Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Awac835 is offline Awac835

Something is missing in DFBHD

I would like to see BHD with a bit more tactic to it, and a bit slower game play, right now its just run and gun, if you don't snipe.
Why not make it so that you aim gets worse when your running and better when your laying prone, and make it so you can't zoom with the CAR15 and M16 when your moving,

Im thinking something like Americas Army but just with the BHD engine, it would really help the game i think, becuase now its just to fast.
And why don't some servers host attack and defend maps, instead of the TDM that is just getting boring becouse you don't need the least bit of tactics to be number one, just pick a M60 and shot while you run around corners.

And why do everybody have such a deep fear of tracers, so many whine about all the snipers but no body turns on tracers which would really remove all those hill top snipers.
Tracers don't hurt anyone else, the gunner can still run around sprying like he could be for and the CQB people shouldn't suffer from it either, and no your not a noob just becouse you play with tracers on, i hate those maps where your getting completly owned by snipers if you enter halfway into the game, and i often play a sniper myself and often thinks its a bit to easy at times, tracers would change this so why the hell not turn the damn things on.

Flame away about the M60 and the corner shoting and about being number one easy. OK its not that easy but when i try and pick up a M60 or SAW and run around like i see alot of the other gunners do i just feel so stupid becuse they have the trigger pulled 50% of the time.

DF BHD is just to arcade like, and like all arcade things its gets boring in the long run, the reson why, it offers nothing new, just run and gun.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:03 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
the reason most servers host TDM is beacuse it's probably one if not the most popular sub-game type in BHD. If more people played A&D maybe more servers would host it. And plus, some people like the more fast paced game play.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:32 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
I think something that would help people play less with the spray and pray attitude, and more with tactics would be Chief ADFP's suggesstion of hosting with zero respawns. You get killed once, and that's it 'till map change. In fact, I host every other day or so. I think I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

[edit] BTW, I didn't mean to imply I agreed 100% with you. I, personally have no problem with the fast pace of TDM, and I also like to think that myself, along with my squadmates, with the help of RW, make excellant use of tactics. But I do think it'll be kinda neat to see what happens when you can't just respawn and go find the sniper, gunner, cqb, medic or whatever that just handed your ass to you.

Last edited by CapN'C*cksucker; 07-10-2003 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:42 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think having the tracer on adds atmosphere to the game and in a real war you would see tracer arching across the sky.

A good sniper would never stop in one spot to long so it would still be difficult to locate him if he's good at his craft.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
i can't stand tracers, and i'm NOT a sniper
IMO it completely takes the fun away if everyone can clearly see where the others are, and thats what tracers in this game are basically about.

i refuse to play with tracers

Quote:
I think having the tracer on adds atmosphere to the game and in a real war you would see tracer arching across the sky.
maybe, but certainly not from assault/sniper rifles. more likely AAA

[edit]
and awac:
BHD is BHD, changing it wouldn't make sense IMO.

Last edited by Nev; 07-11-2003 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:38 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by Nev
i can't stand tracers, and i'm NOT a sniper
IMO it completely takes the fun away if everyone can clearly see where the others are, and thats what tracers in this game are basically about.

i refuse to play with tracers

maybe, but certainly not from assault/sniper rifles. more likely AAA

[edit]
and awac:
BHD is BHD, changing it wouldn't make sense IMO.

Ditto that **** man, I got into this **** back in DF2's prime. Tracers were gay then. So, of course they are now.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:58 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

On a real battle field tracers from all weapons can be seen including sniper rifles. Any weapon that discharges a projectile at high velocity will leave a trail in the sky even in broad day light. We are only talking about a game here so it's not really that important but if your looking for realism, then the tracers add atmosphere and a little realism to the game in general terms.

It's all as matter of opinion and individual choice, for my part the players who come onto my servers don't seem to care either way if tracers are on or not and the best snipers always change position frequently because the report from their weapon makes them fairly easy to track down if they fire, as many do, from one fixed position.

Regards
Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

AWAC835!! You should check out for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series if you like team based ops. I've yet to find anyone hosting A&D games though. The D-Day map would be GREAT if it was hosted as an A&D game.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:59 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Thx Animal I've heard a lot about that game and I'll look it up at my local game store!

Regards
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
I only like tracers on the night maps i think it gives it a better fell,

Hi may b thats just me

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
In real life I have to ask what’s god name would a sniper use tracers he have to be a fool his job is to hit and run and hind in a new spot no sniper really use tracers will may be if he have a death wish for it. Sorry the US-Army doesn’t give out Sniper's ammo with tracers to snipers at all maybe a firing range other then that nope.

As for other type of ammo: other then the Pistol (small arm's weapons) and sniper rifle.

Tracers for:
M60, SAW, M16/203,M16,mounted 50cal: use tracers one it show the target were they are coming from and it scare the hell out of them also, and other weapons'.

Still love to see a newbie go to basic ask the drill institutor’s were is my colorful scope sites on his weapon’s OMG loved to see that one.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-23-2003 at 09:47 PM.