Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Rock or Rap
Rock 12 57.14%
Rap 6 28.57%
They both suck 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2003, 12:07 PM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

rap nowadays are boring. P. Diddy's getting worst, Eminem getting out of steam, Ja-Rule & Busta Rhymes rapping style is irritating. There's no distinct style anymore. They're just rhyming senseless... its like they got da juice but no flava'. The list below are among the best rap artist i've ever heard:

1.Arrested Development
2. De La Soul
3. Digable Planets
4. Warren G
5. 2Pac
6. Naughty by Nature.

they have SKILLZ!!! nothing but a lil bit of ol'skool there.

as for rock...

everything seems to be to mainstream now. Metallica is getting to commercialized. The last best album they had was the "black" album with enter the sandman. bon jovi & aerosmith is getting worst... the only one that is still kicking is U2!!! Whatever happened to Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Hootie & the blowfish? Nirvana will always live on...

Did any of u rock fans notice theres a lot of the rock band singers try to follow Eddie Vadder's style of singing? Too much angst in the current rock scene... no vote for me except for INCUBUS... they're cool!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:04 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
no you dont really need skill to rap cause anyone can make something up and just say it. All u need to do is get sum1 to write music for you. some rock is only somone screeming into the mic and that sux. none of that gets big, Now good rock you acually need skill to sing and make it sound good. rock isnt all about someone going up there and screaming into a mic . Rock is nothing like that. You need talent to play an instrument. you dont see rappers up there with a guitar or anything. all they do is wAlk back and forth talking into the mic. But i will say that i like some rap. little. i only like nas. hes alright. but i tell u again rock isnt about u going on the stage and screaming and smashing things. alot of rock is about self expression. every rocker does there own thing plays there own music and expresses there selves of how they want to.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser