Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:37 AM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

eek AT4 Rockets and bullets disappearing while on a chute?

I host DFX after 11:10PM Pacific, and one of my regulars has the most unusal glitch that I have ever seen. When he fires a rocket while he is on a chute, his rocket disappears a few meters out of the barrel, and never hits. His bullets too, apparently disappear, as he never makes a kill while on a chute. Once he is on the ground tho, he is very competitive. He has a new Dell PC, with a nVidia card, but he still is using dialup. Could his ISP be the problem, (like lost packets), or maybe something else?

I host DC's--DM_host-playing , you are all invited to stop in for some DM fun.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Lip A Girl is offline Lip A Girl

Most likely get faster dile up or scan your/his computer for problems even i get it and i got a T3 net and still of it just could be DFX Keep trying and i will try it out for my self Chears

Im Wondering Why Thease Events Happen To Me And My Mate We Need Help.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 PM

My mistake, he had a Radeon card, when his rockets and bullets were diasappearing while on a chute. I have found that serval players using Radeon cards have the exact same problem. TattleTail bought a new NVIDIA card and the problem went away totally. Now he kills me every time he fires a rocket from a chute. Those of you with Radeon cards playing DFX check it out. Is it all models of Radeon cards effected or only some that cannot generate the rockets and bullets fired from a chute?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
That's weird. How can the graphics card affect how the missle is firing? The graphics card only displays graphics, not how the missile is fired. :S

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-30-2006, 01:35 PM

I am telling it straight tho. I made a map called DC_CYLO@DEFCON-ONE_08 that is good for testing to see if your rockets hit while on a chute. Jump off the top of the cylo and shoot at anything on the bottom. There will be NO BOOM of the rocket exploding for most players with a Radeon card. The same with any map where you are on a chute. I can stand still in the broad open safely if my opponent has a Radeon, and easily pick them off with my machine gun, because none of his rockets or bullets hit. No pinging of bullets hitting nearby, NOTHING, until the Radeon card user hits the ground. Then they all hit. It is not in the card, it is a glitch in their drivers, and until Radeon Card users all start complaining, there is no insentive for them to fix that glitch in their drivers. BUT NVIDIA card users kill me all the time while they are on a chute. If you have a Radeon Card try it, if the drivers are the same for all models, then your rockets and bullets will disappear while you are on a chute too. TattleTail used to have a Radeon X600, and Uber-Pirate has a Radeon X1300; both did lose all of their rockets and bullets fired from a chute. TattleTail switched to a NVIDIA 7600 and kills me all the time now from a chute.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:46 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Chris, maybe the card dismisses the bullets / rockets as some kind of video noise / static? And thus it gets rid of them, also telling the pc that there aint any bullets /rockets.. And thus no hits..

This is just a wild guess tho.. I dont think it can be caused by loosing packages.. Atleast not every time he try's.. That will be a weird connection then filtering out shots fired...

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i'll give it a try

my radion is AMD/ATI newist driver and software 6.10 version

rocket shot out good and blown up on the ground good too.

maybe they need to update their video card to the newer release driver and software.

it work 100% good for me.

by the way love the count down that was something new i never seen before cool as hell

score broad timer lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-30-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:17 PM

Okay, is it possible that the Radeon player see the rocket hit, but it never shows up on the host's screeen? Either way, I see the flash from the AT4 tube, and sometimes even for a few meters the red tip of the rocket but it then just disappears, with several players using Radeon Cards, but NEVER with a player using a NVIDIA Card. I use a NVIDIA GeForce PX6600-256. Could it be my card having problems interpreting in the info sent by a Radeon Card? I host with Cable, and the ping average is 42ms roundtrip to Nova.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
this is what i see copy it using fraps.
lookup: test_990da.wmv click-on it you see what i seen basic i think it the same thing.

link: http://chief.adfp.googlepages.com/testpage

will let see you host the game i join in?

pm me the server name i be there asap

DF:Xtreme
server name:
game type: DM/TKOTH/CTF.......ect
===================================
Note i never seen the rocket it self fly out or leave the tube only the back fire (flame 1sec) and the trail of smoke it made going to the target. body of the rocket was not there to see.

all so i taken a M4 shot it at the sky as i was going down tracers only seen
===========================================
have one down side that is the text auto is a bet buggy. don't think i would host it if it keep come on all the time.

every 20-30min be ok but not 2-3min it popup with junk in the text field, i be looking up to see if my buddy trying to point out something in there.

think i would pass on this one do to that only.

will i waited catch me on my Windows Live Messenger service to joinup with you ok

ldrbill65etu(at)hotmail(dot)com
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-30-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

x1900xtx not a x1300 dc, close enough though lol
Old 01-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

also, dc's right, on my screen every rocket / bullet hits. or atleast fires... but aparently nothing on the other end.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Probably a stupid bug Nova forgot or didn't want to fix... pfff...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black