Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

Game after game. Isn't this too much?

Nowadays, every month, so many new games are released. Sequels after sequels of every big franchise, with great graphics but the same old gameplay. For example, take Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma. Both are RPGs and have good graphics, but the fact is that they have the same elements of a typical RPG. Nothing new or revolutionary, but just the great graphics with tons of gore make people happy. While i also like new games being released, my point is that too many games are released every now and then, and the general point is that very, very few of them bring something new on the table. Maybe companies should learn from companies like Rockstar, who don't produce games after every 6-7 months. Rather, they make games that ARE really good, and usually after 2 or 3 years. Novalogic too didn't make there games every year. We got games after some time, that made them feel new. Older times were better.

I have written too much, sorry by the way.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Skyrim is/was evolutionary if you ask me. The new Call of Duty games every year... not so much.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:57 AM

Ok yeah, Skyrim was revoultionary, but what about the other RPG's that were release before it and after it. They all had the same kind of stuff. And by the way, we also don't get an elder scrolls game every year, so each game of this series has to be special.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

If all you like is FPS multi-player then it's never going to change. Hasn't changed much since I was playing DFLW way back in the days. There isn't a whole lot you can do to make FPS more unique.

If you want to play some good games that are different, check out the mostly single player games. I haven't been bored for a long time playing SP games. Especially games from Bethesda and Rockstar.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 AM

Rockstar, Bethesda and Valve are great companies in my view. The mostly single player games you are mentioning are so good because the dev has only one thing to concentrate on and they spend quite a lot of time. Companies like treyarch and ea release their call of duty games and need for speed games every year, with generic stuff, and that's why i feel these games to be stale.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

You can only "improve" a proven formula by fine tuning it to your needs.