Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Team Sabre and expectations

So what are you expecting from Team Sabre??
Here's the feature'slist to date:

Land, Sea & Air Drivable Vehicles

Fly helicopters over vast terrains, steer Zodiacs along winding rivers or drive fast attack vehicles as teammates provide cover with mounted weaponry.

Two all new single player campaigns

Embark on challenging missions through treacherous South
American jungle terrain and across remote islands in the Persian Gulf. Neutralize enemy targets and accomplish mission objectives.

Free Unrivaled Multiplayer Mayhem - up to 32 players

Wage war over the internet with drivable vehicles across 30 new multiplayer maps via NovaWorld. Utilize an enhanced version of the Delta Force - Black Hawk Down engine with mod-able features for building unique multiplayer battlefields. Up to 50 players over LAN.

Expansion pack requires original Delta Force® - Black Hawk Down™ game to play.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
sounds good to me m8.

it will totally change the game though.
think you will be able to camp on a hill sniping? someone jumps in a jeep comes over and runs u down in about 30 secs lol.

i can't wait to see how the game changes with this new feature. Battlefield 1942 is great with it's moving vehicles but the maps are confined to a certain area. who knows what will happed in BHD lol.

i hope it doesnt turn into a kidfest who want jeep races etc

this is a big step for the DF series - i think it will be cool

once nova allows MODs properly then that will be the perfect solution - but until then we will have not quite what we want tno matter what bo do.

i.e. not everyone wants vehicles, some ppl prefer the original game and df2. if modable then you will get a MOD for more vehicles etc, and a MOD for no vehicles and better original gameplay.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:49 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
My only hope is that all the friggin' custom maps I've downloaded for BHD work with this expansion pack. But if they don't, I'll buy the damned thing anyway...
Old 06-08-2003, 05:55 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
i'm not too euphoric about the whole thing, especially the "mod-able features"...
let's wait and see what comes out
Old 06-09-2003, 05:25 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
if they are making any other add-on for the other DF-Serials sample DF:2,LW,TFD,BHD Expansion pack's and up i be glade to buy them all asap

i remember Diablo 1 they made a Expansion pack for it love it. came from EA Games

same say more is better
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-09-2003 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Awac835 is offline Awac835

Im hoping for some good jungle cpmbat, with very low visibilty and dense jungle.

And then being able to fly choppers, i just hope they don't make the physics engine to simple, but then again i can understand this is a action game and maybe not all players have a joystick and stuff, but then maybe a option as to how realistic you want your chopper to fly.

And then all the jeeps, choppers should be destroyable, and then some kind of respawn system for em.

I would love to dogde AT4 missles while trying to set down the chopper for my squad to get off.

But also imagin all the new sniper spots in city areas, you can go everywhere if you get a pilot to drop you off on some roof top.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:56 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

The helicopter flying can't be too realistic; it would be hard for them to match the controls of a real helicopter. You would have to have one set of controls for the cyclic stick, one set for the collective stick, and a third for the pedals. My guess is the controls are simplified for the game.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
played the desert combat mod for battlefiled? that has helis in it and they are controlled with the mouse and WASD - or ur movement button choice. pretty simple but effective

i would be happy if the vehicles were controlled similar to battelfiled. pretty much anyone can learn to control all the vehicles in a short space of time.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:17 AM
Nev is offline Nev

flying a helicopter shouldn't be like riding an elevator. it's not that easy.
and novalogic got some experience from the comanche series, so there is hope for a usable flying model (not a full-scale simulation, but more than just arcade)
Old 06-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

I have not played any of them games But I have been an avionics mechanic on blackhawk helicopters for the past 6 years, so I get to fly in the real ones all the time.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think they are doing something that was ask of them long algo
it be nice we can fly jets,drive tanks and other type of vehicles
in the game play
1.) Armored Fist
2.) Comanche
3.) F-22 Lightning
4.) Delta Force
all in one big battle field every one play the roll they like to play in it.
Land, Sea & Air Drivable Vehicles

Fly helicopters over vast terrains, steer Zodiacs along winding rivers or drive fast attack vehicles as teammates provide cover with mounted weaponry. next best thing to it lol can't wait to see
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

that would be neat if they made it so all the different multyplayer games were incorperated, you could call in airstrikes from the ppl playing the flight sims, or do a gun run on a colum of trucks and df players with the comanche. But thats too cool an idea nova would never do it lol
Old 06-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
think they are doing something that was ask of them long algo
it be nice we can fly jets,drive tanks and other type of vehicles
in the game play
1.) Armored Fist
2.) Comanche
3.) F-22 Lightning
4.) Delta Force
all in one big battle field every one play the roll they like to play in it.
certainly not in this game
i guess it won't be much different from now, just the hummers/blackhawks/(maybe more) that are moving automatically now will be driveable
no big all-around battlefield in this year
(if you want one get operation flashpoint+both expansions, this will keep you busy!! )
Old 06-09-2003, 07:45 PM

Just tried the Commanche 4 demo. Not quite what i expected, flying the chopper felt more like driving a car.

And the fact that sometimes when i pushed the stick forward to do a nose dive, the chopper would gain altitude, not very realistic at all. But i think it will go well with BHD.

And man do that chopper have a handy TA rader, it shows you all the places you can go so you don't fly up in a dead end. Again not very realistic but handy

I was also totaly unable to tilt the chopper in any way. and there are limits to how much you can pitch the nose up and down. A bit of a shame because of you overfly your target your unable to do a dive attack if you have the altitude for it.

Now the next thing i wanna see in a DF game is the F22 with a nuke
Old 06-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

yeah i hope the vehicles are simulator quality, with only "experts" being able to handle them with skill, but itshouldnt be impossible for newbiesto manoever them on a basic level then agaim im the type whos quite happy to fly from LA to sydney in MS Flight simulator.....
Old 06-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

Quote:
Originally posted by Awac835
Just tried the Commanche 4 demo. Not quite what i expected, flying the chopper felt more like driving a car.

And the fact that sometimes when i pushed the stick forward to do a nose dive, the chopper would gain altitude, not very realistic at all. But i think it will go well with BHD.

And man do that chopper have a handy TA rader, it shows you all the places you can go so you don't fly up in a dead end. Again not very realistic but handy

I was also totaly unable to tilt the chopper in any way. and there are limits to how much you can pitch the nose up and down. A bit of a shame because of you overfly your target your unable to do a dive attack if you have the altitude for it.

Now the next thing i wanna see in a DF game is the F22 with a nuke
The pitch in a helicopter is to increase and decrease speed if you want to do a "nose dive" you need to pitch down and lower you collective stick at the same time. The real Comanche as well as some other aircraft do have a terrain map feature to there doplar/gps navigation systems so it’s not as far off as you think. Helicopters are really not meant to do fly by attacks like an airplane; your supposed to mask yourself behind a hill identify the target lock on then unmask at a hover take your shot then go back into hiding. The reason you can't just pitch up and do a roll is because of blade stall after a 45 degree angle you no longer have any lift.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:47 AM

Avnprd

Maybe you miss understood me, What i mean is , when you push your stick forward in a chopper your nose will dive down, but at the same time your lift will decreas so you have to add some throttle through the collective.
In C4 when i did this the chopper would gain altitude sometimes.

And yes if the AoA gets to big on the rortor blades they will stall, but in C4 you are far from those angles when the game steps in and says your nose can't go any deeper.

And about the flyby/strafeing runs, that really depends on the chopper, if we get to fly a blackhawks or littlebirds i don't see much use for pop up attacks. But yeah you properly wouldn't do a strafeing run in a RAH66
Old 06-10-2003, 04:42 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Operation Flashpoint had pretty basic flight controls for the UH-60 as long as you were the only person playing. Any type of interaction with the enemy (AI or online opponent) usually weeded out the aces from the smacktards real quick. I hope the expansion pack for BHD is the same way. Also, I hope they make it to where you have to choose a pilot class, the same way you have to choose gunner, sniper, etc...And I hope the pilot class, and driver classes, should they use this idea, have really, REALLY, ****ty weapons so that every tom dick and harry isn't smacktarding by camping helipads waiting on helos to spawn (see Battelfield 1942). Maybe just a sidearm like the 9mm or .45. for the pilots. I bet we see alot less half-ass, wannabe fighter ace pilots if all they have is a pistol while I shut 'em down with an M24 900 meters out while they set up camp wating on their next chance to be Tom Cruise in Top Gun at the cockpit of a Blackhawk.

Last edited by CapN'C*cksucker; 06-10-2003 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

Why not go with what the real pilots of the 160th soar use and give them mp-5s
Old 06-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Great idea aviation pride...

I love the idea of this exp pack... the thing with other games is that there isnt much use modding it, like say you have BHD - why would u bother making a vietnam mod? or a world war 2 mod? not much point, just as good to play VietCong, or medal of honour. Wheras OFP, BF42 and now this have vehicles - which add another dimension to modding.

This'll be awesome, big lift for DF series. And naming it Delta force BLACK HAWK DOWN team sabre is good for nova coz the BHD lovers (eg movie, book, game) will get this - merchandizing.