Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

Biggrin woowhoo

just got my test results back from the ESCO institute reguarding my EPA certification for HVAC heating and air and i have been universally cirtified, now i can work on air conditioning and buy and transport CFC, HCFC, HFC refrigerants.

now to get a good paying job, lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
GJ bro!!!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Congrats my friend. It is so nice to have a decent job which should be easy for you. I am psyched to start mine on Monday.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
GJ

Old 10-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
So if the NovaHQ HVAC goes out your going to give us a good deal and fix it for free, just pay for the parts? lol

Congrats on the certificate, give it a few years and maybe think about doing it on your own, be your own boss.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-06-2007, 04:50 AM

You also seem to be really knowledgable with firearms lol. Maybe a weapons technician in the army or something?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Congrats on the certification mauser

Mauser join the army? Im not sure hed go for that, though i could be wrong...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

only as a last resort for a few reasons, 1 is the weapons like the m16 and the m4 and all of those lowest bidder stamped out pice of trout line weights and the other is the crappy rules and hassle that come along, like if you shoot and defend yourself and the idiots in washington find out you could be courtmartialed.

but the weapons, like the M16 and M4 and Car15 are all aluminum reciver with steel bolt and they crap where they eat, like when you fire the M16 it creates a carbon fouling that the close tolerance reciver shaves off and james into places you dont want it and the fouling is abrasive so it is like having emery cloth in the reciver every time you fire it and being it is steel and aluminum it enbeds the grit in the aluminum and eats away at everything faster than a steel reciver would, the FN FAL or Fusil Automatique Leger - Light Automatic Rifle, found a way around all that and the deigner made it self cleaning to an extent. the parts that get buildup on them have a port that they shove the fouling thru so it isnt in the gun any more, reducing wear all round, and none of this foward assist.

why would you need a foward assist on a rifle, my sks hasnt got 1 my mauser hasnt got 1, my Hakiem hasnt got 1, my 10\22 hasnt got 1, the reason for it is used to clear the rifle after a jam acording to my reading witch indicates it being jam prone, and it used to be very jam prone, the reason for all the jams if ya use it a lot without cleaning it is all of this high tolerance, you dont need a rifle with .003 tolerance in it, that is a no no with a rifle that has no cleaning ports the sks or the ak is made sloppy for a reason, it was designed around corosive ammo and corosive makes a lot of fouling and with tight tolerances it will make a jam.

they had sevear problems with the m16 in nam, like the electralosis set up in the damp environment being it was aluminum on steel and they actually issued bondo kits to the soldiers to patch the holes ate in the reciver, thhere were cases of a soldier finding a sks or ak in the mud and water after a few days and it would still fire without cleaning anything, try that with a m16 or m4 the thing if it doeas fire will probably blow up in your face.

and the range and power of the m16 and m4 compaired to the 7.62x51mm and the 7.62x39mm sucks, yea yea yea, i know you love the 5.56 varnment calibur, and i know you train out to 200-300m with it, well think of this, when they was using the m14 they trained out to 500m with them.

knitice i saidvarnment calibur, that is what the round is, a varnment calibur, it is designed as a wounding round instead of a killing round, shure you can carry more ammo but the guy might still have some fight left in him even after you shoot him and him having a larger calibur if he is 500m out and knows how to use it your m16 and m4 with its increadibly short barrel is useless,, the M16 and M4 are short range urban weapons, that is why the M4 has such a short barrel and is usually set up for the aimpoint crapola, the sks and ak are capable of delivering accurate fire out to 300m and instead of a hole the size of an acorn it will usually make a hole the size of a nickle entering and exiting around the size of my fist for the 7.62x51mm 174gr hpbt at 2700fps.

im like woowhoo the 5,56 can move at 3000fps but makes a hole the size of a pinky nail entering and exiting at range the size of a quarter if you are lucky.

1 thing they wont tell you, you can defeat the 5.56 with rubber belting an inch thinck loosly hung inside the walls of a structure, the bullet hits it and the inertia is asorbed by the rubber, it has to be able to swing the belting so dont mount solid.

and on the 5.56 verses the .308, like i said you can carry more ammo but the .308 i shoot some1 with kills him and he is dead and i have to tend with the other guys there, but i use the solid ball 5,56 and it just wounds him it takes him and the people to carry him off the field, the 5,56 is and has been designed to be a wounding round, you can wound with a .308 and when they try to get that guy you wound another and keep draging them in, and no more than 2 shots per locatioin if you are a sniper, i have seen that a thousand times some1 shoots a guy at 600m and shoots another guy at 600m and the 1st shot they have a general idea of direction but the second shot marks you and while you are shooting the 4th or 5th person the other guy is sneaking up on your ass , move after every shot if possable, fire 1 shot and maby a follow up shot and relocate.

and singleout the officers and work your way down the ranks, it confuses the hell out of them most of the time.

and on flash hiders, the spiral type and the perferated type are of noo good, they make a nice big shoot me symbol at the reciving end, the cone type that looks like a funnel on the end is the most effective, it makes a small round dot at range, and be mindful of your environment, shooting a rifle makes a shockwave and a pressure burst at the muzzle and it will stir up dust if in the prone position , lay a piece of birlap on the ground below the muzzle if possable to minimize the dust cloud and a piece across the muzzle will help to hide the flash, and dont take the cover off the scope till you are ready to shoot, it reflects light and will give you away, i way around this is to , ya will think me funny, take a piece of panty hose and lay across the scope untill you aquire the target, it is fine enougt mesh it will allow to see thru but will help to lessen the reflection, get a sunshade if possable.

lol im gona have to make a new thread on tactics, this is getting a little long.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Congrats on the certification mauser

Mauser join the army? Im not sure hed go for that, though i could be wrong...
Yeah I thought that as well... same...

Maybe help out a game company in the ballistics department lol? Heh, that would be awesome. But if your current job is good pay, then keep it.

Chris