Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:26 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
See this is where some 18th century colonialist thinking would work wonders. Theres a whole continent sitting there struggling to survive thats made largely of rich soils.

Go into africa, plant the hell out of the place with corn and whatever else. Pay the locals to do the work, which allows them to develop infrastructure and bring up their quality of life, export the fuel. Domesitc crop production remains, you get the corn syrup fuel and your helping solve africas problems....
Forgetting the enviromental aspect. More crops mean more rainforest that will be cut down, other then that it's great idea

My photography website

Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Then you have the desert that is already there in africa
Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Well yeah, just need to be able to grow something there heh, but I'm no expert in growing things so I'll just go to the corner and be quiet about that

My photography website

Old 05-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

they tried planting crops and stuff in africa Mike, and the ruleing class killed some of the farmers and stole their land giving it to their buddies and sold the equipment as scrap.

and ya can thank the politicians for and stupid people for what is happening in the US, that is why when this government was set up only those who owned buisnesses and land could vote for they hada a claim and had something to lose, and then those who hadnt any claim was allowed to vote and then women, and all they gota do is promise more to those who have not and security to the women and they get most of the vote.

what the colonialist thought was rite, but no form of government is safe from those who want to dominate everything and gain more power.

but ill tell ya how stupid most are, it is some of the daily comuters, they drive to work and then complain to the government to help them pay for gas and other thing, not even knowing that the money they get is taken from them in taxes, they cant see that, that is why they stoped paying people in cash, if ya dont see the money ya dont miss the money so most just go on thinking it all great.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
See this is where some 18th century colonialist thinking would work wonders. Theres a whole continent sitting there struggling to survive thats made largely of rich soils.

Go into africa, plant the hell out of the place with corn and whatever else. Pay the locals to do the work, which allows them to develop infrastructure and bring up their quality of life, export the fuel. Domesitc crop production remains, you get the corn syrup fuel and your helping solve africas problems....
if only it were that easy... we could also just learn how to extract oil from shale and we wouldn't be having this problem. At least, not for a very, very long time. Even Australia has a large ammout of shale oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_shale_reserves

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-28-2008, 03:28 PM
"ath-hole"

It's the american capitalist way, screw everyone else, make ton of money, waste it on plastic surgery and fanfare...etc.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Here is a good chart on gas prices:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usage_and_pricing

$4.00 aint so bad.

I don't care about the cost of gas. I just care about the future of our fuel. I don't want to trade one bad thing for another, like E85, what a joke. Not only does your gas cost the same (cheaper gas but less per mile) but the price of foods (anyone buy corn or bread?) have also went up because of it.

I remember about 2 years ago diesel was supposed to be good because it was cheaper so alot of people bought diesel cars.. last I was it was $1.50 more then gas.

What ever happened to that water powered car??
So who wants to move to Venezuela? .19 cents US a gallon lol

And i know where i WONT be moving anytime soon - Sierra Leone - $18.43 US LOL

Old 05-28-2008, 08:20 PM
"ath-hole"

It just angers me at the greed these people have. They have to force other poor people to suffer. Stupid humans.