Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
Thank you atholon.

Turned out there's an issue with the gearbox and some vibration from the engine (I noticed the gearbox but never the engine, a technician stressed the engine to a point where the vibration became obvious thats how we found it)

The gearbox will have to be taken out and repaired and they will have to try and find the cause to the engine vibration issue, will take a whole day
1.) check the engine mount rubber bushing some time will crack and break down they only last so long.

2.) timing chain maybe out line if the distributor cap if become loosing. vibration if it not bolted down good. try to turn it by hand if it move need to be reset with a timing light, any auto-repair shop do it for you.

3.) main drive belts worn some can make it seem tobe rocking.

4.) maybe all it needs is a good tune up, replace the spark plugs, distributor cap! (some times the plastic distributor cap can crack and water get inside look for build up grey film matter on metal stubs), spark plug wires if really bad can make engine rock like hell
*distributor cap controls the engine timing & fire order
*spark plugs (dirty or not cap right) in the right in order (mis-fire) this can make it rock really hard same with the spark plug wiring if one line is dead and not getting any juice send to the spark plug can make engine rock too.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-13-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Thanks for the help William, but this is Volvos problem, they have to fix it

Also with too little experience of cars and in english I just dont know what you said, well I got most besides timing chain.

The thing is that's in low revs, not at idle but slightly higher, goes away when you rev it more. I'm not able to stress it like the technician did so it's hard to get a grip of it

My photography website

Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Was sure that I posted a photo of my own car in here, know that I took the photo at least. Will try to get one into the photo of your car thread hehe.

All of the issues here was fixed quickly by Volvo, they have also fixed a few minor things like a couple of chips in the window, one or two that got there a few months after I bought it, they also knew that they got there afterwards. Free of charge as always, noticed a positional lamp had burnt out too when I was driving it to Volvo (got the message from the car), this was also fixed without any costs. Can't say anything else then that I'm very happy about how Volvo delt with this

Also changed from studed winter tires to summer tires, that was the second time I had driven it with summer tires. Supprising how quickly you get used to the noisy and "bumpy" winter tires, feels good to once again have a smoth ride. Well besides the left rear shockabsorber that broke a few weeks ago hehe But that will be taken care of on the 20th (no, that ain't free )

The bumpy ordeal doesn't stop there though, now it's the trashed roads (as always after winter time) that represents the bumpy feel

My photography website

Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
everything looks better with a spoiler
That's what they said about MW2, they were wrong!!!!!!!! *runs away sobbing*

Nice car bro.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
Thanks for the help William, but this is Volvos problem, they have to fix it

Also with too little experience of cars and in english I just dont know what you said, well I got most besides timing chain.

The thing is that's in low revs, not at idle but slightly higher, goes away when you rev it more. I'm not able to stress it like the technician did so it's hard to get a grip of it
That sounds like bad timing. was this car used? Ifr it was new and you are having all these problems I would trade it back in for another, thats way too many issues to be having for a new car in the first year.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

SilentTrigger*MFA* has failed to include a most obvious indication and that is the 'K's the car has done, assume a mild 10,000 km's a year thats about 80,000km's (AVERAGE)
at current oderage, you as the owner, can expect faults to appear, more so as the car 'milage' continues to climb, as most mid range sedans are "OLD" past 5 years or 50,000Km's, and even though you have done or paid to have done services as required by the manufacturer, it does mean you have been cheated, most likely by the parts approved service that was done recently.
I may suggest you obtain the WORK SHOP manual for this car if you intend to keep it for more that 1 year, it will at least prevent you from being ripped off by those pretend Volvo approved work shops, they in turn always always get the most under trained "BOY" on the staff to do the dumbest work and for the S60 that is changing all the oils and filters, as per any modern car anywhere in this world.
The car to me looks high, are those the correct tires/tyres are they overinflated?
that colour can hide anything,is the underseal intact you would know more about rust/snow/salt than me.
Biggest tip here is
ALWAYS GET IT CHECKED OUT BY YOUR MOTOR CLUB .....FIRST
Second tip if in doubt............WALK

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/tag/c70/

"m"