Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Battlefield / Bad Company
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Battlefield / Bad Company Anything about the BF Bad Company series of games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Battlefield 3 already confirmed...

Bad Company 2 hasn't been completely released yea and they have already announced the sequel to Battlefield 2...

Quote:
According to former DICE CEO Fredrik Liliegren, the red-hot Battlefield franchise won't be taking a hit in the quality department any time soon. Speaking to Gaming Union, Liliegren shared his thoughts on the long-awaited PC sequel, saying "I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away."

Though Liliegren left DICE in 2006 to start Antic Entertainment, he saw the early prototypes for Battlefield 3 before he left. "I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA [non-disclosure agreement]," he said.

While the NDA prevented him from talking about specific game features, he also used the opportunity to take a shot at the rival Call of Duty franchise. "That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience," he said.

The hype reflects what former EA COO John Pleasants said about the game last year. “I’ve had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product,” he remarked. “Of course, that’s not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good.”

As a die-hard Battlefield 2 fan, I've been waiting for news about this game forever. With Bad Company 2 shipping next week, maybe we can look for an announcement in the coming months.
-gameinformer.com