Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-13-2002, 03:18 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused New Update Problems!

Hi all,

I recently posted a question about an update for Land Warrior and Stevieb managed to help me with it but, I have attempted to get the very latest update and after installing it found I had the same problem as before. I can only get LAN/IPX games and cannot log into Nova's servers?

I'm not being deliberately obtuse but I wondered if anyone has any advice as to what I can do? I did down load the update from DF-HQ.net and still ended up with only LAN/IPX games?

Any suggestions or help please?

THX
BADDOG

ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 12-13-2002, 07:41 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
using the no cd?
Old 12-13-2002, 10:06 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused Re:Update.

Hi StevieB

Yes I am using the no CD, does this affect anything?

THX

BADDOG
ENGLAND
Old 12-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Skinbag is offline Skinbag

Send a message via ICQ to Skinbag Send a message via AIM to Skinbag Send a message via Yahoo to Skinbag
LOADS of probs with new patch, espically if u use the cheat blocker from df favs.

even if u uninstall the cheat blocker and the download patch and then no -cd, the u got errors comng from everywhere.

so got to reinstall dflw. which is hard since i dont acrtually own a cd . bugger. theirs alot of errors tho.

Not even Luke Skywalker can beat me !!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

try using the cd and re update, then see if u have errors
Old 12-13-2002, 02:06 PM
CharlieD=WM= is offline CharlieD=WM=

Send a message via ICQ to CharlieD=WM= Send a message via AIM to CharlieD=WM=
I haven't updated quite yet. I'm waiting for some more servers to move up.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:19 PM
DeadBoltdf2 is offline DeadBoltdf2

Send a message via ICQ to DeadBoltdf2
You can save yourself some hassles by updating the CB prior to updating the game.

But to be clear, the update seems to have it's own problems beyond the older CB.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:33 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool Re: Update.

Hi all,

Well I've taken Stevieb's advice and I can now get into all the games. I still have to use the CD but that's no real problem. What I'm wondering now is, will I have any problems if I down load the no CD patch and install that? Maybe I'll just use the CD.

Thx for the advice again Stevie!

BADDOG

ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 12-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

get the no-cd, put it on ur desktop, rename it to dflw_42.exe or something and stick it in the dflw folder - make a new shortcut to that if u need it. this way u can test it but not have to reinstall to fix it if it goes wrong
Old 12-16-2002, 04:52 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
I have tried everythign I see people suggesting to fix the sys dumps after updating, with no solution. I keep getting sys dumps. I have un installed, deleted the nova folder, re installed, updated to .37, disabled the video, updated to .42 and still get sys dumps. I reverted back to .37 and am going to stay there, as is most of my squad until Nova dis somethign about this. It seems like its not XP compatable or something as all the people I have read about use XP. Maybe Stevie or Panther can talk to Marcus Beer and see if Nova plans on another update to solve this problem. Would be nice if they did.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 12-18-2002, 07:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek RE:Update again!!!!

Hi all,

I see from MRB50 and others that this update has caused more than a few problems. For me, yet again I have another problem. I have attempted to log onto Nova world 10 times this morning without any success what so ever! Everything was working fine yesterday but now I get this problem? All this started with this new update, prior to that I had no problems at all. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot log onto Nova world?

I tried StevieB's advice with the no CD patch but I find it better just to use the disc for now. This update seems to be messing everyone around!!!!

Thx all

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 12-18-2002, 10:22 AM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
I wasn't even using hte no-cd patch and I had all the problems. Until Nova updates their update, I'm sticking to .37 or not even playing at all, sadly enough.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 12-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
MrB50
you can manul download the new update then instill it in to dflw.exe update it to .42

keep in mind like DF:TFD some time the no-Cd patch will not load up into NovaWorld servers maybe soon DF:LW be same.you get stats are disable b/s and it stop there this is the No-Cd patch has been blocked by Novalogic

you can get system dump by skin mode/bad maps/ect other item not stander DF:LW mostly the dflw.pff if it been change anyway you can get it too.
as for terrain nope only if you have a map that the terrain has not been added to the terrain.Pff file you can get like hight so on too system dump best think what have you added to it last time you use it.
sample df2dflw.zip can do this the skin mode of it in this case best backup the normal one swatch them back & forth as you play with skin or without skin (dflw.pff)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-18-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:14 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cry Update Blues!

Hello Guys,

Well this update has been a real pain in the ass for me! I've managed just once to log into Nova Stat Maps and now all I'm getting, after 10 attempts to log in is a white screen with the message, "This page cannot be displayed"! Is there anyway I can revert to the earlier version with out this bloody update? I'm sorry to harp on about this but it really is annoying to have these problems when I had none at all before!

Any suggestions anyone at all?

Thx
BADDOG

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 12-22-2002, 06:18 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
I think you can just de-update, download 1.00.37 patch and do all that, it will down grade it I think.

I dont seem to have any troubles with it - but I know that the guys who went to our annual LAN had troubles, so they all went down to 1.00.37.

Also the stupid thing is if you use the NO CD Patch, you can use Double AT4 again! Thus almost making the update null and void! I dont use the No cd anymore as I consider it a cheat.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:03 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused RE Update.

Hi Ice Cannon!

Thanks for the information about this update. Can you tell me where I can down load the earlier version 1.00.37? I can only seem to get this current update and after I've installed it I cannot log onto any on-line games? I have taken every ones advice and tried everything recommended but after removing all traces of Land Warrior from my system I am still unable to procedd further than the logging in page, then I get the looking fo account page and then nothing? I've double checked that everything else is ok and the bonly problem I have is, the inability to actually get into the Stat maps or public games. I can host a game but not go into anyone else's?

I've now un-installed Land Warrior and re-installed it 8 times and I'm no further forward! Again any additonal advice would be appreciated.

Thx
BADDOG

ENGLAND.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:58 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok you can do this for system dump clear the folder "cache"
inside DF:LW empty it out if you have more then 1 or 2 files in it.sometimes i can't get in tto novaworld server do to too many items in this folder got told by novalogic to empty it out
it work i was able to get in.(it will loadup new files into it)

only if you get a blue screen saying the page you are try to open is not there.

it dose work.

if you are using DF Favorites check it out info you may need to know about http://dffavs.dfbarracks.com/faq/faq.php
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-25-2002, 05:19 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cry Bloody Update!!!!

Hi all

First off let me say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all DF-HQ members!

Now about this bloody stupid update!!!! I have tried every suggestion that fellow gamers have so kindly made to me but, no go!!!! I have had to un-install LW altogether from my PC and am at my wits end as to what to do next!!!!

The last time I re-installed LW I was back to LAN/IPX? I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass but I really love LW and really enjoy playing on it so, is there anything else I can try to sort out this really annoying problem?

At the moment I cannot get into any game at all and what I would like to know is can I download the earlier version with out his stupid update?

Anyone at all please HELP!!!!

Thx and once again MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

BADDOG

ENGLAND!
Old 12-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...tion=df&fid=47

theres where you can get 1.00.37
Old 12-26-2002, 06:39 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool Re: Update.

Hi Ice Cannon!

Well that link you sent me worked! I have the old version back so thanks a lot for that bud and I owe you a beer!

However, this morning everytime I've tried to log into a game I've had the following message appear on a white screen:

"this page cannot be displayed"

"an error occured whilst trying to open this page"

and finally:

"retry selected link" which does not work, I.E. I get the same message appearing.

So any ideas on hnow I can get around this problem ICE or anyone please?

If i try to by pass the log in I click on on "bypass log in and og straight to public and password game" and nothing happens! Has anyone any idea why please?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass about this but I cannot seem to get this sorted out!

Thx again Ice and everyone else who has given me tips and suggestions.

BADDOG

ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"