Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
SSBUILD is offline SSBUILD

Doors open at Squad Site Builders:

We have opened our doors for visitation. This will be not just a resource site, but a place to buy space, find teams, start teams, rent space, advertise, and also find all those resources you need. But heres the catch all for this. Were going to be covering several large scale games not just one. Here is a short listing of games were going to cover.......

JointOps/Escalation
Halo/Halo2
BattleField Series
Unreal Series
World of Warcraft Series
Soldier of Fortune Series
Rainbow Six Series
America's Army
Ghost Recone/GR2
Call of Duty
Stalker
Delta Force Series

And this is to just name a few,dont see your game let us know and we can install it also. Were now allowing additions to downloads db, links, topsites, forums, supporters. Hurry over and get a jump start on advertising your team/clan or just your site in general. There is still a lot more were adding before official opening date but due to request weve opened our doors early to allow people the oppurtunity to get involved and setup before we go public for business.

Dont forget we still have a few job positions open as well if you want to get involved for your game type or the overall gameing community.

Were also looking for ONE(1) game server company that we can send our customers too for all their server needs as well.
Come on by and enjoy.....

DAMIAN
Co-Owner...

Were also going to be offering exclusive advertisement(for free) to one major game specific resource site for each game type.

Please contact admin at site for this information.Squad Site Builders

Last edited by Steve; 03-03-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i was trying to figure this place out, but basically your a web hosting company?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:06 PM

yea kinda, but were also going to be offering specials for teams and for game resource sites. Were hoping to bring a lot of games and game resources together in one large linking location for all types of games played. Were all gamers for multiple games including BHD,Jo and Escalation. Going to be looking for one major resource site per game type also to represent that game and take place of the manufacture's sites for the main link for that game. Were also looking for main links for specific items like just a maps site, just a tournament site, etc....
Anything we can get or add for you or anyone just let us know.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:48 PM
TripleKill is offline TripleKill

Send a message via AIM to TripleKill Send a message via Yahoo to TripleKill
your prices are expensive
Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Good luck with it m8.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-03-2005, 02:56 PM

well its the setup fee that gets me but when I re-read it It does seem like its fair as far as what ya offer...what im wondering is do yall host through your own servers or use another companies?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:56 PM

What do you think would be more inline priceing for what were going to be offering TripleKill?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:59 PM

All hosting is sponsored thru DataCities, a very well established and long term company that has been around for years. And our domain purchaseing is thru the same company that backs go-daddy's domains. Were not cutting any corners on this venture. Just taking time getting in touch with authors of original scripts for authorization to upgrade and or offer for downloads or link to them. Just time process, let us know if ya need anything in particular.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:41 PM
JonM is offline JonM

www.wh-hq.net ... lil cheaper bro, and by the way, the only way i'm going to purchase hosting, is no offense, if the person i'm buying from owns a dedicated server or a data center. but good luck
Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM

yea thats nice priceing, but were here to offer all the items that go with the hosting as well as game support and the site cusotmized and ready to go.But its all good.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 PM
lolteamsabre is offline lolteamsabre

nice, luv the idea, nice job , ^_^
Old 03-03-2005, 07:54 PM

You should offer hosting without the website set up. Because if some1 like me (im not for use as an example) were to buy your hosting I wouldnt want the website and everything as I could just make that myself. And I still disagree with the setup fee as its pricy. And if yalls service is bad people shelled out that kinda money for nothing!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I have to agree with TripleKill... the set up fee seems kind of high. Especially if there isn't a way to get money back if the person isn't happy with the service (like a 30 day satisfaction guaranty).

Also, having to register to view the forums I think is a drawback.

At least have a forum where people can ask questions with out registering on the site.
Just a thought.

For me personally 90% of the sites that I go to that require me to register to even view the forums turns me away and I never go back...

Hope it works out!

IcI
Old 03-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot

For me personally 90% of the sites that I go to that require me to register to even view the forums turns me away and I never go back...

Hope it works out!

IcI [/B]
It's for security issues dude. It's for the protection of members and guests. Registering is no problem for me and never has been. I accepted that long ago. Later!

Old 03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
JonM is offline JonM

again make the fees' lower...and the easier way to that is a dedicated server www.ev1servers.net ... make your customers happier, with better speeds, and put your self in control ... I know taht it costs more, but the happier the customers, with the better plans, you'll be amazed waht could go down, and maybe get a lil less gfxed up theme for php_nuke, cuz it takes forever to load...

enough of criticism

some good thing

Well the plan and idea are very good, and could easily boom if done right! You've got it right on supporting multiple games, and you seem to be smart in advertising, good luck...my 2 cents
Old 03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

-Elite-, are you coding a top50 for your site?

Old 03-03-2005, 10:08 PM
JonM is offline JonM

ya
Old 03-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

rgr

Old 03-04-2005, 08:30 AM

Everyone makes some good points. So weve readjusted our priceing for setup fee's. However to people that do not want to register well just have to say SORRY. The forums, and any part of this site that will have other pples as well as our private information on it will reamian by registeration only for security issues. Sorry but thats just a staple of life, its not by choice but rather the need to have to do that because of some pple in the world have nothing better to do with their time and to try and wreck others good times and work. So for the security of ourselves and our CUSTOMERS/MEMBERS registeration will remain to be required to any sections that store or link to stored information about members.
As for hosting and who from....well stick with DAtaCities, have been with them for over 5 years and have never had a problem or issue with them and have never had any downtime that wasnt scheduled.(30mins once for server change)
ThankYou all for your feedback, thats the only way any project gets off the ground and working.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:01 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
You have a point there about the forums, but at the same time you can hide which sections a person sees.

I do it on my squad site. Non registered people only see the public spot. They don't see the 6 other sections that exist for the squad related stuff.

I just know that I personally like to be able to ask a question or see questions that others have asked, related to the service with out having to register. I forget now, but when i was pricing out game server rental's there may have been 1 or 2 spots that didn't provide enough info, and didn't have any easy way to contact that in the future when i may need to rent one I won't go to.

Any ways, gl with your venture