Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
The Ghost bug

I'm having a prob in one of my maps that will allow the player to walk through solid objects. it is kinda weird. everything goes fine until about 20 seconds into the map. then the player has the ability to walk through walls.

then 10 seconds later it all goes back to normal?!?!?!?!?!

this has happened before and my good buddy Dave said it was a BOT error. so he deleted one bot at a time until it fixed the prob. but I've tried deleting all of the bots and it fixed it but when I started to replace the bots I deleted and add new ones it started doing it again.

does any one know what kind of BOT error causes this bug? I need to find a way to avoid it. replacing bots is NOT fun.

Thanks a million!
Killer
Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
they had the same thing happen in a BHD when it was being release and some people mod it and others did not have the skins or 3d.dill file in their game.

player with the skins in will seem tobe walking through building and some seem they are walking in med air as will.

the thing is ether have the building in the game or not.

*cheat walk through walls trick
*they don't have the items in their game so they are looking like they doing unreal things in the game.

get a screen shot (from the one doing it) on what they see as they walking through the area, better judge it.

i remember seeing player walking on the 2nd floor without a build there at all. look weird see some one walking up steps and going to the 3rd floor in med-air i see them 100% but no building at all were they are walking

weird thing about mods or people who mod their games
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 AM
HappyGoLucky

well it's not just with one building. the player is able to walk through anything, trees, decorations, buildings. and for soe reason it only happens when I start placing bots (its a SP map).

Even the bots that are on the second floor of a building will fall through the floor and be able to walk through walls. but the weird thing is 20 seconds into the game it fixes itself.... LOL.

and I don't exactly have Buildings. you see I'm making like an old run down town with bomed out buildings and sftuff. DFX doesn't have any half destroyed buildings that are big enough so I made some out of old ruin pieces.... so in this case the buildings are made of decorations. I thought this might be the problem but I had this same problem in 2 other maps.

Here's some SS to show what I'm talking about. man I didn't wanna show it yet but oh well. Enjoy Spinney LOL.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok keep in mind some item are skin to be use on level ground and not turn on it side. when you turn a item side ways! a player maybe able to walk right through it some times.

then again it could be the loading time taken longer for a item to get on the map longer too.

chain link fencing is a great way to patch in between items like a net. you can turn it side ways upside down it still block all try go through area, like a bad spot.

clashing item together! can do that too, many items in a tight small space will do it, its the norm take longer why its happens, best get around it delay the start of the map a bet 1min or 3min timer the map loads up and be ready tobe play on.

delay the start of a map get a break all a drink or snake then! come back a 5min break between maps is best....like a coffee break

tip add-in some smoke and set the map if there is a set number of players smoke remove from map and same for fire too. i love smoke but if there is a lot of players say over 15 you can set the map to remove the smoke from showing up, some times smoke can make a map lag too if there is a lot of it, fog color is great like a swampy area dark stinking skunk water smell

like the theme of the map! hide & seek, i see you first sucker! your dead meant lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-09-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
HappyGoLucky

lol. well once again it's not just doing it with the ruin pieces. it does it for pretty much everything. at the start of the map everything works fine. then 10 seconds later it screws up for a little bit then goes back to normal. IDK. it might not be that bad of a bug to worry about fixing.

but it sounds like you think it is a COOP lol. it is a Single player. you and your team is protecting a road that leads thru the town to a bridge. so you and about 30 team mates will hold off the BG's and keep them from crossing the bridge. so it's not exactly a hide and seek. after about 30 seconds into the game it explodes in action with BG's pouring into the town everywhere from all directions. its fun.