Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Angry no use of SKIN Mod for JOTR Ban

there are some dummies out there:

Quote:
Macumba member
A few weeks ago I installed the Mindanao skinpack, as I thought it looked pretty cool (I thought it was an improvement over the original skins anyway, especially the vehicle ones). I thought nothing of it until a couple of days ago when (for the very first time) I ran PunkBuster to join a server a friend was playing on. I left that game and joined another server (!Belfast Killers, the OAP clan server) with PunkBuster still chugging away in the background. While playing on this server I was kicked a couple of times, and simply put it down to my connection/the server or the guys in the clan fooling around (as I knew a couple of them). I stopped playing after one round and thought nothing of it. Today I get a message on ICQ saying that I'm on the PB master ban list and get given a link, sure enough, there I am sitting at the bottom of the list.
Quote:
DeathDRH Members
This program has allot of glitches for the fact that people who DL skins get banned even though they are not cheating.As far as I see it , this shouldn't even be up for use till the bugs have been worked out due to the fact that this system bans people for use of files types not cheats.I have filed a report and heard nothing back on my ban and have filed a complaint to Novalogic over this.I have not nor will ever use a cheat and as you can see in past games allot of others were over turned cuz they were also banned even though they never used a cheat.I like what your doing but the banning should be a forsure thing or some way to search your PC to tell you if a file is marked as a cheat by your system.
Cheaters need to be banned and thats a fact but your nailing allot of non cheats and placing their names on a damn cheat list for all to see when its not true.
For anyone who has been thinking of placing this on their servers they should think twice.Cheaters are a load of crap but seeing your friends get banned off your server and you cant do jack about it and you cant unban them due to no control of the ban lists is reason enough not to use this program.Second is the fact that They will be banned if they DLed a map with a skin Mod or any kind of skin be it a cheat skin or a legit skin.I'm sure there are allot of other holes in this system for there to be so many bans overturned.I'm not saying this system is a waiste of time but its NOT server ready.
asker:
Quote:
=NaT=Bulgy "PsB Staff"
The Nova Moderators and PsB have both said it and i say it again
Don't load anything but your game files to your Joint Ops folder, if you do you could find yourself on the MBL.

I can also see where you are coming from and im looking in to ways which may help. but as it stands for now don't load skins to your game folder.

Thanks for your contributions. Question answered.
if you find a 3rd party skin package to use for JOTR leave them out of the game or you loss your account fast. only item will be ok if they are from Novalogic.Inc and no others.

you add anything to the game you may find your self banned and getting unbanned is really hard to do chances are very low and the headache is not needed unless you wish it.

don't even try to fool them, by editing them image files.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-28-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:53 PM
jugo.s3. is offline jugo.s3.

If this is too difficult to understand picture this:

I create a skin pach that makes everyone Shine like a lightbulb....Now, how hard would it be for me to hit them.

THAT is why you getbanned...cause it's a tool used by cheaters.

Shoot all you want.....I'll CODE you to death!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01101010 01110101 01100111 01101111 00101110 01110011 00110011 00101110
Old 11-10-2004, 01:47 AM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

THE use of skins not in a mod are considered a cheat
the use of a mod on non mod servers is also a cheat there fore you got caught using the mod on a non mod server and now you are banned from all nova games and battlefield 1942 and all other games that support punk buster AND buying a new game wont help no matter how many you buy.
cause your puter has been banned too.each computer has its own id number and now you also need a new game and a new PC to play
Old 11-10-2004, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jugo.s3.
If this is too difficult to understand picture this:

I create a skin pach that makes everyone Shine like a lightbulb....Now, how hard would it be for me to hit them.

THAT is why you getbanned...cause it's a tool used by cheaters.
eeeeeeehehehehheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by bigsmellyfart
THE use of skins not in a mod are considered a cheat
the use of a mod on non mod servers is also a cheat there fore you got caught using the mod on a non mod server and now you are banned from all nova games and battlefield 1942 and all other games that support punk buster AND buying a new game wont help no matter how many you buy.
cause your computer has been banned too.each computer has its own id number and now you also need a new game and a new PC to play
you right on the money any editing don't on the skin that are the stander for the game will find one be banned real fast.

even to make the skin look better still will get banned for it too.

this so call mod will make the game look better but there a draw back to it the stander skins have been replace and PB will see this as a edited skin. evenbalance and nova will see this and party who get banned its for life.

so stay away from any mod totally only mod will be ok is them from Novalogic.inc and none other then them.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:32 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
glad nova is so mod friendly like BF, HL, quake and the like...they help out their community so much i cant begin to describe it

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Chief ADFP

don't think nova will let JOTR go that way at first they was going to let it be moded but last min they change their mind about it. only mod it be from is from them and no others for the game. funny there reason for it cut down on cheaters. will maybe they are right to me i'll keep playing BF: 1942 starwars mod it is sweet
Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
don't think nova will let JOTR go that way at first they was going to let it be moded but last min they change their mind about it. only mod it be from is from them and no others for the game. funny there reason for it cut down on cheaters. will maybe they are right to me i'll keep playing BF: 1942 starwars mod it is sweet
well i guess they thought they would miss out on the money but 11 players for 512 mb upload speed thats where they went wrong and gee only 2 to 3 thousand players online in the entire world and i went to get jo escalation and it aint in yet and there is a whole 2 that they will get. seems they have very little faith in the product my concusion is Jo and Joe are a big box office failure cuase of how they did things . i live in a very large metroplex upto 4 million population and only 2 boxes of joe wow that says it all.now i have to goto work and cant wait for afternoon shipment.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:47 PM

nova has gone down hill since the late patches in DFLW...DFLW was a great game till the later patches came out and screwed the gameplay...if they would have started letting us mod the game in the very begining nova would be batter off nowadays

but nope they consentraited on stopping cheaters so much they forgot their main community...as we watched better games come out that are moddable with better coding and netcode nova has stayed 3 steps behind...

remember when we all wanted to create our own buildings, drivable vehicles, skins for everything, add weapons back in DF2 and DFLW...it was doable but nova put a stop to that when it started banning us...

i had 4 new weapons with their own performaces in DFLW but a couple of patches later they were unusable

it was called the *MaFiA* MOD and it added 2 pistols and 2 assult rifles and all the buidings and objects from DF2 then a couple patches later as we were working on the sniper rifles and vehicles it blocked our work...so we stopped

imagine being able to drive vehicles a year b4 BF42 came out...thnx nova

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 11-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
There so horrible, evil, nasty, non friendly, A-holes to those of you that complain......YET you guys are still playing there games. What does that tell you?

Ask your self this question.

If im going to bitch about nova, or there works, then why do i play it, and continue to play it
Old 11-18-2004, 04:50 PM

true true...proof here...

instaled BHD and TS also installed JO...went to login to novaworld on JO...cant...incorrect login or password...BS...havent changed them since DF2

checked BHD and TS...same thing...

yep...us old DFrs are forgotten...its been 3 months since my last login...strange...

F' them

i own 3 copies of BHD 2 TS and 2 JO...servers and network here at home...wish they would recognize their community...

NL = ***CENSORED***

sent email to c if they can help...but i dont expect a reply...

moved on to other games...

The Site

Old 11-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Systemkaos
There so horrible, evil, nasty, non friendly, A-holes to those of you that complain......YET you guys are still playing there games. What does that tell you?

Ask your self this question.

If im going to bitch about nova, or there works, then why do i play it, and continue to play it
i no longer play JOTR why you ask gee it has too many bugs in it and no longer any fun to play last update totally kill it off. i really think JOTR is no then more then a beta phase still.

sorry JOTR is really only a online game only were BF: 1942 & BF:2, BF: V are offline as will online playing goes.

sorry JOTR is totally dead to me and others there no hope in this game at all.
===========================================
Novalogic.inc: sold so many Cd of JOTR vs the number of play is really low only 1/10th of the player who got the game do play it at all.

EA GAMES: Sold so many BF: 1942 Cds there are over 48.000 players onling playing it. not counting BF:2 or BF: V ether.
you get free mod with the updates toboot and Punkbuster with it. you may have to play in Gamespy to play them game in but its cool.
to me JOTR is no better then DF:1 is when it first came out. they are breaking new ground but they don't have a clue how to get it right, have to say Novalogic.inc they keep trying they may get right one day i can't wait till then. I'm moving on to better ground to play in.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-18-2004 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i no longer play JOTR why you ask gee it has too many bugs in it and no longer any fun to play last update totally kill it off. i really think JOTR is no then more then a beta phase still.

sorry JOTR is really only a online game only were BF: 1942 & BF:2, BF: V are offline as will online playing goes.

sorry JOTR is totally dead to me and others there no hope in this game at all.
Novalogic.inc: sold so many Cd of JOTR vs the number of play is really low only 1/10th of the player who got the game do play it at all.

EA GAMES: Sold so many BF: 1942 Cds there are over 48.000 players onling playing it. not counting BF:2 or BF: V ether.
you get free mod with the updates toboot and Punkbuster with it. you may have to play in Gamespy to play them game in but its cool.
to me JOTR is no better then DF:1 is when it first came out. they are breaking new ground but they don't have a clue how to get it right, have to say Novalogic.inc they keep trying they may get right one day i can't wait till then. I'm moving on to better ground to play in.
and it will not change till they redoo the network code and cut the bandwidth needed to host per player to 1/5 of what it is now...
Old 11-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by bigsmellyfart
and it will not change till they redoo the network code and cut the bandwidth needed to host per player to 1/5 of what it is now...
man you are really blind are you?
50cal round shot it only to drop to the ground 100-150m out and other dummies thing they did to the game. i have had it with JOTR it not funny

tank top is not there after it re-spawn back without the tor-it with it. then they kill off the weapon scope in the sniper weapon and other thing on top of that they never even try to fix the real bug in the game to get it on the right track. i really totally sick of the game. "big let down"

maybe they get it right only 2-3 years down the road by that time they dump it and move on to other areas.

When DF1 came it was a good game for the time now they got JOTR it ok for this time but has a lot of bugs in it when they get the bug work out you see it in the new game what ever that will be.

JOTR is dead