Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

The Wire -- WiiMote compatible with PC?

Well it didn't take long for someone to figure out how to rig the Wii's remote control up to the PC as an input device for gaming. I mean, I have a friend who built a custom sensor bar for his Wii after forgetting it at his parent's place over the holidays! Turns out, the sensor bar is just a couple of Infrared LED's that emit a signal to detect where the WiiMote's are in relation to it. Go figure!

GlovePIE is a program that emulates various input devices for use on the PC for various applications. Recently, they announced the ability to interface the WiiMote with the computer for user input. I have yet to try this out (as I have not a Wii) but it sounds great.
To be realistic, though, I'd assume there are various compatibility issues with games. I find it hard to believe any games are going to work very well with t, but it'll be interesting to see how they can refine the technology to further enhance the realism. Finally, I believe GlovePIE is a free application - I'd hate to see the legal paperwork Nintendo would draw up if GlovePIE actually tried to sell the program for profit based on the WiiMote support!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park