Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Task Force Elite
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Task Force Elite Anything to do with the Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite game

Old 10-23-2023, 09:26 AM
Carcharadon is offline Carcharadon

“fallmps” und “breathtime”

Hi there,
somebody knows the Original Value of "fallmps" and "breathtime"? In some Maps i've played (for example Hardmaps) was a Value of 30 for "fallmps" and that was too high for my taste. Enemies were jumping from really high Mountains/Hills without dying. In the old Bearforce Mod for DFX was a Value 25 in the game.wac for "fallmps". I think, the Original Value could be 10 or 12. Any suggestions where i might find these Value? PFF? Same goes for "Breathtime". Wrong Section....sorry
Old 08-07-2024, 07:59 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

It appears that the default breath time is "20", which lasts for about 40 seconds.

As for the fallmps, I tested this using 'consol#("player health", health)' to show me the exact HP of the player.

Dropping from 9 meters reduced my HP to 21 at default fall settings.

I then adjusted the fallmps to get the same result, which ended up being "13".

So for default values:

set(fallmps, 13)
set(breathtime, 20)
Old 08-08-2024, 12:15 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

So, in the game.wac of the JO version of the SFOD mod I experiment in a lot, the fallmps was 20, for sure, and breathtime was 30, I think. There's a comment next to that value saying it was 45, but that was there when I opened it. I don't know if fallmps 20 is the default, though, that might be an edit for the mod.

I can tell you that fallmps 30 allows a survivable terminal velocity from any height, and that fallmps 1 will kill you if you step on any point with a lower Z than the one your on.

Some of the buggier maps in the SFOD mod are from DFX1 or DFX2, and the JO version of the SFOD mod doesn't give the single player infinite parasails, or the opportunity to change loadout to include a 'chute, so when you start a mission like 'Three Kings' or 'Spectre' spawning a few dozen meters above terrain, you fall and die.

However, the JO version of the SFOD mod allows manual sight elevation adjustment on your weapons.

Plusses and minusses, y'know?

I don't think I've ever seen the words 'plusses' and 'minusses' actually spelled out before. I'm a metalhead in my fifties. That can't be right, can it?

I'mma go check those spellings.

Edit: Okay, ten minutes of googling shows both 'plusses' and 'pluses' is acceptable, but only 'minuses' is correct.

Let's face it, english speakers: the rules of english are easy. The exceptions to the rules of english are what make it so difficult. And this three-decade american expatriate in Germany feels the number of exceptions to the rules of english effectively negate the rules.

There are only three rules in english: peer-pressure, tradition, and aesthetics. All of them designed to stratify social classes by expression and education.

"How do you pronounce 'New Orleans'?" Depends on what you have to rhyme it with.

Is it wooss-tuh-SHEER (maybe?), wooss-tuh-SHY-er (I think so), or wooss-tuh-SHUR (that seems wrong)? None of those sound like Worcestershire looks. I think it's a delicious condiment, even after I learned the ingredients. I shouldn't, but I do. Save your gag reflex the excercise, and don't look them up.

But knowing fallmps 13 gives near-fatal 9m drops is good info, and congruent with DFBHD(TS), if I recall correctly, and I assure you, I do not.

Now, I'm off to get my digital stopwatch and find out how long breathtime 60 really is, so I'm glad I changed the dead battery in it this morning.

Test findings will be reported by edit here.

Foretold Edit: Okay, it seems drowning happens at twice the breathtime value in seconds, and the breath bar turns red 20 seconds before that. I think breathtime 60 is too long after all, unless there's an Alien: Resurrection mod. Then you'd have to up it to 150, 165.

Oscarmike247: for the best information and viewmodel shotgun sights, ever.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 08-09-2024 at 08:01 AM.