Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-28-2003, 07:53 AM
RoDent is offline RoDent

eek TFD>"STRIP" option in the editor

Anyone know what this is for and how to use it?? I've tried it but and it takes me to the PAINT MODE with a long rectangle like grid box. I'm thinking it has something to do with altering the terrain in certain grid sections like when you look at the commanders map but really haven't a clue. Or is this just a left-over option that dosen't work like the *.rc mission file? Any help on this would be great.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i think it's a left over option.
i dont know if anyone knows 100%, but i think it's related to the wireframe view using in C4 MED
Old 03-05-2003, 01:39 AM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
i think it's a left over option.
i dont know if anyone knows 100%, but i think it's related to the wireframe view using in C4 MED
Isn't the C-4 med for BHD though?
Old 03-05-2003, 01:57 AM
(Old)
Unregistered

lol theres c4 meds for alot of games.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

C4 MED is the "Commanche 4" MED
Old 03-05-2003, 04:03 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
C4 MED is the "Commanche 4" MED
So is this Commanche 4 editor multi-purpose for the Novalogic series or do you need one for each version of DF games? If so where can i get one for TFD and what are the advantages to using this over the updated/(revised) version's that i have been using
Old 03-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

the c4 MED just allows u to see the wireframe mode. no more than the other MEDs otherwise

the one for tfd is on our downloads i think
Old 03-05-2003, 10:15 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

The tile section in the DFLW / TFD modified C4 MED is a section for Comanche 4 that was left in. In Comanche 4, it gives you the ability to paint sidewalks, streets, dirt tire tracks, parking lots, airfield runways and ramps and several other things, but they're not usable in DFLW/DFTFD and I don't know if they'll be in DFBHD or not. The reason they were never put in DFLW/TFD is cause of the newer gaming engine.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticWolf
The tile section in the DFLW / TFD modified C4 MED is a section for Comanche 4 that was left in. In Comanche 4, it gives you the ability to paint sidewalks, streets, dirt tire tracks, parking lots, airfield runways and ramps and several other things, but they're not usable in DFLW/DFTFD and I don't know if they'll be in DFBHD or not. The reason they were never put in DFLW/TFD is cause of the newer gaming engine.
Thanks for the info! To bad ya can't use it...could have really incresed the realizim in the games.Oh well..i'm sure there are other ways to create or simulate stuff with a little creativity useing the current objects and stuff.(such as the "pit" i created in a tunnel section in one of my maps.)
Old 03-06-2003, 09:54 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

Oh sure! I've seen maps in DFLW where people were very creative using tunnel sections and general items such as those mayan ruin pieces where they made a planter and then put a tree in the center with some bushes and had a vertical tunnel section under that - a hidden tunnel entrance with a ladder to help you get down - I think it was a TDM map if I'm not mistaken. There's been other maps too that have had quite a few neat things in them. One guy actually recreated his entire house to include a bathroom with a tub with water (he used the blue triangle marker things elevated slightly - it looked really cool), toilet and sink, kitchen and living room.

Then there was that A/D UFO map that - I forgot his name now - was made with a really cool GIANT!! UFO and used a tunnel glitch to make people be able to "teleport" up into the UFO. He also used AT4 Rockets with stones and upside down telephone polls for camp fires.

I even created this (weak) special effect for night maps where you have a Streetlamp overlayed on a telephone pole (the street lamps are set to a group number), and then one or 2 generators in a building near by, once you blow the generator, the events vaporize the streetlamp only and leave the telephone poles and when you come back out of the building it looks like all the streetlamps lost power... eh.. it's weak but it's a nice effect.

It all depends on how creative you are and how much time you are willing to spend to create these things.