Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

Biggrin woowhoo, hell yea, lol

i got to play with my mauser i built some this month and walago i was shooting 1inch grupes at 200m with malasian 150gr FMJBT at 2800fps thats not even match ammo, im like dam ,a 5 shot grupe i can cover with a silver dollar at 200m, i would love to run some hand loads thru it, and that is without a bench rest, i was sitting cross leg and proped up on a tree.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
... what?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
malaysian 150grain = bullets that were being shot
2800feet per second = how fast the bullet is moving

shooting 5 shots at 200 meters or about 219 yards and hitting within inches of each other.

did I miss something because not sure what the other stuff he said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

umm, what part did ya have trouble with? ? ? ? ? grains= the weight of the bullet being fired.

Mauser is the rifle i use, it was origionaly set up in 7.92x57mm buti redid it in 7.62x51mm nato calibur, using a ramline synthetic stock, f54 conture barrel 24in long and 1-10 twist rifleing , it is made by battenfield tech and is 4140 chrome molly steel, using a model PO 8x56mm scope with 1000m draganove type recticle, and the barrel is frefloated thinckness of a playing card all way to the reciver.

im thinking i wasnt suposedto get the barrel i got because i cant find it anymore on any website, i look it up on the website i got it from and i get the listing but the barrel isnt the one i got, and it is extra tight , .304 bore diameter, and was slick as glass in the bore streight out of the box.

2800fps= foot per second translates out to about 847.9 meters per second.

and aiming at center of the square on the target hits 1in in any direction of the center of aim at 200m / 219yards.

silver dollar about 1.5 - 2inches in diameter and it coveres the grupe.

grupe = the clustering of the rounds in a pattern on the target, tighter the gruping the better.

cross leged or the siting suported position is the second position that is the most stable and alows for the maximum acuracy to acheive a hit on the center of mass of your target, being it paper or human, or animal, just think siting indian style with your elbows rested on your knees.

hand loads are what they are called, you load the rounds in a reloading press 1 at a time or many at a time depending on the press, i got a lyman ST turret press with a six position turret that will hold 6 dyes of any calibur, hand loads are the most accurate and lets you talior the bullet to you specific gun for maximum accuracy.

match ammo, is usually the best of the best of production ammo that comes from the ammunition factory, it has higher tolerances and is more accurate than regular bought ammo, remington makes some nice match ammo in a 168grain HPBT at 2650FPS, HPBT is Hollow Point Boat Tail, boat tail means that the bullet base is tapered at an angle to the center if axis of the bullet and cuts down on turbulance effect during flight, it is the most stable design for long range trajectory.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-04-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
yeah the only thing I did not know what you ment was a grupe. Never heard it called that before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser