Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:53 AM
NightWing is offline NightWing

I've played DF2 on up to DFX. I have to agree about DFX, its too much like JO as far as the large scale maps. But it is a good game to play for 20 bucks. I don't think they put alot of thought into it.
As for the future of the DF games? There will always be a future for first person shooter games. As long as Nova keeps the game interesting with new maps or new engines, people will always buy them.
A Delta Force 2 upgraded game I think would also be great for $20 if they only upgraded the graphics on it. Maybe add meds to it but definatly do not add vehicles to it. Thats my opinion.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Btw MrGarretts mod brings it close to the old DF2. And I know a bunch of guys are working to modify it so we can rejoy those great moments of DF 2 wuith the new engine!
Where can I find this mod so I can try it out?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Tril if I could send it I would lol!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

I like "SwTIntercept's" idea. A game taking on Desert Storm, or the current Iraqi war would be cool. But then, the bad guys would buy (or steal) the game and practice, and get too good at the real war...

Never mind
Old 06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

A Delta Force game based on Desert Storm would definitely be one I would like to see. As long as it was a FPS and not a game where you can drive vehicles.

I guess I'm a FPS purist lol!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

How about including X109 Sniper Rifle with Nuclear Tipped Bullets (or is it Radiation Tipped Bullets?)

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-06-2005, 04:45 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
The vehicle lag has nothing to do with the PC.

It lags on everything.

Lagged on my AMD 2800+ Geforce FX 5600

Lagged on my bro's P4 2.8Gightz ATI 9700.

Edit: OMG I didn't see this other page.

As long as the next game uses a real engine. The JO engine sucks bad.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originaly posted by Baddog
A Delta Force game based on Desert Storm would definitely be one I would like to see.

Desert storm wasn't much of a war, It was more of a training mission. So a game on that wouldn't be much of a game. Now the afghanistan and iraq war would be a good game. But those two wars are still going on and most of the world would explode over such a sensitive game topic.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

You're probably right, NightWing. Political correctness effects even the gaming world...

Nevertheless, they'd better get started working on it now so they can be 'first out' with it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by miaebow
Elite, this is like saying why don't I lose my head when I hit the helicopter blades. It's a game Bro, nothing more nothing less. The truth is there has got to be a certain amount of artistic licence, otherwise all games would feel the same. Personally, I like realism, up to a point. I mean in what war did anyone ever run around with a canon on their shoulders. Or enter a fight with just a knife expecting to win.

I understand your frustration, as I've experienced similar things myself with DFX and others in the series.

Now I'm going to give all those that think DFX isn't up to scratch a challenge. I've said before that a good map can and does make all the difference in any of the DF series. With that in mind, I want you and anyone else up to the challenge to download three of my maps and place them on a server until you've played all three at least once.

The three maps in question are all DM maps, and they are as follows: ExtremeDM/ExtremeDM2 and FortressDM. I will bet that if you do this you will come away thinking that you enjoyed it, and just maybe you'll change your minds about DFX.

And no, this isn't me plugging my maps I don't need to do that as they are freely available on several sites. I'm just trying to prove a point.

ps You'll have to wait for ExtremeDM2 as it's not up yet but it shouldn't be long.
i understand that, which is why bhd is so good, not to realistic but not to fake either, just perfect. But why do we need vehicles. I mean jo is there for that, why put it in the df is all i'm saying, for the people who don't like vehicles. i guess i just can't get into the user who get's the tank is gonna get some fast and easy kills, and be hard to kill...
Old 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
"ath-hole"

TFD = Afghanistan War...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Wink

I was just wondering if Nova could set a future game in some fictional war say set in a former Soviet Republic which would mean snowy terrain such as they had in Land Warrior?

Regards
Old 06-11-2005, 09:26 AM
SwTIntercept is offline SwTIntercept

Send a message via ICQ to SwTIntercept
Quote:
Originally posted by NightWing

Desert storm wasn't much of a war, It was more of a training mission. So a game on that wouldn't be much of a game. Now the afghanistan and iraq war would be a good game. But those two wars are still going on and most of the world would explode over such a sensitive game topic.
Already did Afghanistan, that was TFD [Task Force Dagger]
True, Desert Storm wasnt much of a war, but it would be interesting to see who comes out with that title 1st.
Not to sure about exploding over that topic, Bush declared major combat over, only thing we are fighting now are foreign insurgents. BHD was the #1 selling PC game when it came out, then Nova comes out with JO? A war in Indonesia [Current to]? whats next, North Korea?
Old 06-11-2005, 11:14 AM
"ath-hole"

NL just needs to create something with good gameplay.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:59 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

NOW, that the BF2 is out and it seems not to have anything major in it. I'd say NL has been given YET another chance.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-11-2005, 12:27 PM
StarAvenger is offline StarAvenger

Send a message via AIM to StarAvenger
In order for nova to compete I think that they need to focous on being a certian type of game. They should focous on being more realistic and less arcady than BF 2. They need to make you feel that you realy are a Delta Force Operative (not just make you feel that you are playing a game and shooting terrorist and stuff. They need options to presonialy modify weapons and equiptment based on a players game play style. For example, putting a 4x power scope and a folding bipod on an M16, or an M203 GL and a refliex sight, or go old school with iron sights and no mods, the choice should be up to the player on weapon setup. And perhaps other things like the ability to creat your own guilli suit (to be more adapted to a crertain environment), and character creation.

Thats what the future for DF should be!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Now that sounds like some fair ideas you have there Star Avenger!!!!

Regards
Old 06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
I think there is a future for DF however DFX is not it lol more ppl play BHD than DFX thats not a good sign if your a company looking at revenues.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzz
I think there is a future for DF however DFX is not it lol more ppl play BHD than DFX thats not a good sign if your a company looking at revenues.
I'd have to say I agree wit what you say there Buzz. Nova may hvae to come up with a complete;y new game concept but as to waht that might be.....well who knows?

Regards
Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Everybody should read this interview if you haven't already.

[Read here]

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••