Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 AM
LOGICLINE is offline LOGICLINE

some maps i have problems with

hi , we have 6 players all live near each other and we all join together 3 times a week to play coop maps , i have helped them all load the game and set up so we all play together. i have downloaded lots of coop maps and we have had no problems until now however . one of my friends has the game and we have played with him on many occasions ,
but on some of the maps he has a screen problem oon the top half of the screen , the original maps are fine and also many others are but for instance maps AMP BRIDGE , HIDDEN CANYONS , HIT AND RUN , OPERATION SNAGGLE TOOTH , TSK WAYPOINT CHARLIE FINAL , LAREDA are maps that he cant play the top half of the screen keeps redrawing and leaves the old redraws there its almost impossible for him too see anything , yet all the original maps and others including maps like AMP RIVER PATROL , DED , KHZ KIT KAT RIDE , ADVANCE TO INLAND BRAD G THE FINAL ASSULT , JUNGLE WARFARE , OPERATION DEVILS DEN , are game that play fine no screen problems at all . his computer is a compaq prersario desktop pentium 4 3.00 ghz 512 ram physical address extension ? . nvidia geoforce 6200 turbocashe with the very latest driver 7.7.7.7 .. please help
thanks
steve
Old 08-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Lucky is offline Lucky

did he try to un intall and reintall the game?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 PM

WHY ? THE GAME IS FINE ON ALL OTHER DEFAULT MAPS , SURLEY THE PROBLEM IS GRAPHIC RELATED
STEVE
Old 08-24-2005, 09:27 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Ok i got 1 solution and 2 questions that might help

Try reinstalling latest drivers cause it might of got messed up or corrupted on installtion it happens sometime!

Also what OS(Operating System) does he have?

Also what Connection does he have?

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 08-25-2005, 01:29 PM

WELL VISOR

WELL MY DEARS
IVE TRID ALL THE REINSTALLING,
IVE EVEN TRIED USING OLDER DRIVERS
BECAUSE MY CURRENT PC IS STILL USING A SLIGHTLY OLDER GRAPHICS DRIVER THAN THE COMPUTER IN QUESTION
WE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN ON A COUPLE OF COUNTERSTRIKE MAPS
REALLY WEIRD
ANYHOW ITS A XP 2000 SP2
AND GUYS IM REAL HAPPY YOUR THERE TO HELP
STEVE XX
Old 08-25-2005, 02:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Im not being mean or anything or dissing anything you have but from what ive always known XP's arent good for gaming and if they are only way most likely you could play games is if you had a good graphics card i have a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 SE card and it works good but i havent got to try CS due to some errors i know CS works fine with it in SP i have tried it but on MP no clue yet! Anyways if your Graphics card is kinda old like an odler card they produced a while back you might wanna try a better and newer card not saying it will help but it might!

Also if this is for Counter Strike i had no clue what game because i just realised it wasnt technically said if this was only for CS if its mainly in CS then i can direct you to someone or some site for Counter Strike Tech Support if you dont know any!

But now from rereading his problem as in the first post the redrawing part sounds like a Video Card Issue i might let you know that much its something to do with the Video Card as from what it sounds like to me!

One thing you didnt clearly mention was are all of you having the redraw problem or just him?

If so id say its his Video Card!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM

Ok after searching Nvidia for his computer info you gave me
Tell me this did you/he read and follow the installtion procedures here in this thing cause no matter how many time you reinstall it. It wont work if you dont make sure you did everything here it said to do before installing or to check before installing!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_...ion_hints.html

Also make sure he updates to the latest nforce drivers under Platform/NForce Drivers on this page im not sure how to do it for sure cause that might be one thing that i might need to do cause i dont think when isntalling your video card updates if that comes included! So you might want to make sure he also updated it for safety for future issues and maybe this issue it might help!
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 08-25-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:08 PM

YES , YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT
ITS JUST STRANGE THAT THE STANDARD GAME MAPS WORK OK AND SOME ADD ON MAPS DO AND SOME DONT
Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
SusyF is offline SusyF

Same problem here

I'm having the same problem with my new HP, and nvidia 6200 geforce... some maps work, some don't... i've reinstaled the game, installed new driver, nothing seems to work. Also have XP home edition... Isn't there anything else i can do?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 PM

Well since you both are having issues with the same Video Card you might check with Nividia on that specific card and find out whats wrong!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
JonM is offline JonM

nVidia seems to often require editing for it to work properly with games...