Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Hydrogen

With gas hitting $4.00 a gallon and I am throwing a new engine in my 74 4WD Chevy truck I'm adding a hydrogen cell. It's the only way I'll be able to afford to drive it. And I gots to have my 4WD. I have watched all that Youtube had to offer but if anyone might have more info I'm all ears.

It sucks when a few tree humpers can buy out the government of a country that is setting on some of the biggest oil reserves in the world. It realy sucks watching Cuba and now China drilling off the Florida Coast as our democrats still say no to any drilling.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
Even with us controlling a lot of oil prices will never go down, it's just the companies, I really could care less where our government let's us drill and not drill because it won't make a difference.

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
all about them (US-Government heads) filling thier own pockets$$$$ you can bit they ok for China and other to drill off the Florida Coast as long they get kick backs from it.

you can bit they said no to drilling Florida Coast line for a reason! they already have something in the work and they will be getting kick backs for it. thats why they said no
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I was reading about Honda's new feul cell car.

They said that you could produce your own hydrogen from your house's natural gas lines and still use the natural gas to heat the home and it would still be more economic than just having natural gas powered furnaces.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:23 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

When younger I made hydrogen with a lye solution and pieces of aluminum. I would do something like the balloons and tin foil but would
substitute the tin foil with a fuse.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:50 PM
"ath-hole"

You can do it with water. Electrolysis or soemthing like that.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
When the time comes hydrogen will probably be seperated from water using atomic energy.
The problem is safely storing the Hydrogen which is just about as reactive an element you can get.
It's been done theoretically and actually (See Hondas car) but not efficiently, guaranteed safely or on a scale big enough to be able to fuel a car at a hydrogen station.
It will come but not for a while.

I'm not sure where you got it in your head KU43 that you'll be able to convert your 4WD to Hydorgen because you can't and even if you could you would have to have a chemist create the fuel especially for you. A damn sight more than $4 a gallon let me tell ya.
Perhaps you were thinking of Dual Fuel with LPG (Actual gaseous fuel like you have in a portable gas heater)??

BTW you still get 'gas' cheaper than just about anyone else on earth and by a long way too. Wait 'til you're paying $15+ like we do and then get your moan on.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
It's all good Business! The DEMS are holding back for good reason for not drilling off the NE, Eastern Gulf & West Coast! PR Internationally while they drill is good for World Peace & Stability. Yes out Wallets suffer as our Nations Leaders desperatly seek new Fuel Sources but just know, Our Reserves will stand tru for the history of our Nations existance.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
"ath-hole"

Honda is releasing their car this summer....for public testing.

Looks like they have gotten it fixed enough to make it work.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

im actually tempted to have my car converted to LPG... only 32p a litre or something! sure it might cost £1000-2000 to fit but it wud b handy

PS zza1pqx, thats it, u tell them ...

example...

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

currently unleaded petrol is 119.9p a litre.. so 119.9x3.7 = £3.59 and change that to dollars = $7

now most cars in the US are diesel.. and thats currently at least 131p a litre.. so again... 131x3.7 = £3.93 and to dollars = $7.70

count urselves lucky.. for now

we are all screwed tho unless countries pull their fingers out and do something..

Last edited by -Tigger-; 06-07-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:35 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by BB

now most cars in the US are diesel.. and thats currently at least 131p a litre.. so again... 131x3.7 = £3.93 and to dollars = $7.70

I'm pretty sure we have more gas cars than anything, diesel is widely used in semi-trucks and full sized trucks... but im still pretty sure there are more gas vehicles on the road than anything (didn't mean to get off subject here)

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 06-07-2008, 08:54 PM
"ath-hole"

BB's back! w00t

I would go to a full electric conversion, but I would wait a few years...until 2011. By then the LI bateries will be a lot better....and with EEstor's new ultracap....
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 AM
locco is offline locco

Just put my 4x4 on Diriect injection GAS lpg, very happy no power loss same milage , runs great Goverenebt rbate paid 2k so I made the jump. saving near a dollar a ltre.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
im actually tempted to have my car converted to LPG... only 32p a litre or something! sure it might cost £1000-2000 to fit but it wud b handy

PS zza1pqx, thats it, u tell them ...

example...

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

currently unleaded petrol is 119.9p a litre.. so 119.9x3.7 = £3.59 and change that to dollars = $7

count urselves lucky.. for now

we are all screwed tho unless countries pull their fingers out and do something..
sorry to bust this one.
they try selling cars run on diesel it die off, there are more cars running on unleaded gas then diesel by a long shot.

my aunt and my father (RIP) both had a diesel running car nether one care for it at all, going to the shop to get the injetters reline and paying to keep it in top running order.

will lets say there not much on the car dealer lot on diesel engine runing cars at all. beside diesel smellls like hell as will unlike unleaded gas not much a smell to it.

there are more cars running on: Unleaded fuel & L/P Fuel then diesel knock offs.

there not much a change one to ether run on a dual system ether unleaded and L/P fuel can use both there would be a switch near the driver seat to switch to ether one. run on L/P fuel change over is lot cheaper then buying a brand new car as will that run greener fuel
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-09-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by William
sorry to bust this one.
they try selling cars run on diesel it die off, there are more cars running on unleaded gas then diesel by a long shot.

well even is that statistic is wrong, u's are still paying A LOT less than wot most of the world has to pay for
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
"ath-hole"

You guys hear about the water car the Japanese invented? Pretty sweet!!

Plus honda released their hydrogen car today. $600 a month lease ouch!