new set cos mine cost me 7quid and ive had em about 3 years looooooool...
Old 11-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
Many times my mates on vent say they cant tell me from a guy or a girl.. lol
that sounds like a personal problem..i dont think we can help u with that

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
lol some intresting reasons on here good luck all

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Stephen; 11-09-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
Firstly, believe it or not, I get nothing for Christmas or my birthday, or any other special occasions.
No fireworks, no prostitutes, nothing.

Secondly, I sit on this PC everyday... thinking WTF am I here?!

Thirdly, same old games, same old sites, same old crap...

Foruthly, I don't have a high spec PC like the other 95% of yous... I just put up with heaps of crap at school today, and my ''girl'' is turning into a sl*t Imao... after reasonable amounts of me and my friend flirting after school!

Fifthly, I go back home, only to realize what the hell am I doing?

Sixthly, I don't have headphones. I'd love to have one. That way I can get the sounds in my ears and make what's around me ''realer''.

Seventhly, I try and do a lot of hard work to get me busy like doing maps for BHD and participating in projects such as the BHD Wiki, etc.

And lastly, I feel like a speck of dirt sometimes...

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
chris ur too young to be depressed...oh and ill save u the suprise..girls suck. lol

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 11-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
I lost everything in a serious earthquake, and then once I got dis-owned from trojan and some other members of novahq for being a democrat.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Rampage.
I lost everything in a

1.) serious earthquake, and

2.) then once I got dis-owned from trojan and

3.) some other members of novahq for being a democrat.
1.) sorry to hear that
2.) Troy will always still be there for you call him up you see.
3.) if some members don't like you becuase your a democrat they need to go outside and **** out some big crap loads onto the lawn then, better let them go do you no good have them around you.

Chief ADFP (R)

i still like you and will do anything for you if i could.

i love you man i really really do! j/k

good luck getting the headset by the way lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Perry is offline Perry
Banned.

Its my birthday on the 13th November.. be nice
Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

I should get one because I never win anything and im really depressed and worthless, I think of suicide everyday.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Perry is offline Perry
Banned.

Quote:
Originally posted by .ex.
I should get one because I never win anything and im really depressed and worthless, I think of suicide everyday.
Don't give to him, if he commits suicide then someone in real need will miss out
Old 11-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
now these posts are starting to get sad don't post unless u are serious.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis