Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Desciple is offline Desciple

How do I?

install a new font and where?

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-19-2002, 12:19 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

To add a new font to your computer

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fonts.
If you don't see the item you want, click view all Control Panel options, and then double-click the item.

On the File menu, click Install New Font.
Click the drive, and then click the folder that contains the font you want to add.
Click the font you want to add.
Notes

To select more than one font to add, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the fonts you want.
For TrueType, Raster, or Adobe Type 1 fonts, you can also add the font by dragging the appropriate files to the Fonts folder. If you want to see the file name extensions in Windows Explorer, click the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab. Clear the Hide file extensions for known file types check box. This works only for fonts that are not in the Fonts folder.
To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer, make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box in the Add Fonts dialog box is clear. This option is available only when you install TrueType or Raster fonts by clicking Install New Font on the File menu.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-19-2002, 12:32 PM

thanks. now where do i find

free graphic fonts

Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-19-2002, 12:43 PM

http://www.fontsnthings.com/

Quote:
Old 09-19-2002, 12:44 PM

scratch that

how do i type ™

when a program like xara will not let me cut and paste, or superscript

Old 09-19-2002, 12:49 PM

Corel Xara?

In order to use fonts you need to them first like I posted above and then you can use 'em anywhere

Run character maps, START->RUN and type or paste CHARMAP.EXE a box will appear. Scroll through and find the font you wanna use. Find the TM sign.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2002, 04:01 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by GEN~VS~C U DIE
thanks. now where do i find

free graphic fonts
http://www.dfhq.net/forum/showthread...&threadid=3918
check the 3rd post
Old 09-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Ian M is offline Ian M

Press and hold down the ALT key
Using the number pade type 0153
release the ALT key

Voila
Old 09-21-2002, 10:33 PM

I think he already got that part covered with Character map!

Quote:
Old 09-22-2002, 02:06 PM
Ian M is offline Ian M

Yes but he said that he couldnt copy and paste and Char map doesnt neccessarily make it easy to understand the ALT+000 option.