Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-26-2002, 06:27 AM
Desciple is offline Desciple

Oh boy, bring me into this one too.

I am not gonna flame at anyone else......

Everyone knows what I meant by that.

You die repeatedly running around playing rat-a-tat-tat. Most of the time you never even see who shot you. Most likely it was me hiding on a hilltop somewhere.

This is completely why I have lost interest in this game. No one uses real life tactics but snipers.

The object of the game is survival of the fittest, not whoes PC is fastest or who can lag the best.

Let me see any of you go into a combat zone and run around like chickens with your heads cut off. I don't think so. You all will be hiding behind anything that you can get your bodies behind. I don't care what kind of weapon you carry. The object is to stay alive.

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-26-2002, 07:11 AM
Shaitan is offline Shaitan

Send a message via ICQ to Shaitan
"This is completely why I have lost interest in this game. No one uses real life tactics but snipers"

Not true actually. lol Not many of us left around possibly, but I always used real life line of sight obscuring to approach the enemy in DF 2. Its either that or die. To me that was big a part of the game as making a kill.
The problems arrived with Land Warrior. That game created terrible habits in players IMHO. A return to tactics in the player majority would be great. A bit much to ask for reality wise tho./ I am just gonna have to find like minded players for the type of games I wanna play as apposed to the status quo quaker fests that are surely gonna pop up.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:55 AM
Desciple is offline Desciple

I would love to play a game with like minded people.

I lost interest in matches also during my rein at VIPER SQUADRON for that very reason. The reason of people running around with no real purpose other than to "TRY" to take out people before being taken out. The principle is correct, however the tactic is not. Only in movies will you find people running across a square spraying everything that moves and losing only one guy. This is intensely incorrect.

I spent my time in the service as a US MARINE. Our life expectancy varies for occupations but, all were very, very short. This in part was due to our tactics of forcing the enemy to give up their position. You do not do this tactic alone or without sacrifice. I beleive the game should not allow respawns. I believe matches should not allow respawns. The last man standing should when the match for his squad. This is a war tactic. This is correct. If this were the way the game was played, then I would definately have a renewed interest.

There I have vented, AGAIN...........LOL

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-26-2002, 11:24 AM
DuaL is offline DuaL

Quote:
Originally posted by Desciple
I beleive the game should not allow respawns. I believe matches should not allow respawns. The last man standing should when the match for his squad. This is a war tactic. This is correct. If this were the way the game was played, then I would definately have a renewed interest.
Amen to that ....

Survival is not a part of the game called DF ..... dunno if it ever been .... but now it's not. Nobody cares anymore wether they live or die ...... because when you die, life is just a spacebar away. Takes away a whole lotta suspense of the online game.

I remember a while back ....... was playing OFP ..... a coop game.
Sneaked up to town ..... way faster than my teammates ..... hiding in 1 of the houses till a Russian convoy comes through and fortifiying in that town. I was trapped ..... couldn run away because I knew I would be pegged for sure.
So I stayed lying in the house waiting till my teammates come pick me up and hoping I wouldn be spotted.
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN that was the most intense game I've ever played ...... was scared sh*tless.

And all because I had something to lose! If I were shot I'd have to wait half an hour till I would be in the game again

I'm hoping to encounter many games like that in BHD
Old 09-26-2002, 11:50 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by Desciple
I beleive the game should not allow respawns. I believe matches should not allow respawns. The last man standing should when the match for his squad. This is a war tactic. This is correct. If this were the way the game was played, then I would definately have a renewed interest.
I believe there's an option in Hosting where you can turn off respawns

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-26-2002, 02:26 PM
DuaL is offline DuaL

Still miss a spectator mode