Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
for me the converter are only for my maps not to do someone elses maps . but changing a map and claiming its is wrong .only 1 thing you can do tell the map maker the pb and he will fix-it like me . when you like to make map you can tell a map maker if he like to help you to make a map .
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i some time i use to ask the maker of a map said map to fix it for them, i know i can do it anyways without asking them! but it nicer to ask anyways

most of the time i ask them first.
chrispy know this

i would not change any of the info in the bms other then if i did post it up i would state who made it and i made some changes to it with their ok to it in a text file or html file

i would never steal a make by saying i made it at all.

we know there are newbies map makers out there, who try to make a very good map! but they don't ask for some one to help them out or check for bad spots they need to be fix.

a good thing is test a map host it let other come in and look around for bad spots in the map and point it out to the map maker! so they can fix it on the spot, i remember in DF: 2/3 we use to get together with other (4-6pl) and look around abject's to see if there any fixing needed. seem this been skip now days
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-26-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Think i said all that, and notice the get permission part? I don't advocate ripping maps, but for your server and the mapmaker is AWOL then what do you do? delete the map or adjust it? i say go and adjust it for your server but don't make it a download unless the original maker approves.

I did have HMS squad (hard maps) ask me if they could change my dflw maps for there server and i did say "yes please do, thats why i included the .mis file." I did ask them to send me a copy so i can look at it but they never did. oh well thats how it goes. but permission was granted because i am still around. but if i wasn't they would've changed the maps regardless of permission for there server and i wouldn't have worried about it.

Another thing i did once was use the bms2mis converter on a peregrine falcon map just to see how he made a log cabin out of some palm trees, very excellent work he did with that, but i stopped making maps for dflw because i got involved in making a mod for it. but i did make a wall using what i learned from that, just never finished the map.

Anyway there are other bms2mis converters out there for other games and stolen maps are rather a rare item. I believe theres one here at Nova HQ with a comment from the mapmaker stating its someone elses modded map, but ill need to check for a link.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 AM

Sorry is DF barracks:

http://www.dfbarracks.com/mapdb/inde...n=dm&mid=19720

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-27-2007, 06:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
well why not novaworld make a page for map makers ore make a list so you can
see what you have done rong when you make a map ho not work .well is only a idee
Old 04-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
there so many other site that taken it way be-on novaworld could have seen.

face it when it come to novaworld forum it lags in this area. now day it more flaming and full of hate in their forum. besides spamming is going on there as will like crazy.

a map section there would be the same as their forum.

Novahq.net and Dfbarrack.com come on top for map section goes. love their lay out and people can give tip on what could the map maker do make it better as will. comment is a good thing

there no then like a map section with other community's helping out each other to make a map better.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-27-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM

well novaworld is too lazy when we have a question .what i mean is this you ore me have a question and ther return no answer
and i know the site Chief ADFP but wher is novaworld when you need it for a question.ok the form look ok but when you question now 1 from novaworld are ther why not . i have never saw a personal question back from novaworld
Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
there so many other site that taken it way be-on novaworld could have seen.

face it when it come to novaworld forum it lags in this area. now day it more flaming and full of hate in their forum. besides spamming is going on there as will like crazy.

a map section there would be the same as their forum.

Novahq.net and Dfbarrack.com come on top for map section goes. love their lay out and people can give tip on what could the map maker do make it better as will. comment is a good thing

there no then like a map section with other community's helping out each other to make a map better.
I gotta agree with the whole spam thing on the NW forums.

You post a topic, and people just spam it out, which p*sses me the hell off (sorry for the language, but it's true unfortunately...).

NovaHQ FTW!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-27-2007, 08:26 PM

i agree to i have send post to nw for dtfd question and have never a mail back
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

Anyone else willing to test the app for me?

http://www.projekt6.com
http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

AMEN to that. I also have started including the .mis files with my maps. Mainly because if they do find a mistake I over-looked, I want them to fix it.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I just include the .mis anyway lol. Because if you lose the .mis on your HDD, you can go and DL your map. And also, just like what you said Scout, if they want to change your map (with your permission), they can.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-29-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jckl
Anyone else willing to test the app for me?
ill test it for you, Ive got some 20 maps made that i could do each one and see if there basicly the same. i dont know if it will include event names, i think that a .mis only bit but since i have the originals i wont need that. send to wtf-squa@wtf-squad.com or pm me a download link. I will do a file compare and see what differances there are in the 2 mis files before opening with med and manualy comparing.

I gave up on novaworld a loonnnggg time ago, nova never realy answers questions and everyone else answers either wrong or just bs.

I added my mis files when i first started uploading maps, basicly its permission to edit them or mod them to suit needs, having the mis file in the download is permission.

WTF-Squad

Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

for those testing and for an update... Fred has found 2 small problems that i will fix

http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

Fred and Jet you got new email

Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 AM

ok i test it later today now i need to work grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-01-2007, 03:17 PM

There seems to be a problem with area triggers having just one marker.

Also i can make an installer for this, setup a start menu and desktop shortcut.

WTF-Squad

Last edited by Xx_jet_xX; 05-01-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

i can make an installer as well. Infact i coded my install shield app Thanks for the offer tho and ill look into that area trigger problem.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

you have mail i fixed that error jet and changed the about screen

Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

anymore problems found?