Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2003, 07:08 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

Smile The Truth About LAG

I have played this game with 3 different typs of internet connections. I have played on cable, DSL, and AOL. I have experienced the effects of lag from both sides...as a lagger and also as a non lagger. This is what I have experienced:

When I have lag it does not help me to stay alive at all. On the contrary, my lag causes my death as I shoot at shadows. I shoot where the enemy was, not where they are now. As a result they kill me with the greatest of ease.

When I play with a high speed connection my kill rate increases 500%. Once my lag is gone, I shoot where they are and they die where I shot them. I have also noticed that when I fight someone who has lag, they tend to not even be looking in my direction when I kill them. They are always looking at the spot I just moved away from.

Have you ever noticed that people will always complain when they die because of lag, yet they refuse to accept that they can kill because of lag. When lag is working in their favor, people tend to forget it exists. If you have ever shot someone who didnt die...is it so hard to believe that someone else may have shot you and you didn't die?

The very mention of the word skill in a conversation about this game makes me laugh...because the conditions are so unbalanced that it is impossible to judge skill. It may not make your ego feel good to hear this, but accept it. You are not as good as you think you are. You just have a better internet connection.