Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Need Help with a Map for the Z Value?

Ok like i said once before DFXtreme editor sucks i never had this much trouble using BHD's. When i go to set the z value fore the concrete center pieces as flooring up in the sky which i could do on BHD easily well here on DFXtreme its wantin to be a pain in the butt and not put them all to what i set it to i put it at 30 and they all wont go up to 30 but it says its up at 30 on its info for the other pieces!!!!!

Ive tryed absolute value and it wont even work! Im beginning to wonder if it wont let it do it on DFXtreme if so that sucks and we need a better editor!

It would help alot like i said if i could find out someone who loves making terrains and could get them to make one for us mappers cause this is annoying trying to get the dang editor to work right!

If you know anyone at all who makes terrains for fun and likes it let me know so i can do what no one else will and go ask them to make a DF Xtreme flat terrain!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg maphelphg.jpg (19.2 KB, 61 views)

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 08-20-2005, 09:43 AM
douwe_jr is offline douwe_jr

have you tryd to use the shift+up or down in the 3d screen???

i always put 2 or more pieces on the map then select them and click 3d wireframe.

then you have to select one of them with the [ key or the ] key. (both next to the (P). then press SHIFT and up or down to bring the pieces to the same level. you can move them left or right with the normal arrow keys. or CTRL+up,down,left,or right.

so the first piece`s Z value is 30 and the second will become a view more or less.

you have to work more on the maps i had the same prob with the tunnels but when i lined them up as shown above this was no longer a problem.

this med doesn`t line the pieces up automaticly.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i'd give the absolute value box another try. i dont see why it wouldn't work, no one has mentioned it as a bug before afaik :/
Old 08-20-2005, 10:02 AM

yeah it should work.

i did it and allot of other people did it too.
sometimes it costs you a bit of your time.
i was building the last night till 6 in the morning.

mapping takes allot of your time if you want it to be perfect with the voices and stuff.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

agreed, but worth it!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:05 AM

steve could you help me out????
Old 08-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

with what? :O
Old 08-20-2005, 10:17 AM

with the mission var in the wac
Old 08-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Yea like i was just saying first time its acted like this for me on absoulute value but ill eventually figure out whats wrong but anyways thanx guys and yes i have tryed shift up and stuff i use it all the time but when u set it to 30 all pieces that were selected should go it might work now may of just been the editor screwing up i guarantee if i do it this time it may work!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Eagle_Eye is offline Eagle_Eye
Old Timer...

I found the Med the same to use as the BHD med, with the exception of the added "roll" feature...(and the relocation of some of the keyboard shortcuts)

I took a look at your attached pic, so I put 4 slabs onto an uneven terrain..along with a start marker..

I clicked on the first one, and using the edit item attributes, I changed the z to 30..

I then ticked the absolute height box, and the heights where converted to absolute..which is the height from the actual base of the map..unlike the normal z, which is the height from the ground level..

Now, I have the height of the first piece, I copy the values into the the next piece, and so on..

Now, if you select them all, and use the 3d wire frame, they should all be the exact same height..you may need to rotate the view using the keys on the numeric key pad to see them lined up..

I don't usually set heights this way, I usually just use the 3d wire frame and the height keys..

You can also use the "Lock" as well..

get one piece to the right height, then edit item attributes, and tick "Lock", this locks the height no matter where you move the item, then, copy the slab, (from the pull down menu) use the Snap feature on a 32 m grid, and paste the new slab next to the old one..

EE

Old 08-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Yea i know all that and appreciate your comment the Shortcut keys is what irritates me there different some!!! I tryed all that before and i think i know why it wouldnt set to 30 sometimes my MED will mess up if im running up so many resources on my computer like i have 10 things running at once like a TeamSpeak sometimes my Editor will do weird things and when i turn it off the MED works fine it does that because of when ppl try to talk to you and your making a map it might mess you up!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 08-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Eagle_Eye is offline Eagle_Eye
Old Timer...

Yeah, the Med is Ram Hungry, and will consume all it can..If your running Win XP, use the ALT-CRLT-DEL to bring up task manager..if your running more than about 30 tasks, (bottom status bar), with 512 meg of ram then your gonna have trouble..you'll need to shut some down while you use the Med..but, you probably know this already...

EE