Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

TFD..dont see the big deal about it

Howdy all.

I was just checking out the TFD site that Stevie was nice enough to post for us.

Not to be a bummer here, but after looking at the site and all on the game I just dont see the excitement over it. The terrains look spray painted and if I read it correctly in multi-player mode you can play either DM, CTF or Co-op. That doesnt seem all that exciting since I dont play any of those today.

Well anyways, for those of you who purchase it...have fun.

Oh, I actually have a question. When people refer to DF4 do they mean BLH?

Happy Trails all

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/
Old 06-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I am pretty sure DF4 is TFD. Well thats what I call it and untill some official word from NL I will continue to call it that. And I am pretty sure that this game is worth the buy. It's Supposed to just be a lot better improved DF:LW. And I'm pretty sure they will have all the game types they have now + more. DM and CTF, not many ppl would buy it if it only had 2 game types. Well I wont be playing it long if it does. I woulda had my game today but I got to best buy to late and they were soldout already . I will have it late in the week and when I do I'll tell you some more info and get some nice looking ss's from it.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-19-2002, 01:23 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

Thanks Panther. I look forward to seeing your feedback on it. If it is worth buying and has more than 2 modes then I'll need to see if my computer can support it. The lack of a 3D graphic card precluded me from playin LW even though I bought the darn thing.

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/
Old 06-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I am pretty sure if you can run LW then TFD will run fine.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-20-2002, 02:52 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
The concensus in the community is that TFD is DF4.
That is of course bollocks. TFD is nothing more than a MOD sanctioned by nova to be done by a third party and released so that you don't actually have to own DFLW in order to run it.

Sierra did exactly the same with Half-Life Blue Shift. It wasn't half life two, it was a stand alone game that ran off of the same engine and premise as the original.

In my experience most software users consider a name change applicable when the programming has been altered significantly.
This includes most gamers.
No one called Quake Team-Arena, Quake4 and with good reason. They would have been numptys so to do.

However in the wide world of paranoia that is Novalogics DF series, punters seem to grasp hold of anything that might stop 'all the damn cheats that spoil it for others'.
As such they are demanding far more of this game than they will actually get and part of those demands is declaring the right as a community to call it DF4.

I expect a wave of enthusiasm followed quickly by a long drawn out round of '**** nova' as people realise that you can change the graphics as much as you like but if the game kernal remains the same the cheats currently on the circuit will have it cracked within 12 hours.

I will be buying the game because I love the game and actually am rather looking forward to the new objects and skins etc that it will provide.

However in as much as the community say its DF4 then it must be because it is we that drive the game to popularity and not Nova which gives the community the right to make such arbitrary decisions.

To be honest I don't think we will get official confirmation of the exact state of play as far as series numbering goes because quite honestly it doesn't matter. The games are great. Novaworld is an excellent free service. I only hope the true DF4 based on new graphical engine (actually commanche4) and a completley rewritten Bot AI, lives up to the fun I have had with DFLW and expect to have with TFD.

Old 06-20-2002, 06:36 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i love nova