Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Biggrin total lockdown at my school

when i got to school (i get there 40 min before school starts), the teachers had a meeting in the library, about 7 officers went in too. then kids started askin their parents to take them home, one officer guarded the door to the main entrance with an M16. it was baddass, during 3rd, I saw a SWAT guy dressed in all body armor, it was awesome, everyone was talkin about it and everything. there were like, an average of 4 people in every class i had. best day ever. What all this was over is they found a hitlist with a bunch of names after the day a kid brought a gun to school. I didnt mind my own safety because i knew it wasnt real, everyone else was callin their parents and asking to get signed out to go home and everyhthing, on average there were about 4 kids in each of my classes out of 25. i called my dad to go home because everyone else was. it was a day to remember

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Chels is offline Chels

My school has had 3 lockdowns already because hunters so when my sister would get home we would hear all about it. Also alot of schooled here have practice lockdown.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

My school once had a firedrill!

Lmao thats about as exiting my school was as a kid!

Well besides the occational bomb threats hah
For some reason a son of a bitch kept threatening the school I went to. Did get to see alot of copcars, but it was scary as a 7 yearold to hear there might be a bomb in the classroom you're corrently in (as they never knew where it could be). Didn't feel good to have to go in there again after that, but the teachers helped lot calming us down It happend a couple of more times after that and you started getting used to it. They finally cought the guy after that.

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 11-17-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
man what are schools becoming now adays next thing u know i won't be in iraq but patroling the halls of some high school.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

we hav never had a lockdown, although tbh.. our school is in a permanent 1 because of the troubles over here.. we get everything threw at us, petrol bombs, fireworks.. 1 or 2 pipebombs and recently we got shot at..

and ofcourse the PSNI doesn't show up at all, or the army..
Old 11-17-2006, 12:35 PM
-1PARA-

^damn, I'm glad I had a calm school!

My photography website

Old 11-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

lol some1 with a hit litst wouldnt have lasted long at my old school, went to T.W Martain High in Goodsprings Walkercounty Alabama, both coaches had pumpactions in their cars and some of the students had a gun in their car too, if i had been old enough i would have had something but i was still in 11th grade when they shut the school down, it wasnt too big of a deal for the coaches to pack fer the school and property belonged to Alabama Power and wasnt a part of the city education system.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i remember we had 15-20 lockdown in a one year time, the kids in 10th grade were doing it to get out of school for a day by calling in a local pay phone a bomb scare.

it work till the police trace the call to that pay phone next day they was back at that pay phone baam they got boosted funny to seen who these kids were.

by the way the mother and father had to pay cost for it all as! will think it was like USD-75.000.00, the court judge said something like "you think pulling this pank to get a day off from school and costing the county time and money! so you get a day off from school better think again. court fine you 75.000.00! your mother and father will need to pay back that amount to the county for your joy ride".

crime really don't pay at all

that was like back in spring 1972
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-17-2006, 01:54 PM
-1PARA-

So whats this lock down about? Locking the school and throwing the keys and home no one finds them? heh

My photography website

Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

my school had a lockdown once because some dude walked on campus .. eneded up being someones dad .. and he didn't sign in as a guest...
Old 11-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Whoa lol.

Hehe Trigger, we have firedrills every once in a while and all the girls scream lol. I've gotten used to it now it's so predictable... See a vehicle coming into the school saying ''Wormald'', and you know someone's gonna piss themselves lol!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo-
my school had a lockdown once because some dude walked on campus .. eneded up being someones dad .. and he didn't sign in as a guest...
ROFLMAO! Someone's over-precautious

But seriously. Can't believe these sorts of things can happen at school! Glad i've finished up my days there. But there was this one time...but a common one, pipebomb threat IN THE SCHOOL NEXT TO OURS. So what does our principal do? He shifts our entire school to a church ACROSS THE ROAD from the high school with the pipebomb in it. WTF?

1. Why would they move us from a distant area to EVEN CLOSER to the bomb? Idiots.
2. What is the blast radius of a pipebomb? A few metres? (im not really sure, just a guess) So; why would anyone panic if they are currently 800 metres away from the bomb?? Huh?
4. It was like 50 degrees inside that church. Why would you move us from the cool air of our classrooms to some holy oven!?
3. The bomb turned out to be fake - so far as i know.

Bomb squad showed up and about the best part of it all, was the robot that wheeled out of a huge blue van. That thing was awesome. But other than that, it was the most stupidest day in the world.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:00 AM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

whydidnt the swat guy take you away......heheheehh just teasin
14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked
Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

front-liner, pipebombs are deadly.. even at a range depending on the charge thats in them, and whats strapped on the side of them.. all it takes is for 1 bit of debris to hit something flammable to cause more havoc..

over here ages ago a pipebomb went off in our town and it broke windows over 500m away and nails were everywhere..

also, all american schools are over-precautious ever since columbine and terror attacks.. better safe than sorry
Old 11-19-2006, 10:44 AM
the Medic™ is offline the Medic™

this is even more cooler!

at my school we get false fire alarm's !!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:51 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

oh yea .. firealarms are like the boy who cried wolf at my school .. it gets pulled at least once a day .. and no one does **** ..

one time some idiot tried to leave school and his car caught on fire .. so of course it got pulled like 20 times that day .. everyone just walked out of class to watch the car burn rofl
Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
kinda used to lock downs myself, i was on lock down for about three weeks when the sniper's where shooting people in Virginia and Maryland, and we had two seperate lockdowns this year from people just robbing banks armed near my school, then we had another one where someone brought a gun to school with 2 pounds of weed..... and then there was the once we had a bomb threat and were ordered to the football field stadium, and then the guy who called in the first time said that the bomb was in the stadium, so then we were moved to the middle of the drivers ed parking lot.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo-
oh yea .. firealarms are like the boy who cried wolf at my school .. it gets pulled at least once a day .. and no one does **** ..

one time some idiot tried to leave school and his car caught on fire .. so of course it got pulled like 20 times that day .. everyone just walked out of class to watch the car burn rofl
haha, here in Virginia they have a thing were if a fire alarm gets pulled so many times as a prank, they are ordered by law to make it shoot ink out on the person, and one year someone pulled one, and they were red and green, kinda obvious who did it.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Rampage.

how about using the edite option you can copy and past a qoute into your post then save it.

steps
1.) after you make a post and seen some other post you like to reply to, all you have to do press the [quote] button then copy it.

2.) get out now press [edit] (in your post it made up) button then copy the quote in it, then add-in a reply to it under the quote you past in it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

Heh. Just a few days ago, a pitbull ran into our school, we were still getting off the buses and the announcement for lockdown came on the intercom. Animal Control was there, with tranq's and whatnot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me