Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Good ideas for free lancing (tips for programmers doing it for $$)

Seeings how I know of a lot of people who are trying to either sell templates, coding, etc, i thought i'd layout my tips and maybe Panther and some others could too.
  • Keep in constant communication with the client. I send daily reports and status checks as well as hang around on MSN.
  • Play it smart, don't get cheated! I program it and keep it on my server. They can test it out via my server, but if they want it, they must fork over the cash first. If they don't pay, then you have a script for sell at the very least.
  • Down payments are usually good. (I know from expierence). Do not make the down payment to large, but keep it small, yet decent sized. To make sure they are not going to cheat you.
  • Also, agree on a set price before. Try hard to keep the price from fluxuating as you go along.

I've got more, that I'll post later.