Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

What Do you think? (UK Residents)

About the force used against people breaking into your house?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...293615,00.html

Too much or not enough?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

never enough
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
from what i heard about it on the news - about timewe can defend our own property. however it may lead to an increase of gun crime, as criminals will want to protect themselves.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
well we should be allowed to use force, and if they use it, use more..
u should be able to have almost nolimits, he's breaking the law, stop him

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I'm not a UK resident, but I just thought I'd share my state's laws on this subject. Oklahoma has what is called the "Make My Day" law. Here is an article about it in the Telegraph.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/nburg231.xml

I think the last paragraph of that story sums it all up. I hope I never have to use it, but my 12 guage shotty sits at the ready for anyone who wants to get in my house. I hope they like swiss cheese, cuz that's what they'll look like
Old 02-02-2005, 11:59 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

well i suppose depending on the type of person u are the amount of force u will use, like i dont see the point on killing the person it would be better to see them go through all the crap and court and see them jailed rather than making another family lose a "loved" one. i would probitally try to restrain them, but kill them, no lol
Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 PM
luckydice is offline luckydice

In kansas if you kill a robber in the house, its considered self defense. If he's running outside and you kill him on your lawn its considered murder. So there's a saying in kansas "if you kill a burglar make sure he falls through the door frame." lol

I think you should be able to protect your house, and family with what ever force is neccisary.

http://www.ap.dfhq.net
Old 02-02-2005, 01:50 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think if your confronted with a burglar in your house in the middle of the night, the words reasonable force will probably go right out of the window as I would want to ring the bastards neck for violating my home!

Regards
Old 02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
here is what i say, kill em cuz that way they cant take you to court for hitting them twice and getting rich out of it j/k

But as of right now only like a dozen go to court about this, and only half those actualy get a sentence

and you think of all the crime like that in London, Nottingham, Glasgow, Manchester, and Birmingham
Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
Sorry to double post

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
well i suppose depending on the type of person u are the amount of force u will use, like i dont see the point on killing the person it would be better to see them go through all the crap and court and see them jailed rather than making another family lose a "loved" one. i would probitally try to restrain them, but kill them, no lol
Thats the problem say you come into my nice house north of london and decide to rob me, if i hit you or "Subdue" you, you have to right to take me to court and sue, and have me thrown in jail cuz i hit you.......gota love it
Old 02-03-2005, 02:19 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Here where i am you are allowed to use reasonable force, but recently a whil back a guy stabbed multiple times a intruder with a samurai sword and killed him, the DPP (USA equivalent is the DA) decided they couldnt get a jury to come back with a guilty verdict and he got let off. Subsequently i think parliament passed legislation so that you can not sue for negligence if you are committing a criminal act at the time of the incident.

I think you should be able to take reasonable steps to protect yourself for as long as it takes for law enforcement to get there. Killing is going a bit to far IMO

And system, if you subdued me because i broke into your house, i couldnt sue you and have you put in jail, because it would be a civil matter. although i could sue you for damages. but you would have to be charged with a criminal offence, tried, convicted and sentenced before you could be put in jail.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Who said the person would be dead? I want to get some shot shells with rock salt. There would be mucho pain, no death. Pain pain pain
Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

page aint working with me, i suppose you have any right to defend your property if someone is vilating your privacy