Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Made another breakthrough with AI infantry.

Added in an experimental line to the AIobjects.con file, and now ive got them shooting at aircraft, REGARDLESS of where it is. Be it a jet flying overhead, or a Huey laying down a barrage of missiles and bullets, bots will shoot at them and try to destroy them.

Made some other major changes in the same file, and now ive got quicker reacting bots, and even better, they no longer stare at eachother when they are in each other's face.

Hey Mauser, do bots in BF2 strafe?

And Chris, you still working on your BHD mod?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I'm still continuing to mod, kinda, lol.

Well, I can't find the gun sounds for the M240 and M9, so that sucks, lol.

Can't really change AI...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

yup they straif me, lol.
quite effectivly too and at 300m.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 PM

A beautiful discovery...

The music in the game is in ''MENUMUS.sbf''! I used Devilclaw's .sbf Extractor and there was about 100 files in there... and I extracted one, and it had no file extension... Might even be corrupt (the file) itself so that sucks lol.

In the Deep Jungle mod, there is different music and there's no .sbf in the .pff (don't even think it would work by itself in the .pff), and no .sbf file on the outside! Just Nova's one. So the only way it probably happened was that the creator put some media file in the .pff and used a file to ''make it work'' in the game... lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 PM

So they strafe hey Mauser? Is there a file in your game's objects.rfa called 'soldiers/AI/objects.con' or something similiar?

I brought the Expack in BF42 into bot use. I also made it explode after 5 seconds so bots wont have to worry about using the detonator. Just trying to balance out the use of the expack against light and heavy armoured targets.

Also did another clean up of vehicle codes, tweaked weapon ranges and yeah. About it.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:00 AM

dint think bf2 got any rfa files, it does have a ai folder with ai stratigys and behaiviors.

i need to go back to school to learn to spell ,lol.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM

here is the only folder i have found(havnt reallly looked ) that has ai behaiviors and stratigys.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ai.zip (7.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 AM

and here is the us soldiers adjustments file.
this holds hit points life points and other adjustments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip us soldiers.zip (3.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM

strategies and behaviours? My my that sounds mighty interesting. I'll see if i can incorporate anything into the earlier Battlefields. The other zip looks intruiging aswell. But i see someone has beaten me to it...each has been downloaded before i arrived. I bet it was Chris

I'll have a look at these straight away.

And on my front, been trying to get bots to use teh Expacks and Landmines equally against tanks. So far its been a very annoying process. At first, bots used landmines against tanks just like they used to, but every so often they would blow one up with an Expack. Sounds good, but for some dumbass reason, i wanted equal usage.

So i played around, tested in controlled and uncontrolled conditions, but got results i didnt want. On top of it all, the engineer kit is being neglected, so i have to sort that out.

So after hours of testing, i returned the strengths to what they were before, but i have yet to test them in both controlled and uncontrolled conditions*.

*controlled conditions - when you force bots to use certain weapons, eg: Drive a tank up to the enemy to see if they use a certain weapon on you.
*uncontrolled conditions - When bots use specific weapons naturally. Eg:, the battle is raging, and a bot blows a tank up with something you wouldnt expect.

I was getting lots of great results during an uncontrolled condition test yesterday. But i wanted more and that kind of screwed it to hell. So really i want bots to use expacks against stationary guns and cars, but sometimes chuck em on tanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Nope, haven't touched those attachments, lol.

I'm kinda getting more interested in modding for OFP lol. I'm already helping a team out that is making a BHD mod for Operation Flashpoint, with the recruitment, lol.

I was thinking of putting ArmA gun sounds into OFP, just like me putting JO gun sounds into BHD, lol. Hehe...

Chris
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM

I'm also possibly going to be hired for work in a Battlefield mod's maps. But im still gathering information before i make my decision. If i join, i'll be helping to add AI to custom and official maps, as well as fixing AI weapon usage in them. Thats if i join anyway....

No luck with getting bots to use the expack and landmines equally. Just have to let em use landmines for tanks and expacks for other vehicles. Need to test this though.

Also added the C4 back into BFV, it will explode after 9 seconds like the Timebomb, also made it for bot use. But i have yet to test this. At the moment, its like 40 degrees in my flat....so goddamn hot it just isnt fun...or funny. So i have to abandon operations and flee to the shelter of the house. Tonight i'll do more testing, if i survive work.

I had a look at those attachments Mauser. Found some interesting lines in there, especially the radio lines. I'll look some more later.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Well, someone has been nice enough to send me the ArmA sounds, and it's a guy that emailed me half an hour ago lol.

He said he'll send the sounds provided that I know how to put them in the game... and I do!

Haha.

Chris
Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Guess what? I've tweaked the weapon velocities for the weapons! (Velocities in m/s.)

The default ones were so unrealistic and crap lol.

But for hours I've been Googling trying to find the velocity of the Winchester .300! OMG I can't find anything! The default velocity for the W300 is ''911'' BTW. Can you assist Mauser?

Thanks.

Chris
Old 03-03-2007, 12:12 AM

Did you try wikipedia? Thats where i searched for real world properties of weapons, primarily the feed system. Its not the best choice, but its worth a shot. I used to go to a site years ago by the name of 'security arms' or something, it had like a listing of over 400 weapons. It certainly made school a whole lot more interesting.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:57 PM

There's no wiki on it bro, I'm very sure. The closest I can get is just about Winchester bullets lol.

I used Wikipedia mainly, and it gave me every velocity on every gun (except M249 and W300), but I managed to find the velocity for the M249 on some other site... and the W300? No luck.

I think the W300 as featured on BHD is just a custom-made weapon. I read it on some site yesterday, I'm pretty sure. I should just keep the velocity as it is in the .def lol.

Well, for the mod team, things didn't go well:
http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/ofpmm...hread.php?t=33

I was trying to help out lol. It just didn't turn out the way I expected. ^ ^

Chris
Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM

I think I need help with something else too Mauser!

Is the shotgun in BHD a Remington 870? It doesn't state lol. I'm trying to change the velocity of that as well...

Chris
Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 AM

Ummm....that link of the thread your in didnt really state why "things arent going well"...

Nothing to report on my end, except ive begun making a BFV map. But because of EA/DICE's extreme stupidity, i have to download a program that'll make me be able to put AI support onto these maps. Good going DICE ya douchebags.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:08 PM

After many hours last night, i produced my very first fully working BFV map. It held up great as i roamed the vast empty expanse investigating everything to see if there were any bugs. But then i had to add AI support to it. What a friggin nightmare.

After several more infuriating hours of fooling around, the bots decided to work and i laoded the map up and there they were, spawning in with me. Moments later, the onslaught began. I took some screenshots too...

An earlier version of the map.

Another earlier version. I thought the 'prettyful' sunny sky was a bit much for the battle. Also there were various things i had to fix up and add in.

The 'window face off'...dont ask

Looks painful...

Added in a sheridan just to make it fair for the Allies (we got our butts flogged in earlier versions due to lack of firepower)

Our guys attacking the closest NVA base

A shilka about to roll over

Paratroopers (all allies bots start off here until they start capturing some CPs)

On the attack

Guns aimed on the LZ

One of the three vehicle wrecks...i like the look of it

Notice the NVA gone to sleep on the Bren...

BM21 charges in!

After this great success, many more ideas have begun flooding in for possible maps.
The only problem i have is the horrendous file size of these maps. 80mbs after the AI was added...bloody hell...
Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Well, I might add some custom music in BHD, as one of my friends that is working on the ''ShocknAwe'' mod (600mb big whooper mod), know how to. I've yet to know how to but no rush.

So overall, I've yet to still find the M240 and M9 sounds, but why bother? It's Nova's fault for making the weapon names so sloppy...

The W300 and Remington shotgun in the game have yet to have corrected velocities... The W300? Well, was hard to find info on it on the Net, and Nova's damn fault for stating the Remington in the game ''Shotgun''... so how the heck am I supposed to know which Remington that is?!

(BTW, the .50cal was the only weapon I saw with correct velocity...)

Nothing else to report I don't think...

Chris
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM

lol, that nva soldier lookes contorted.

well it pumpaction, maby remington 870 12ga or sorts, thats what most law enforcements and other tac teamssometimes use due to reliability.