Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

AMD vs Intel

I know this has been out for awhile, but I just read into it a little bit more tonight... I read the whole 48 page complaint AMD filed against Intel... At first I thought it was just for AMD to gain market share through publicity, but after reading and then taking a look around I found that AMD's claims are true..

Mostly what AMD claims is that intel "bullies" computer manufactures like Dell, Hp, gateway etc into buying only Intel cpu's, or limiting them to only a certain ammout of AMD cpu's. If you read the document you'll find a better description of that..

I go looking around the internet at dell.com, gateway.com and hp.com and notice that the statements are true. I don't think I have ever seen an AMD cpu in a dell system, even though AMD's are far more powerfull.

As many people know, AMD is alot cheaper and more advanced then intel in almost every aspect other then video compression / decompression, so why wouldn't they be put into these computers?

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Weblets/0,,...?redir=CORBF02

I like AMD far more then intel, mainly because they are the underdog & have a strong product. Same for me with ATi. It makes me wonder why companies like nVidia and Intel dominate when there competitors (ATi/AMD) are cheaper, yet more advanced.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq