Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-18-2002, 10:03 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad Update problems?

I notice from the comments of a fair few players that this new update is still causing a lot of problems. I had to un-install LW to get rid of it as I was unable to get in to any one's game because I kept getting the same message that my version was newer than theirs. I have read some where in the post's today that only a 1000 players have this new version and a lot of them have experienced difficulties when using it. I have one question (if any one knows the answer) will every one need this new update eventually? I only have a few months experience of playing on LW so any advice would be useful.

Thx
Baddog.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
no one 'needs' the update actually. it's just the updates are supposed to improve the game, hence everyone usually moves to the new patch. plus ur gonna need the latest patch to play nova stats. as long as nova leaves up the old lobbies then u can use old patches. i reckon there will be a few people on the very first version - fresh cd install.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:45 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Just to check.
Are you accessing games through DFLW. I mean opening the game and clicking through to the menus?
If so then you shouldnt get the message that your game is newer as .37 updates your link to novaworld to include the server that hosts the link to all .37 games.
If you are using something like Ip4LW or DF faves then you will ALWAYS get this menu unless you update the settings of these third party progs to look for .37 games.
I dont know the full internet addy but you will notice that it has as part of the address (when you find it in your ip4/dffaves settings) the code, q7 . If you change it to q8 then you will be pointed in the direction of the correct nova servers for playing .37 games.

In the question do you need to do it.
Yes you do because as a user of .37 I have noticed the best servers have updated. I See Elvis, Whose your daddy, *PR*Zone, NBK world etc etc etc, are all now running .37 so now is the time to update.

Old 05-20-2002, 08:06 PM
BLADE =GH= is offline BLADE =GH=

Send a message via ICQ to BLADE =GH=
Hi m8 just copy n paste in dffavorites settings
then new 1 is http://208.231.90.233/DF3LOBBYQ8.
so copy you old setting number to a text pad, paste this new1 for currunt games on , the paste old 1 for users on .31 patch.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:22 PM
assmonkeyo523 is offline assmonkeyo523

Send a message via Yahoo to assmonkeyo523
hey panther vs doom ld me to come here and check out the new dflw
Old 05-21-2002, 03:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool RE:UPDATE.

Hi all, Many, many thanks for all the commments and advice about this update. I'm slowly beginning to figure things out.....at last lol! Thanks again to the guys who set up DF-HQ for a great site that has lots of information for both new and more experienced players. I also recieved quite a few emails from other players directly and have recommended DF-HQ to them.

THX
BADDOG