Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

best website script?

im in the planning stages of re-designing my squad-ads website, i have a new domain as well so its relevant lol..

whats the best script to use? i need lots of features, easy to use and most importantly secure
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
SMF + tiny portal - once in stalled every thing can be done through the admin section.

They release updates pretty quickly for secruity issues, which can be downloaded and installed right through the admin panel - as well as most mods (some may require manually editing custom themes - but that can be done through admin panel also).

smf provides the forums, tinyportal is a mod for smf that gives you your side blocks... example of it in action: http://cssquad.com

Most blocks from php-nuke can be some what easily converted over to tinyportal blocks, just need to remove any php-nuke specific code, and change the mysql calls to standalone calls (ie - DBQuery() to mysql_query())

I love it and use it on any site I setup, and strongly encourage it to those who I help set sites up for .

IcI