Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 06-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Wink Computer cleaning tips;

Clean tower out with high compress air can. blow dust out with every 60mo. help to keep system running cooler.

turn system off and unplug it from the wall:
1.) CPU [small fan on mother broad] hold fan still with your hand it lightly, then blow it out. don't let fan spend around, as you blowing grail clean, may damage fan and push it out of balance the air pressure.

2.) power supply blow it out best as you can. same for the fan hold it still. you can use a pen or something to hold it still in place.

3.) mother broad blow it off, try not to pull on any cable or wiring in there, you may bush them to one side lightly to blow a area you need to get to. [don't pull on them at all]

4.) PCI-cards and any Graphic cards, blow them off, here you may have to remove the cards, to blow them off better. do one at a time if you do remove them and reconnect them back up. remember if there any wires hookup to them you will need to reconnect them back when finish up.

5.) Cd-writers and DVD players don't blow them out, use a Cd-cleaner you can get them at any computer center areas they are cheap to buy.

6.) washing the out side of case with any type of cleaner, glass cleaner or general cleaner will do, none oil base type only.
plastic case use type of cleaner that will not harm the case like 409 clean or something, in this case don't use a glass cleaner it may make it look Un-shinny in color.

if you case not looking shinny use baby-oil put some on outside of the case like a drop here and there, then take a rag or paper tower wipe it all over the case. case look new again.

if you are to scare to blow out your system or clean it, you can take it to a computer tech-center and ask them to do a cleaning service for you, think they may charge like USD-20.00 or 30.00 for it.

in the long run this help to keep it in good shape and if you have to send it in for a repair work place the tech will love you better for it.
===========================================
i use a air compressure unit, the pressure i set it to is 65-psi key broad i set it to 90psi, and i hold it about 4-6 inchs away from any hardware i maybe blowing off the dust with.

I never have it come in contact with the hardware, it may damage it in some ways.

play it safe you be ok, if you to scare best take it a tech/computer center ask them if they have it clean for you. take about 20min or less to do.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-05-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:40 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I use my mom's vacum, it has a blower on it, works like a charm

IcI
Old 06-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
best don't let them small fans in it spend ok, hold them still has you cleaning it, this way stays balance for you. if they go out of balance they may (not work as good) let the chips burn up under them.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]