Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 02-19-2024, 04:59 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

request

i am making an official request for anyone who can make a new working bms to mis for jo/joe/joic.

main purpose for me, i have a few coop med maps that are decent maps but are not dedicated server friendly and if i could just take a peek in the med, i could probably fix them to work on a dedi.

thanks!!

Old 02-19-2024, 08:12 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo1SFH View Post
i am making an official request for anyone who can make a new working bms to mis for jo/joe/joic.

main purpose for me, i have a few coop med maps that are decent maps but are not dedicated server friendly and if i could just take a peek in the med, i could probably fix them to work on a dedi.

thanks!!

I think one already exists. I've used the DFX bms to mis converter to convert the stock joint ops maps. It worked fine. It would probably work for the IC mod as well.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:16 AM

i have that one. i get to the point where i want to save the conversion, but never get a message that is was completed nor can i ever find a mis file for the converted bms.

Old 02-20-2024, 04:23 AM

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=368

This is the one I use. On the download page is says it works for DFX1/2 and JO TR/JOE. Just tried it in joint ops and it works great.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:32 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Quote:
i have that one. i get to the point where i want to save the conversion, but never get a message that is was completed nor can i ever find a mis file for the converted bms.

TL;DR: Run all NL programs as Admin!

Windows 8 and 10 do this thing with some programs that do not have the required administrator rights to access the C: drive where new and altered files are not allowed in the folders on the C: drive that they need to be in, and they are shunted to this folder:

Code:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
This provides a level of safety from malware, but makes doing stuff with DFBHDTS and the MEd a pain in the ass 'til you grant the .exes admin rights.

Maybe something like this is happening with your JO BMS2MIS?

Start Windows Explorer, click the View menu, open the Show/Hide tab, and activate the "Show hidden elements" checkbox so you can see the AppData folder. Then go to the VirtualStore folder at the URL above, see if there's a Programs (x86) folder, then see if there's a Novalogic folder, and so on 'til you maybe find the .mis and .bms files. Drag those out of the virtual game folder and drop those into the actual game folder.

My SOP with all NovaLogic programs — installers, mission editors, and games — right-click the .exe or the start icon, click Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and confirm the checkbox "Run as Administrator" is activated.

If this is not what's happening on your crate, well, I've shared a bit of knowledge that might be helpful to somebody at some point.

And really, what's better than being helpful to somebody at some point?

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 02-20-2024 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
TL;DR: Run all NL programs as Admin!

Windows 8 and 10 do this thing with some programs that do not have the required administrator rights to access the C: drive where new and altered files are not allowed in the folders on the C: drive that they need to be in, and they are shunted to this folder:

Code:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
This provides a level of safety from malware, but makes doing stuff with DFBHDTS and the MEd a pain in the ass 'til you grant the .exes admin rights.

Maybe something like this is happening with your JO BMS2MIS?

Start Windows Explorer, click the View menu, open the Show/Hide tab, and activate the "Show hidden elements" checkbox so you can see the AppData folder. Then go to the VirtualStore folder at the URL above, see if there's a Programs (x86) folder, then see if there's a Novalogic folder, and so on 'til you maybe find the .mis and .bms files. Drag those out of the virtual game folder and drop those into the actual game folder.

My SOP with all NovaLogic programs — installers, mission editors, and games — right-click the .exe or the start icon, click Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and confirm the checkbox "Run as Administrator" is activated.

If this is not what's happening on your crate, well, I've shared a bit of knowledge that might be helpful to somebody at some point.

And really, what's better than being helpful to somebody at some point?
yeah, i checked that goofy virtual store thing. nothing was there. i run everything in admin mode.

maybe it just doesnt like me. lol

Old 02-20-2024, 10:34 PM

just tried again and got this error in the screenshot when trying to open the converted file.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg parseerror.jpg (82.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-20-2024, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=368

This is the one I use. On the download page is says it works for DFX1/2 and JO TR/JOE. Just tried it in joint ops and it works great.

thats the one i have. which med are you using? i have the 261 xmed.

Old 02-21-2024, 10:11 PM

Quote:
thats the one i have. which med are you using? i have the 261 xmed.

For JO, I think I'm using the DFXMED V 2.6.